Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

The Oasis: ADA BTA Build

kveekx

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Your gonna have to do something about that netting top.
Dont remind me... I want to get one of those new life nets from pico aquariums if I can get it custom made.. I just dont want to loose any fish..

Whoa, yours it up way higher than mine!
I adjusted light accordingly ;)
Drift Monkey

Dont remind me... I want to get one of those new life nets from pico aquariums if I can get it custom made.. I just dont want to loose any fish..

I adjusted light accordingly ;)

Haha I figured. How long did it take you to hang? I'm a perfectionist so it took me a couple of hours and a whole lot of cussing. :lol:

Haha I figured. How long did it take you to hang? I'm a perfectionist so it took me a couple of hours and a whole lot of cussing. :lol:

Id say a hour and a half!

Congrats on hanging the razor! Makes a world of difference. May I suggest having the cord to the side of the tank, that way when you look in, the sides are mirrored, eliminating the cord viewable when looking in the tank :D Give it a shot ;)

I love the acrylic top from PicO. I really hate tops, but this one just cannot be hated on! It even helps a bit with evaporation!

Congrats on hanging the razor! Makes a world of difference. May I suggest having the cord to the side of the tank, that way when you look in, the sides are mirrored, eliminating the cord viewable when looking in the tank :D Give it a shot ;)

I love the acrylic top from PicO. I really hate tops, but this one just cannot be hated on! It even helps a bit with evaporation!

The cort is zip tied to the mames tubes so it is hid behind the tank!

Good to hear about the pico top too!

NOT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

Some of my zoas started closing about a day ago.. Upon closer expection today I realise I have zoa pox AGAIN!!! What does it take to kick this stuff!? This will be about my 5th furan treatment in the little over a year I have had a reef.. To say the least I'm pissed. If anyone has any other methods of treatment feel free to LMK... I am getting tired of this because I "cure" the pox and the zoas start growing again and after they grow for a month the pox strikes again. Really sucks since they are my favorite coral but they have been the ones that give me the toughest time.

Wish I had some words of wisdom. I can't keep zoas at all. They melt, grow then melt, get diseases, I'd like to get a few expensive ones like candy apple or rasta or hornets, but there's no point.

Wish I had some words of wisdom. I can't keep zoas at all. They melt, grow then melt, get diseases, I'd like to get a few expensive ones like candy apple or rasta or hornets, but there's no point.

That sucks.. CAR are still looking good while half of my other zoas are pissed! They grew 3 heads in 3 weeks for me!

Get rid of the zoas, and start obsessing over another type of coral :lol:

Seriously sorry to hear about that though :unsure:

Get rid of the zoas, and start obsessing over another type of coral :lol:

Seriously sorry to hear about that though :unsure:

Noting else is cool enough and worth enough to propogate for me to get a inferno bta :lol:

Here's my plan of attack.

Tonight(Day 1):

Get every single zoa or paly on my egg crate rack infected or not. Do 5 minute Coral RX dip on all of them in tank water.

Tomorrow(Day 2):

Change up my furan dip process. Before I used tank water and only dipped infected zoas. This time I am dipping all zoas and using fresh saltwater. The reason I am dipping all is because I think the ones that I didnt dip are still carrying the bacteria that causes the pox even if they arent showing symptoms. I will do a 20 min dip in 1 cup new SW and 1 packet furan.

Day 3:

Repeat

Day 4:

Repeat

Days 5-10:

Let zoas rest.

Day 11:

If they are still not 100% 1 last furan dip.

(Changed my mind) I will still keep most of my zoas but I will sell my least favorites(Micro Zoas) The main focus of the tank will continue to be BTAs with Zoas and Rics. I plan to just keep my favorite zoas and get more yumas.. And BTAs of course! I will be vitamin c doseing soon to help keep my zoas open and growing!

Did you try a freshwater dip on the zoas/palys? I fresh water dip all mine. Just get some RO water and submerge them for 2-3mins (make sure you have agitated them and their heads are closed though) and give them a shake around before you remove them to knock off any dead nasties. When they close up they don't draw in any additional water so they should be fine for a few mins.

Did you try a freshwater dip on the zoas/palys? I fresh water dip all mine. Just get some RO water and submerge them for 2-3mins (make sure you have agitated them and their heads are closed though) and give them a shake around before you remove them to knock off any dead nasties. When they close up they don't draw in any additional water so they should be fine for a few mins.
I think the furan dip worked just as well. And I would rather have an inferno anyways! :)

Decided to keep most of my zoas and palys. I think Im going to sell the ones that aren't my favorites and are touchy such as Fruit Loops and Paradise. Here's a picture of the nem I got a few weeks ago. Picture doesn't show it too well because I have to ramp up the whites pretty so I don't get blue blotches in the picture but, in person it looks like a BLUE BTA! Never seen anything like it and Im super happy I bought it!

6b29351a-0e86-4f1f-93e2-47154756e4da_zps

Decided to go through with the FW Dip. Seems productive and everything seems happy except the Paradise. I ordered some Brightwall Vitamin C tonight. I hope that can get the paradise to open and help other stuff grow faster!

Archived