inTank Media Baskets

Custom 18x18x18 inch cube in England (with pictures)

jemram

I finaly got the live rock for my tank today. Was a 250 mile round trip but it was worth it to be able to hand select the pieces.

IMG_2847-01b.jpg

IMG_2853-01b.jpg

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a very nice tank man. wow you drive or fly 250 miles round trip just to pick up the live rock. That's something i can do, just too damn lazy.

Here's a picture of the tank from further away:

IMG_2855.jpg

And a close up of the light. It's an Arcadia 150W MH pendant:

IMG_2856.jpg

Ok cool. So its just hanging from the ceiling then?

What are you planing on for livestock?

texx

Yep, just two wires from the ceiling.

As for livestock it's going to have 2 or 3 small fish, 2 or 3 shrimp (blood and sexy most likely) a mix of corals etc including SPS and it needs a clam too!

Nice looking setup, digging the rockwork. Was the tank custom made? what is the volume of the tank?

Yes it was custom made. The volume is just over 23 gallons.

I just made this little video so you can see the water movement etc. (The quality is crap as it's from my phone)

th_15-10-06_1019.jpg

I've already got signs of life. There's about 6 or 7 fan worms and what I think is a peanut worm. I also saw a worm that looked like a millipede with no legs. It was brown with a metallic blue sheen.

The cycle is well on it's way. The ammonia is lower today than yesterday, and the nitrite is higher today, and also the nitrate is higher. I'm hoping it will be a quick cycle as the rock was only out of water for 2 hours.

Jeremy,

You really pulled it off. Great work! Keep the pics coming as you update.

- Chad

ps - I removed the surface film on mine by setting a paper towel on the surface every once in a while and letting it absorb it.

Thanks Chad and thanks for the original idea and all the help via PM. Also a big thanks to all the other guys on here who have helped in one way or another.

BTW thats 33lb of live rock, and the tank is 22.5 US gallons.

Well the cycle is getting there. The ammonia has suddenly dropped to 0. Nitrite is less today than yesterday too.

Looking Very Nice.

What type of clam you goin for?

Thanks.

I'm not sure yet which type of clam to go for. Any recommendations?

Nice tank man, looks very clean. What type of flow do you have running through it?

It's a closed loop going through the base of the tank powered by a 900gph Eheim 1262.

Archived