ReefCleaners.org

Steensj's Deep Blue 34 Shallow. Shutting Down Tank Due To Work...

Steensj2004

So, some guidance needed. One single 1" overflow with no emergency makes me mega nervous. Considering drilling another 3/4" next to overflow box and using the stock holes for two overflows.... that would give me a main 1" and a backup 3/4" emergency.....hmmmmmmmmmm. should I worry about a single overflow?

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone know how to quiet down a single 1" overflow? I get a pretty decent gurgle....

How do you have it set up now? Have you tried durso style or perhaps a gurgle buster?

Video you listed is private and cannot watch.

Fixed video!

How do you have it set up now? Have you tried durso style or perhaps a gurgle buster?

Video you listed is private and cannot watch.

Regular dorso...

That Diy stand is awesome, looking good so far, cant wait to see it all setup and running.

Thanks! Should be setup next Thursday, hopefully wet next weekend.

Trying to figure out how to silence the overflow Even though the exit is below the waterline in the sump, I get a trickle or a gurgle....

Thanks! Should be setup next Thursday, hopefully wet next weekend.

Trying to figure out how to silence the overflow Even though the exit is below the waterline in the sump, I get a trickle or a gurgle....

Dont put it too far below the water line, that usually makes it worse. Mines less than an inch below. If you put a filter sock on it ive noticed it helps reduce splashing sounds in the sump. If the drains making noise its just air trying to escape so maybe make the hole on the overflow larger. Not sure how you did your overflow didnt read it yet.

Dont put it too far below the water line, that usually makes it worse. Mines less than an inch below. If you put a filter sock on it ive noticed it helps reduce splashing sounds in the sump. If the drains making noise its just air trying to escape so maybe make the hole on the overflow larger. Not sure how you did your overflow didnt read it yet.

Regular dorso. The overflow sits maybe 1/2" below the water

is the sound coming from the sump area or the overflow itself

I think from the sump.....I will have to get water running through it again before I can tell.

Thinking about 2x 120mm fans mounted to the back wall of the stand to cycle air through stand to prevent humidity build up. Concerned with my electronics in the stand, any suggestions or input on this?

I think from the sump.....I will have to get water running through it again before I can tell.

Thinking about 2x 120mm fans mounted to the back wall of the stand to cycle air through stand to prevent humidity build up. Concerned with my electronics in the stand, any suggestions or input on this?

In the video the overflow sounded pretty quiet to me. In the sump it looked like you still had some bubbles working their way out which could be where the sound was coming from.

NorthGaHillbilly

Dorso are just going to be more noisy, if your up to it I would use the 3/4 as a drain as well and run a herbie and drill for a return. The 3/4" might just work as a main siphon and use the 1" as the secondary.

As far as your electronics go, I'll look at lunch, but you might could work in an electrical box on one side

I had considered runing the tank that way....would require a complete replumb.......ugh. lol

Dorso are just going to be more noisy, if your up to it I would use the 3/4 as a drain as well and run a herbie and drill for a return. The 3/4" might just work as a main siphon and use the 1" as the secondary.

As far as your electronics go, I'll look at lunch, but you might could work in an electrical box on one side

In the video the overflow sounded pretty quiet to me. In the sump it looked like you still had some bubbles working their way out which could be where the sound was coming from.

Thank, I considered some Owns Corning foam to insulate the inside, and with the acess panel on it would probably be pretty quiet...

Anyone wanna shoot out some fish suggestions? What I want I just can't have. I am normally a coral only guy, don't care much about fish.....but the fiance demands fish. No Clowns( not even designer) please. Looking for free swimming, active fish. I want a Copper Banded so bad I can't stand it, but that's a no-go. So many people have so many ideas on what fish can be in what size tank.....some people get roasted for having certain fish in tanks and others don't....lol. Anyway, good suggestions? Looking into some cool Wrasse, looking or something colorful and free swimming.....I want active!!! lol

I want a midas blenny, I've heard they're fun little fish full of personality. maybe think about one of those?

otherwise, maybe a little cherub angel, I had one in my 15 until it started nipping my clam (you don't have clams do you?). fun active little fish with a lot of personality. would do fine in a 34g imo.

I want a midas blenny, I've heard they're fun little fish full of personality. maybe think about one of those?

otherwise, maybe a little cherub angel, I had one in my 15 until it started nipping my clam (you don't have clams do you?). fun active little fish with a lot of personality. would do fine in a 34g imo.

I'll have to look into those! A Midas might be good too! Thanks!

Pigmy possum wrasse, I have a tanaka's and he is full of personality, always Cruz'n the tank. Warning may eat dwarf certh's and tiny snails, mine ate all mine. Still cool lil fish imo.

Still a bit concerned with the electronics inside the stand....should I be? If I add 2x 120mm Fans to exhaust and move air through the stand, do you think that would be good enough?

Pigmy possum wrasse, I have a tanaka's and he is full of personality, always Cruz'n the tank. Warning may eat dwarf certh's and tiny snails, mine ate all mine. Still cool lil fish imo.

Checking it out now! I want some anthias pretty badly, think that would be pushing it.....I have never been a fish guy, so I don't know much about keeping them...

Archived