Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

CoralVue T5/LED fixtures, $100

farkwar

And overkill is bad why?

:)

I say do it, at $120 shipped it's worth it.

Lol its bigger than my tank!

lol, honestly with the recent trend of everyone going back to T5s you might be hard pressed on find one for a good deal.

I would be all over this if i wasn't already loaded with light fixtures ranging of all sizes. lol

Yea you got a point there..

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol its bigger than my tank!

Yea you got a point there..

It's 6" bigger than my 20 long too. But I want to go to a 36" tank so I picked it up on the off chance that I do. After bulb's I'll have spent $200 for a fixture worth 2x that much.

Man this thing is made Nice. Unfortunately i must run to work. Gonna upload some pictures i got when i get a break. More pictures well be taken later tonight.

Halo,

Watch "ATI T5 Fluorescent Light Bulb Comparison Part I" on YouTube

ATI T5 Fluorescent Light Bulb Comparison Part I:

Watch "ATI T5 Fluorescent Light Bulb Comparison Part II:…" on YouTubeATI T5 Fluorescent Light Bulb Comparison Part II:…:

I LOVE that Blue+ and True Actinic. That is excellent. Would I be better served doing 2x True Actinic & 2x Blue+ or should I have a Coral+ in there as well?

I like 6 myself. 2 Blue Plus, 2 Purple Plus.

Going to trade one Purple plus for KZ Fiji.

And then Coral Plus and Actinic as 5th and 6th tubes, as Midday light.

Im a complete Tube Nube, this is kinda fun. Went from MH to LEDs, skipped tubes entirely.

You can mix and match colors very easily. Bought some tubes for terrarium too.

I'm not trying to be a bummer because it's a good looking light for the price but gawd dayum that's a lot of cords to find room for.

Price to pay for controllability.

I'd rather have a ton of cords and be able to have channels on timers, than have 1 cord for everything so it all comes on at once.

I know this is a stretch, I just love the way the ATI did their powermodule but I know I'm comparing apples to oranges on this one.

No I do agree, I was really considering one actually but then saw this and had to spring for it. The biggest thing I don't like about this is it doesn't come in matte white/pearly white.

I'm not trying to be a bummer because it's a good looking light for the price but gawd dayum that's a lot of cords to find room for.

Yeah that's the one thing I hate about it but that's because controllability isn't important to me.

Once I get the nano-box stuff on there... it's going to need its own DJ power switch. :o

Hanging kit

20141112_011938_zpscaroh5zr.jpg

20141112_011943_zpsa4llvg39.jpg

Mounting point

20141112_011947_zpsxwubcmhw.jpg

Junction box insides:

20141112_005504_zpspkgs32gb.jpg

Leds:

20141112_010622_zpss8mlczyw.jpg

20141112_010526_zpsyijlrwgb.jpg

Unsurprising diode choice. surprising mcpcb size though.

20141112_010534_zpssoprhjuj.jpg

Big optic

20141112_010629_zpsndsczvxl.jpg

20141112_005634_zpsadovejz7.jpg four ballasts, one led driver, one fan psu hiding in here. I think with a nice low voltage psu some of dmitrys drivers and his wireless controller would work best in here.

Archived