Hexadron

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
chippwalters

Okay just so everyone knows what I got:

Ecotech Battery Backup

Ecotech VorTech mp10w ES

Ecotech VorTech RF Module (to make my existing mp10 ES to the wireless model)

ELOS Osmocontroller Digital

I have the dual MP10s in my smallish ADA and they worked really well in nutrient transport mode. You might check that out. Though, even at very low power, they were a bit too much for my little tank and I removed one after 3 months or so. Now I have a backup.

Hey, did you do your sig logo in Pshop? It's nice. Or did you use a 3d program to render it?

And dude, any chance of a FTS? That's the money shot.

I am going to get something local for my next coral purchase, but as of late haven't seen anything that I want. i haven't been to Red Coral yet, as it's on the North East side of the city (I am more South West) and takes about 45 minutes to get there. Their shipments always look amazing though.

I'll have to make a trip soon!

45 minutes? blah blah. My local frag guy is 40 minutes away and my big pet shop is 70 minutes away... But that place is also a whopping 110,000 square foot store! I'm a member of my local reef club - Delaware valley reef club, do you have anything like that up your way? Lot's of people very generous willing to help other club members out sharing ideas, frags, etc. Not to mention a discount at all my pet shops too.

Well the hermit was only $1.50 so not a loss financially :lol: Still sad though. They are a bit mindless and although little characters, not sure if I'll be replacing any/getting any more. The two I have left do a good job of scavenging though.

Damn, Things are expensive in Canada! I never pay more then $0.99 for any hermits and the little blue legs are usually $0.69. And that's locally, not online bulk prices..

I have the dual MP10s in my smallish ADA and they worked really well in nutrient transport mode. You might check that out. Though, even at very low power, they were a bit too much for my little tank and I removed one after 3 months or so. Now I have a backup.

Hey, did you do your sig logo in Pshop? It's nice. Or did you use a 3d program to render it?

And dude, any chance of a FTS? That's the money shot.

Well the longer i have the mp10, the higher I turn it up :P Even at 50% I feel it isn't pushing it at all.

Yup, I pretty much only use Photoshop, and occasionally Lightroom for Photos. FTS? Well when I get my new lens attachments, I will be sure to post a slew of pics!

45 minutes? blah blah. My local frag guy is 40 minutes away and my big pet shop is 70 minutes away... But that place is also a whopping 110,000 square foot store! I'm a member of my local reef club - Delaware valley reef club, do you have anything like that up your way? Lot's of people very generous willing to help other club members out sharing ideas, frags, etc. Not to mention a discount at all my pet shops too.

Damn, Things are expensive in Canada! I never pay more then $0.99 for any hermits and the little blue legs are usually $0.69. And that's locally, not online bulk prices..

Bummer for you. I live in the capital city of my province, and 45 minutes is a long drive! That's not always including traffic mind you. I'm not lucky enough to have such a large store here though. I would gladly travel longer for super0quality items. I have yet to meet up with any 'club' but sure will someday.

Well that's not a huge price difference really. I'm sure I could get them cheaper at Big Al's but rather give my business to a quality LFS. 50 cents is nothing...

Nice shots Jordon, sorry to hear about the frags..... just keep swimming swimming swimming :D

Thanks Bello! Yeah, looking ahead now :D

Awesome pictures!

MOTHER ####ING SON OF A BITCH!

Well here's my curse again... So I received my order for my Battery Backup, and was super excited unit I opened the box. Turns out the box was opened and no manual, no power supply, and no cables. The manufacture date is also from 2011 :angry:

I contacted the shipper, and they stated that it comes from their distributor and they have no control. Well I sure as hell didn't pay for refurbished, and expected ALL of the cables, I mean, COME ON!

I don't know if I should be concerned about the manufacturer date. What do you guys think? I am okay with them shipping me the cables, but i'm not sure if a 2011 battery is a big deal or not.

/me thinks it was sitting in a warehouse, and they just shipped it to me without ordering a new shipment.

