Innovative Marine Aquariums

Lani's 10gal.

Lalani

beware what you ask for :P

I have green, neon green, and pink. I love star polyps! I really think I may be okay with them taking over my whole tank! :)

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Now that the cyano is gone and the water is clean... the evil pink fluffy algae has reappeared... :rant:

Put a couple of turbos in the tank and watched one munching on it, so they should help out. Sigh.

http://s695.photobucket.com/user/Lalani7/media/10gal/IMG_6271_zpsd2623984.jpg.html'>IMG_6271_zpsd2623984.jpg

http://s695.photobucket.com/user/Lalani7/media/10gal/IMG_6284_zps73138fd4.jpg.html'>IMG_6284_zps73138fd4.jpg

On a positive note, however, I happened to be looking behind the gsp mountain and discovered that I still have pseudocorynactis nems! 4 at the last count. :happy:

http://s695.photobucket.com/user/Lalani7/media/10gal/IMG_6274_zps67067fdb.jpg.html'>IMG_6274_zps67067fdb.jpg

http://s695.photobucket.com/user/Lalani7/media/10gal/IMG_6373_zps25130ad2.jpg.html'>IMG_6373_zps25130ad2.jpg

Oh, and the clowns are now taking flake from the hand:

http://s695.photobucket.com/user/Lalani7/media/10gal/IMG_6203_zps0ca9e41c.jpg.html'>IMG_6203_zps0ca9e41c.jpg

http://s695.photobucket.com/user/Lalani7/media/10gal/IMG_6205_zpse97fb2cb.jpg.html'>IMG_6205_zpse97fb2cb.jpg

Looks great, Lani!!!! I have that same evil pink fluffy algae...I hate it. At least it's a nice color..that's the only thing going for it. :lol:

What kind of turbos did you get? I may look into those for my tank.

Thanks, chika!

You have it too, huh? So you feel my pain. :(

Mexican turbos seem to be the only things that will eat it, so go get you a few small ones!

Nano sapiens

I had this pink stuff on a frag plug a while back and I thought it was rather attractive. Luckily, I read a post around the same time about how it could take spread like wildfire, so I ditched the plug and it never took hold.

Hope the snails get it under control, at least.

I'll trade you my cyano for your pink fluffy thing... winkyface

:o You scoundrel! :lol:

I had this pink stuff on a frag plug a while back and I thought it was rather attractive. Luckily, I read a post around the same time about how it could take spread like wildfire, so I ditched the plug and it never took hold.

Hope the snails get it under control, at least.

Good thinking! I believe mine came in on a frag plug, but I had no idea what would happen letting it stay. :(

Just saw this, beautiful tank and pictures!

Tank's looking great!

Thanks!

IS the actinia nem still alive?

I have no idea. Once I set up this tank it started creeping towards the back of the tank and disappeared. It may still be alive, just hiding behind the rocks. :/

beautiful tank and pictures!

this actually gave me a kick in the rear to finally get my 10gal build started... waiting for the paint to dry :D

if i may ask, what are you running in your ac70?

beautiful tank and pictures!

this actually gave me a kick in the rear to finally get my 10gal build started... waiting for the paint to dry :D

if i may ask, what are you running in your ac70?

Glad to hear it! Let me know when you start a build thread. :)

Currently there is nothing in the ac70 except for the heater. I had some chaeto growing in there but last month the impeller jammed and the heater ended up cooking the chaeto (gag). I have an aversion to using chemical filtration and only once in a blue moon I'll put some filter floss to catch any gunk while I'm cleaning.

gulfsurfer101

Oooooooh, aaaaaaaahhhhhhhh! Yep that about sums it up for me! Your clowns are so spoiled, I hope to have the same luck with mine.

Now that the cyano is gone and the water is clean... the evil pink fluffy algae has reappeared... :rant:

Put a couple of turbos in the tank and watched one munching on it, so they should help out. Sigh.

IMG_6271_zpsd2623984.jpg

Those GSP is getting out of control. How did you get rid of your cyano?

Tank is sexy as ever chicka! you are the GSP queen :P

:flower:

Oooooooh, aaaaaaaahhhhhhhh! Yep that about sums it up for me! Your clowns are so spoiled, I hope to have the same luck with mine.

Thanks man! And the clowns came right up the first time I tried it. They were a little tentative at first, but after a few times they are practically jumping out of the water when I get near!

i kinda like the pink algae... lol

I'll send you some, free of charge. :owned:

Awesome looking tank.

Thanks!

Those GSP is getting out of control. How did you get rid of your cyano?

Chemiclean. Believe me, I didn't want to resort to it, but I tried just about everything else.

How much for shipping to PA for purple star polyps? I just keep coming back to stare at them!

You really want to risk your tank catching the evil pink fluffy algae? I can't guarantee that there won't be any spores or hairs hitching a ride on a piece I send you. :/

I know I am repeating myself but this tank is so pretty. One of the best.

Thank you. :flower:

Do you know what the evil pink algae is? It's pretty :P

Guessing its evil because it smothers corals?

I've seen it referred to as "red cottonball algae" but I don't know the scientific name for it. Even John Maloney didn't know last time I asked him!

The corals don't seem to be bothered by it too much, but it does lodge itself anywhere and everywhere. There is some in gsp, zoas, mushrooms.. all over the walls, it clogs the koralia nano within days of cleaning it, grows on the hob outflow.... it just gets everywhere and thrives in clean water. :(

Archived