ReefCleaners.org

ebin's prop lagoon

ebin

the thermos ebin sent me had a little coupon for a free thermos if you send in 2 jello proof of purchases....

i thought, "COOL!!"

then read the fine print. OFFER EXPIRED 1967

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the thermos ebin sent me had a little coupon for a free thermos if you send in 2 jello proof of purchases....

i thought, "COOL!!"

then read the fine print. OFFER EXPIRED 1967

like that huh.

well I just got my salt, plumbing parts, and 30 gallons of r/o. gonna hopefully get the plumbing tackled today! water will go in this sunday when i am off to watch for leaks! will post pics later.

Pretty much got it plumbed out. need to run the skimmer return to over the media holder, leak test the sump, leak test the tank fit the lid of the sump better, and it is almost finished. I kept it really simple the skimmer barely clears the overflow pipe. I need to trim the return line down still, note how little head loss there will be the tube is 3/4 inch, 2 1/2 feet long with one 90 degree turn. this should work out great.

from the back

25jl5zp.jpg

left

25jlb2t.jpg

center

25jlbpl.jpg

right

25jlc87.jpg

slowly I think i am catching onto this reefing thing.

well got it finished just needs to cycle now.

replaced the mag 24 pump that woulden't work with a mag 36 and I could not be happier.

260ua08.jpg

really ties the room together.

260uctj.jpg

Tank Length = 48 inches

Tank Width = 24 inches

Tank Height = 12 inches

hmmm smaller than I thought.

no wonder i had so much salt left over after filling the tank.

Well the tank has been running about 20 hours still going strong no leaks!

need to get the rest of the overflows compleated as the stand pipes alone are a bit on the noisey side.

thanks izzue

the rock i put into the tank was on my buddy's porch for a while I rinsed it real good with the hose before I put it in the tank bt a few minutes after i got it in the tank pincer bugs (earwigs) began to come out there was a bunch....long story short my skimmer is skimming out pieces of these bugs.

who neds the shrimp cycle i am doing the insect cycle! ;)

u sure you don't want T5s instead of PCs there? ;)

sweet set up!

thx EZ

t-5's are too unreliable, always going out, ballast burning out...at least from what I have seen first hand. plus the prop of sps will be done in a seprate tank I haven't even mentioned.

the pc's and amount I got over this will be more than enough for lps, and the softies.

260 watts over a 12 inch deep 44 gallon tank.

xoxo

What's up Zac, looks like you got too much time on your hands. But then again, extra time = extra nice looking setups.

Kenny,

Ha no way I have been running like a maniac to get this thing running, being DAD, my work, social life, and trying to catch a few z's in between.

but you know that from your family.

say hello to the wife and little ones for me.

Love this brain really opens up when hungry.

2zg6j9w.jpg

Also put in a purple fire fish, breeding pair of clowns, several cleaner shrimp, and several sunburst anthias.

• 4 weeks later...

this tank has been killing me with pump trouble. the mag36 i put on for the return had great flow but heated up my water.

I finally went and got 2 seio 1100 and mounted them in the corners. I took down my 20 gallon and used the quiet one pump as the new return pump.

still got some aquascaping to do.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
where's ebin?

Ha ha ha

I have been super busy with work, my daughter, the new little lady and my general day to day.

My tank is still going however it is a bit empty as far as stock. I helped break down a guys tank and got some rock for it...however it was infested with huge nudi's that destroyed my zoo colonys, like almost all of them. I had to just about start at square one. been not too much going on so no posting on the boards. i will stop by time to time, but no posts. I am gonna get back into things soon the tank has been good, lost of stuff hopefully will be getting done with it shortly. I will keep you guys informed. I should have my zoos grown out for some trades and such by the time the weather permits shipping safely.

xoxo ;)

Archived