Top Shelf Aquatics

Stella's Sixty-Six

ReefWeeds

Stella, I see you have a new thread name (one that won't make us crazy trying to figure out whose thread we are in) and a new 'movie star' avatar!

:lol: Yes, I am very fancy and high maintenance after all. Why not have the avatar photo to match??? :)

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok peeps - need some advice - or really confirmation that my thought is correct. I'm going to change out 10-15 gallons of water in the new tank with old tank water from my existing systems. This is so there are some nitrates and phos in the water to help mirror current parameters as much as possible. All other parameters are the same (at least the ones I test) - temp, calcium, alk, magnesium. But my nitrates are 0 in the new tank and phos is reading 0. I don't want to shock inverts/corals. Is this a good idea or stupid - to change out newly mixed for old water?

Ok peeps - need some advice - or really confirmation that my thought is correct. I'm going to change out 10-15 gallons of water in the new tank with old tank water from my existing systems. This is so there are some nitrates and phos in the water to help mirror current parameters as much as possible. All other parameters are the same (at least the ones I test) - temp, calcium, alk, magnesium. But my nitrates are 0 in the new tank and phos is reading 0. I don't want to shock inverts/corals. Is this a good idea or stupid - to change out newly mixed for old water?

Your old tank doesn't have the AIDS....so, if everything else is matching....why not?

I'd try it.

A little birdie told my that if you want to raise nitrates and phosphates.... FEED FROZEN!!!! ;) ;)

Your old tank doesn't have the AIDS....so, if everything else is matching....why not?

I'd try it.

It doesn't have the AIDS - as far as I know ;) Ok, I'm doing it! I've decided NOT to move any of the sand bed though. pretty sure if I stir that shit up I might release some said AIDS - or worse.

A little birdie told my that if you want to raise nitrates and phosphates.... FEED FROZEN!!!! ;) ;)

:lol: Well, your tank has the biofilter to handle that :) Mine definitely does not yet. Still building it.

No, that was advice for you Harry.

Well, your tank has the biofilter to handle that :) Mine definitely does not yet. Still building it.

+1000000000

The water exchange will be perfectly fine. Do more in a day or so.

No, that was advice for you Harry.

+1000000000

The water exchange will be perfectly fine. Do more in a day or so.

Good idea. I think I'll do 5 gallons today and 5 tomorrow and then see where we're at.

righttirefire

I do a similar thing when i setup my qt tank. Use tank water and new water. Combat evaporation, and add 1 gallon of tank water to the the qt daily to raise the salinity slowly.

Different reason, but I believe in the practice of using "old" tank water

When I swapped tanks I used a not half old water and half new water

So while on a work call today, there was another Rachel on the call. My boss says "I'm going to call you Nice Rachel" to the other Rachel then says he'll refer to me as "Evil Rachel" :o

And he did. the entire call. I now have people emailing me calling me "Evil Rachel". This cannot be good!

So while on a work call today, there was another Rachel on the call. My boss says "I'm going to call you Nice Rachel" to the other Rachel then says he'll refer to me as "Evil Rachel" :o

And he did. the entire call. I now have people emailing me calling me "Evil Rachel". This cannot be good!

The truth finally comes out.

maybe your the ESS and your just delusional :lol:

I don't think you are 'evil Rachel', I think you are ' movie star Rachel'!

HAHA! LOVE it. Yes, I'm very star-like after all.

maybe your the ESS and your just delusional :lol:

LMAO! Sancho, that actually MIGHT be true!!!!!

nah. she's really evil ;) I just play evil on TV.

HAHA! I guess!!! Apparently people don't really like those that tell it like it is... including my boss ;)

Your not that evil if you've made it this far and life and just now discovering that lol

:(

;) It's ok! It's all fun. Until someone loses an eye. I don't think anyone has lost an eye yet!!! Stay away from the razors....

Your not that evil if you've made it this far and life and just now discovering that lol

:lol: YES, I like that line of thinking.

Archived