Innovative Marine Aquariums

2013 Nano Reef Gift Exchange :Secret Santa:

Lawnman

Is it travelling via horseback?

I think they shipped it to the east rather than south, it should be rounding Africa as we speak. Once it clears Asia, we'll be cooking.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rigged! :)

I pulled those names fair and square. I opted out of the gifts so no rigging there. If anyone is wondering about the prizes. I am giving everyone a number and will pm the list to Lalani before drawing. The vendors will pick a number between 1 and 37. I will start with the grand prize and work down. 1 prize per #

Shipped mine today! Also received mine from none other than Basser1 himself the other day, been really busy but finally, here it is!!!! Thanks so much dude :)

20131206_135431_zpsa2c1b5c1.jpg

WP_20131206_20_26_59_Pro_zps3577af0d.jpg

:lol: No Santa today. :(

They gave up after one attempt? Lame nappers.

Nothin like trollin the kidnappers to let know who's boss. Stay strong LM

BattleAthletics

I love elves. Like these.... :happy:

276abed7-7de9-4231-881e-4f4923e3c4c1_zps

Santa lawn has many tricks up his sleeves and elves in his pants. :huh:

DEAR LAWNMAN, THE ELVES ARE NOT IMPRESSED.

SINCERELY THE PANT ELVES COMMITTEE 2013

Shipped mine today! Also received mine from none other than Basser1 himself the other day, been really busy but finally, here it is!!!! Thanks so much dude :)

20131206_135431_zpsa2c1b5c1.jpg

WP_20131206_20_26_59_Pro_zps3577af0d.jpg

Nice! Sexy little tank you have there.

Glad you like the fan...... Nothin' like getting something you can really use!!!

BTW, I agree with Lawnman..... Nice looking tank!

Nice! Sexy little tank you have there.

Thanks! Thanks for putting together such an awesome holiday event!

Glad you like the fan...... Nothin' like getting something you can really use!!!

Thanks man!!! I'm super excited to get this tank wet!

Nice fan!!!! What brand is it? I need to replace a noisy fan in my sump.
jedimasterben

For that price, I would just buy a whole bunch of Yate-Loon D12SL-12 fans and a molex power supply, then hang them with a little wire above the sump. The Fans are $3.25 each, power is like $10, and if the fan fails or gets loud, throw it away and put in the next one. Most fans are only made to be run vertically, putting them in horizontally kills the bearings on them and is what makes them loud. But, since they're so damn cheap, it's not a problem to buy several and swap them out every other year or so.

FWIW, I've had four of those fans running horizontally on my computer almost 24/7 for around four or five years now (along with another seven that are vertical) and none of them have failed or had their bearings fail. I've run them over my refugium and algae scrubber heatsinks, as well, and they will be absolutely covered in salt spray and skimmate foam and still run with no problem. I've even run them fully submerged before to clean them (outside of the tank, though, dur lol).

For that price, I would just buy a whole bunch of Yate-Loon D12SL-12 fans and a molex power supply, then hang them with a little wire above the sump. The Fans are $3.25 each, power is like $10, and if the fan fails or gets loud, throw it away and put in the next one. Most fans are only made to be run vertically, putting them in horizontally kills the bearings on them and is what makes them loud. But, since they're so damn cheap, it's not a problem to buy several and swap them out every other year or so.

FWIW, I've had four of those fans running horizontally on my computer almost 24/7 for around four or five years now (along with another seven that are vertical) and none of them have failed or had their bearings fail. I've run them over my refugium and algae scrubber heatsinks, as well, and they will be absolutely covered in salt spray and skimmate foam and still run with no problem. I've even run them fully submerged before to clean them (outside of the tank, though, dur lol).

That does make a lot of sense, Ben. I'll have to look into these fans. Thanks for the idea!

Archived