Top Shelf Aquatics

Stella's Sixty-Six

ReefWeeds

I am my own worst hazard! Accident with the dremel. Tried to sand off my fingerprints apparently.

I injure myself all the time with power tools :D At least you are not afraid of them. The thought of my wife and a dremmel tool scares me.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I injure myself all the time with power tools :D At least you are not afraid of them. The thought of my wife and a dremmel tool scares me.

The thought of my husband and a dremel - hell, any power tool - scares me! :)

yeah, just paint. I had some behr that is supposed to be primer + paint in one. Didn't work so well :)

But it's ok. I'll touch it up if I am bothered enough. I like the brightness in the stand.

Yeah, that stuff is a pita to paint...probably had to hand and prime to get it to adhere decently. I wouldn't touch it up while your tank is running though...you don't want to risk any of it getting in the water...and I'm sure the fumes settling on top of the water isn't a good thing either.

Painting the inside of the stand = big fail :) The paint just doesn't adhere well to the coating or whatever it is called on the MDF. Already have areas peeling that I've knocked stuff into. Oh well :) The good news is my caulking job is holding firm. It's just going to look really weird in a few months - kind of like a spotted black and white cow.

A little late now....should have used spraypaint.

A little late now....should have used spraypaint.

I even bought some rustoleum! But I was afraid it would spray through some of the gaps in the seems. OH well. Hindsight.

Now I just will have a peely stand - it will match the old house ;)

I am my own worst hazard! Accident with the dremel. Tried to sand off my fingerprints apparently.

Okay.. for your own safety please wear gloves, steel toed shoes, a hard hat, a bulletproof vest, a welding mask, etc.

I even bought some rustoleum! But I was afraid it would spray through some of the gaps in the seems. OH well. Hindsight.

Now I just will have a peely stand - it will match the old house ;)

Just close the door on the stand and call it a day.

Okay.. for your own safety please wear gloves, steel toed shoes, a hard hat, a bulletproof vest, a welding mask, etc.

:lol:

I have been known to not respect the power of power tools :) I do things quick which doesn't always have a good result. Except saws. I give those the respect they deserve. I watched someone cut their thumb off using a table saw once. That'll make you be careful.

Well, you officially passed me up!

Well, you're doing it the right way - slow and steady. I keep hearing nothing good happens fast in reefing :)

Well, you're doing it the right way - slow and steady. I keep hearing nothing good happens fast in reefing :)

That's the most overused, crock of shit, fortune cookie reefing statement ever......I'm just lazy. :^ )

That's the most overused, crock of shit, fortune cookie reefing statement ever......I'm just lazy. :^ )

You're not supposed to admit that, Jack! I was giving you an out ;)

(consider the source of that statement - the one who bought 7 RFAs before the plumbing was even done :lol: )

Ok, got most of everything from the 12 moved over minus the rocks and whatever is on them. And the RFAs. Those two things will get moved tomorrow.

tYEY9Wi.jpg

Looks good and hopefully the paint does not peel off and fall into the sump :blink:

oh boy. Didn't think of that :(

it only peels when i hit it with something.

Well might be worth it now to deal with it before something happens......It would suck to have an issue later on down the road and have something as little as a paint chip take out your corals.......

Shut down the tank and drain the sump and take care of it now. I now years ago I would pull my sump sometimes just to clean it out. Was a PITA but worth it sometimes.

Well might be worth it now to deal with it before something happens......It would suck to have an issue later on down the road and have something as little as a paint chip take out your corals.......

Shut down the tank and drain the sump and take care of it now. I now years ago I would pull my sump sometimes just to clean it out. Was a PITA but worth it sometimes.

Unfortunately, I'd need to leave the sump not running for at least a day or two while the paint dried. I just moved in most of my corals, so I think I'll just take my chances and be careful. It's not falling off. It just scrapes easy.

Archived