ReefCleaners.org

Stella's Sixty-Six

ReefWeeds

So proud of you Mr Gray.

Hmmmmm

Hey! it works for me! :P;) no need for a sock holder, and I can still fit my skimmer, fuge, and return/heater section without it being too crammed. I'm not saying it is the most common thing out there, but it works great for me!

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still trying to figure out how you fit that with a filter sock into an overflow box.

you put that in your sump. Regular durso up top and the upside down durso in you sump. That's not the best example of it. A local guy made a you tube vid of how the upside down durso works in your sump. It was done years ago and I can't find it.

you put that in your sump. Regular durso up top and the upside down durso in you sump

Well butter my butt and call me biscuit!

However I'm still not getting it. How does it connect to the drain/bulkhead coming from the overflow box?

Best I could find. I will post the vid of the local guys set up once I find it

imgres-1_zpsxlgcpswu.jpg

Like I said not the best example of it. I was confused myself after looking at his pics.

Well butter my butt and call me biscuit!

However I'm still not getting it. How does it connect to the drain/bulkhead coming from the overflow box?

Can't wait for more pics

I'm confused at what you guys don't see?

Like sancho said, the picture I am showing is what's in my sump. The regular durso is up top. The long part you see In my pictures is equivalent of the piece you see capped above the water in sancho'spicture. Explain what you don't understand in my picture instead of saying it is not the best example. Then I can try and explain/provide you with more pictures. The drain from the bulkead plugs into that 90 degree elbow you see in my picture.

That makes sense. The long vent pipe threw me off. Stella this is really how to make your durso work quiet. Like I said earlier your 700 gph will equate to about 400 gph. You buy a smaller pump after head loss you might not get enough gph and you overflow will be playing catch up causing noise again.

That makes sense. The long vent pipe threw me off. Stella this is really how to make your durso work quiet. Like I said earlier your 700 gph will equate to about 400 gph. You buy a smaller pump after head loss you might not get enough gph and you overflow will be playing catch up causing noise again.

Ok good. Making me feel crazy sancho! It was so long because the return on the SCA pumps is so powerful. If I made it any shorter, water would spit out of the vent cap.,

Woah! Lots of info to digest! Thanks all!!! Reading now.

Ok good. Making me feel crazy sancho! It was so long because the return on the SCA pumps is so powerful. If I made it any shorter, water would spit out of the vent cap.,

You mean you're NOT crazy? Crazy is WAY more fun, Ryan :)

Well, I bought the sicce 2. I'm going to try both that and the stock pump. The stock pump is pretty quiet, but I'm a huge sicce fan and my plan was to eventually upgrade to a sicce anyway eventually. If it ends up not being enough flow, then I'll exchange it for the 3.

Oh, yes! Gertie's eye grew back. I'm so thankful about that.

I went and saw your videos and thought I saw her eye! that's awesome. She's quite the character.

Painting the inside of the stand = big fail :) The paint just doesn't adhere well to the coating or whatever it is called on the MDF. Already have areas peeling that I've knocked stuff into. Oh well :) The good news is my caulking job is holding firm. It's just going to look really weird in a few months - kind of like a spotted black and white cow.

Painting the inside of the stand = big fail :) The paint just doesn't adhere well to the coating or whatever it is called on the MDF. Already have areas peeling that I've knocked stuff into. Oh well :) The good news is my caulking job is holding firm. It's just going to look really weird in a few months - kind of like a spotted black and white cow.

Bummer, that stinks. Too much work to remove the sump, sand, and redo given the tank is already running?

Bummer, that stinks. Too much work to remove the sump, sand, and redo given the tank is already running?

yeah, way too much work.

Sand it a little first?

I did - apparently not nearly enough :) oh well.

It will be "artistic" in three months.

It's not too late if you have the energy for it. It's a bare system so it's now or never. Turn off the sump, then empty the sump in a brute.

Edit. Don't blame you. It's in there. Let it stay.

Yeah, not doing it :) I'll patch the peeling holes with caulk and go for a textured look :)

Oh Stella :(

Are you alright? It hasn't affected your ability to type so it can't be that bad right? Or are you typing with the toes? Speech to text? Franklin the typing dog?

franklin is typing for me :P

Actually, it's not bad. Just my thumb. Who needs a thumb anyway? :)

Did you prime it or just paint?

Did you prime it or just paint?

yeah, just paint. I had some behr that is supposed to be primer + paint in one. Didn't work so well :)

But it's ok. I'll touch it up if I am bothered enough. I like the brightness in the stand.

Archived