I'm a little bit pissed.

It is a big deal. I would return the entire unit for a full refund and purchase elsewhere.

+1 It's a battery and every charge depleats how long it will last if the power goes out. Definitely demand a refund or another one!

It is a big deal. I would return the entire unit for a full refund and purchase elsewhere.

+1 It's a battery and every charge depleats how long it will last if the power goes out. Definitely demand a refund or another one!

I figured as much. I know batteries don't last forever, but it's not like it was MFG late 2012 or anything... I just sent them an email as well.

Hello,

I recently phoned your evening phone line to get some assistance. I have just received a shipment for an Ecotech Marine Battery Backup (Ecotech Marine Vortech Battery Backup) but it turns out the unit looks to be used/refurbished and has a manufacturer date from back in 2011. The box was previously opened and looks quite old, as well. It is missing a power supply cable, manual, warranty as well as the connection cables to connect to the Vortech pumps. No invoice was included in my order either.

I was told that shipments come directly from the distributor, but regardless of that fact, this has been unacceptable. I did not pay for a used or refurbished model, and the fact that it doesn't have any of the parts besides the battery is nonsense.

I would either like a replacement package of a NEW Ecotech Marine Battery Backup (Ecotech Marine Vortech Battery Backup) with all supplied cables in the original packaging as I paid for

OR

A complete refund.

Thank You.

Yeah I'd be pissed too, yeah mistakes happen but c'mon even the box was thrashed. I hope they fix this for you without any hassle.

Horrible luck mate, I'd be irate.

Yeah I'd be pissed too, yeah mistakes happen but c'mon even the box was thrashed. I hope they fix this for you without any hassle.

Ugh, I really do have bad luck. For every one good thing that happens to me, at least 2 things go horribly wrong <_< I tried to be appropriate in the e-mail while still being firm - I find if you aren't one to be walked over, you'll get results - while not being a total prick though :lol:

I wonder what type of battery they use for those...

Hmmm, No clue really, but any battery just sitting in a warehouse for two years can't be good.

Jordon,

If the battery backup came from the distributor there will be a invoice from the distributor, not the LFS, is there?

Why you didn't order the battery backup from J&L ?

The distributor for Ecotech Marine is Aqua Digital

Christine

Jordon,

If the battery backup came from the distributor there will be a invoice from the distributor, not the LFS, is there?

Why you didn't order the battery backup from J&L ?

The distributor for Ecotech Marine is Aqua Digital

Christine

Because I got it for $165 :D There are two places I shop that I can get it for that (new). J&L is severely overcharging there. There was no invoice at all - which was really strange. It's just a mess. Hopefully i get it sorted out before the week ends.

Can't beat Lightroom. FTW

I really love the controls for noise reduction. Can't be beat!

Because I got it for $165 :D There are two places I shop that I can get it for that (new). J&L is severely overcharging there. There was no invoice at all - which was really strange. It's just a mess. Hopefully i get it sorted out before the week ends.

Call Jeff at J&L, he will match any price, it's J&L policy!

Spirofucci

Man...what troubles! :(

I order all my hardgoods from Stevie......I'm not sure if it costs more for shipping to Canada for him or not, but he's the best. Besides you gotta get yourself in the GFY club!

I can't wait for you to finally get some good stuffs in there.......cause the pics are gonna be awesome!

Thanks :) I can't wait to get some of the camera gear so I can take more photos. I know that's what everyone wants lol. :ninja:

I ordered from Stevie three times and i'm still not in the club <_< With shipping, especially on heavy items like the battery, it just isn't worth it if you are outside of the US. Everything I order in Canada is usually free shipping, so that really helps with our already marked up prices.

Let's see how this place deals with the issue. It will decide whether or not I shop their anymore to be honest.

In the future... Call Jeff :)

"If you find a lower price somewhere else on any identical dry good we will gladly match that price! J&L Aquatics is an owner hands-on operated business that other stores & businesses try to copy. Remember who the innovators are!"

Archived