SaltCritters.com

g6gang

Crocea Clam in 30g with T5 - This is my first clam originally had him down at bottom but moved him bnow on rock about 6 inches from top of water. The problem is when I do water change (once a week) the water level drops to just barely above him. He ends up spitting about 2-3 times while I am doing the water change (take me about 15 mins to vac out everything I want to). The question is, do you think this is too much stress for him every week. I do not want to move him since I read not too after he attaches and I can't move the rock.

Yea I'm in the same boat new corce clam as well ;). I can only do 1.5 gallon changes cause how high I have him in the tank. Only a little of his mantle sticks out. From doing a little more research, corcea are found at the natural placement is at the top of the reef. So I wonder, in the wild when there's low tide? Maybe some one can chime in as well!? But I feel, in the wild they probably get exposed to air sometime. I'm tagging on this as well :)

would u have to burp the clam??? seems like u should if it out of the water... but u can t if it s attached... ???

Naaa...impossible. If you dont have a sump then you should keep your clams a little deeper in the tank. BUT BUT BUT if it is attached nicely to a rock that you just dont want to move - then let her ride, she will be fine.

Archived