Coral Vue Hydros

wtb mini carpet anemone

adinsxq

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

too bad i didn't know you were waiting. just had two friends drive up to the bay. one specifically to campbell. yeah, working multiple jobs and studying causes major lagage.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Oh my god...$200 for an S. tapetum?! LOL

Makes the $5/each I payed back home (THE guy who first got these little fellas as hitchkikers was a member of our local reef society back in NY....his tank was lousy with them...) seem like a steal...maybe I should email old Gary and see if he can ship me a few out to the west coast.

:)

Cheers,

Fred

• 3 weeks later...

I just bought a small carpet anem. They called it a mushroom, but it looks like they didnt know exactly.

It expands 7-8 inches as times & it looks like it wants to split sometimes.

72015984.jpg

Mini carpets are small, definitely not 7-8 inches. You might have another type of coral. Does yours grab hold of things like duct tape and eats large food chunks?

Stephen-in-Va
Holy crap.

67 bucks? ..for one?

There were a few of them I was watching on ebay that went for nearly the same price. I believe they all went for over 40 and the one for 67 was the highest. If you had enough of these things you'd have a gold mine.

Nope, mine is not sticky. I tried feeding it a few min ago for the 1st time. I had a green carpet before & that was sticky as hell.

I wonder what I have then?

I just bought a small carpet anem. They called it a mushroom, but it looks like they didnt know exactly.

It expands 7-8 inches as times & it looks like it wants to split sometimes.

72015984.jpg

hairy mushroom aka rhodactis

Oh my god...$200 for an S. tapetum?! LOL

Makes the $5/each I payed back home (THE guy who first got these little fellas as hitchkikers was a member of our local reef society back in NY....his tank was lousy with them...) seem like a steal...maybe I should email old Gary and see if he can ship me a few out to the west coast.

:)

Cheers,

Fred

I smell a group buy in this some where.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

So these are basically the ones you can come and scrape out of my tank if you'd like. It is a mini carpet, right??

mini_carpet2.jpg

Phixion- How many of those do you have and do you have any pics of it in your tank?

~B

I have like two or 3 of them, no pics of them in the tank as of right now though...

Well maybe one pic from in my old AP12...

weird_shroom.jpg

• 3 months later...

Archived