ReefCleaners.org

Project S.M.M.O.A.T.G.

zachxlutz

hitmanx, i have you on "ignore" so your posts on my thread are worthless.

Please refrain from littering my thread with your useless gab.

thanks.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hitmanx, i have you on "ignore" so your posts on my thread are worthless.

Please refrain from littering my thread with your useless gab.

thanks.

AMEN.

AMEN.

Wow... you people are juvenile...

Your a credit to the hobby! And to the planet... can I have your aquarium when you get in a car accident while driving drunk? It's the least you could do after killing that young family in the sedan after smashing into it with your SUV... think of the children!

bdare, I'm uncertain as to why you are sticking up for this wacko... have you read his comment on this forum thus far? Or even what he has said to others in this thread?

I do thank you for bringing me into to all of this... it's fun to 'hang' with the common folk sometimes... learning experience and all...

Useless? Maybe so, but at least I'm not dumb enough to try things the hard way when there are so many pioneers willing to help. It's your money... your time... you are the one that has to live with the fact that you are playing with the lives of real beings. B)

Like I said earlier and what someone else reiterated, your water source may be what's causing your hair algae bloom.

You said you use distilled which is devoid of some useful minerals and often has others you don't want. I know that you will say that distilled is pure, but you will find that it may in fact have dissolved solids and metal ions in it, usually leeched in from the distillation process.

I guess it comes down to where you get your distilled water from. Maybe wal-mart water sucks just like them. B)

Deleted User 7

Hey hitmanx,

I'm sorry if it seemed like I was attacking you. It's just that I know how tough it is to start out in this hobby and how easy it is to just give up with it and take short cuts. The problem is that on these forums, the "experts" tend to give advice to the "newbs" in a way that seems rather pompus and can be interpreted as "You don't know what you are doing, get rid of your tank and find a new hobby." when all that "newb" needs is some nice, concise, and overall welcoming help. Im am so glad to hear that there are more people getting into this hobby as a means of conservation and not as mearly and ornament composed of disposable lives. However, I do believe that when you come across someone who is destroying those lives (i've been one of them in the past too!) that instead of driving them away with harsh comments and condicending tones it is important to make sure they give you thier attention so you can properly educate. I think that it would all together be more beneficial to hobby, global reefs, and these real beings.

Thank you, and once again, I appologize.

-Eben

Thank you, and once again, I appologize.

-Eben

I must apologize as well. I guess it's easy for me to be condescending when people like zach just get on my nerves with impatience and disregard for life for personal entertainment.

I only want to help. I like to share to help this world be a better place for everyone and everything. It's too bad that he is now ignoring me... B)

hitmanx, please stop posting in this thread.

You are really starting to get on my last nerve. It is one thing to come on here and provide useful information but another thing to bash me saying that i have "disregard for life for personal entertainment." I am very conscious of the life in my tank and take as much care and consideration in keeping my tank healthy as possible.

Please, for the love of God, GO AWAY.

Hitmanx if you haven't even started an aquarium then stop typing your criticisms.

EVERYONE loses something.

and for you to act like you've carried on something before is entirely hypocritical. when you get as far as zach without losing anything come talk to him.

Hitmanx if you haven't even started an aquarium then stop typing your criticisms.

and for you to act like you've carried on something before is entirely hypocritical. when you get as far as zach without losing anything come talk to him.

Thanks. I appreciate your support.

If I was still in Athens i'd help you out with your frags.

If you still have your tank going around Christmas or during the summer i'll frag you some of my corals.

Parents are divorced :P

I am very conscious of the life in my tank and take as much care and consideration in keeping my tank healthy as possible.

Zach,

You have the audacity to insult others in this forum (not talking about my self) and then take my criticism as insults and bash me. I'm trying to help you, and others reevaluate the importance of holistic approach to this hobby.

What part of "throwing stuff in and hoping for the best" equates to "much care and consideration"? (ie. sea hare, sixline,

Please take care... thats all I ask. If you don't listen, thats your fault. Maybe others will take on this hobby with more courage if they think about it in this way. At least thats what I can hope for.

I am only reacting to your behaviour on this forum, nothing more. B)

Hitman,

Just take a hint and walk away brother. Whatever "help" you are trying to provide obviously isn't being taken well. I'm sure there are others in these forums who want your help, but it's not Zach. Like the man said... just GO AWAY.

I'm sure you'll have to get the last word in so go ahead and rant...

Of course everyone loses something... we are trying to play god here with very complicated stuff.

Lets just try to reduce the loses by being more mindful of everything that we need to do to make a successful and stable ecosystem (albeit in tiny form).

Has anyone ever heard of prevention? I think that is the single most forgotten tool in everyday life! It should be used in tanks too. If we find out why we are getting an algae infestation and prevent that from happening, then we obviously don't need to find something to get rid of it, like sea hares...

I know that starting a tank up is going to be hard. Thats the best thing I've learned from these forums. But I am going to take that knowledge and succeed! But I'm going to do it slowly, patiently and holistically.

Wish me luck! B)

http://www.miniaturereef.com/Deep%20Sand%20Beds.htm

read up. but basically the bad stuff is down usually towards the bottom of the DSB so stirring up of the toxins is usually never achieved. and can be stopped with a little syphoning of the top every water change or so!! :mellow:

that is a confirmed statment....i tested it in my tank, took a big cup full out of my 3 month old 5'' deep sand bed and its smelled like unholy ........... i found this out while in the break down.....

the best level has to be 2-3''....b/c thats where all the bubbles in the sand were close to the surface, and all the worms made their tunnels ...

anything deeper than 4'' turns into death.....i can mail you a sample if you dont believe me....

it made my girl vomit......

the sand smelled strong like sulfur...which is a byproduct of decomposition.....

well this has become the thread to f*cking be at!

so how about back on task, did you get those snails? I only have 2 snails in my 10g, one is an astrea and one is a turbo, and its quite clean in there, got 5 hermits as well, blue leg 3 red legs and a zebra, need some nass snails tho....

my astrea never stops on the algae, cant really find any left now, he goes anywhere in the tank and just eats constantly, hes even got a featherduster in his shell that caught on and picks up the leftovers, and the turbo keeps the glass spiffy, so i think theyll do good in the tank, if they dont work I dont know what will, people say emerald crab but then they say they suck so who knows on them...

is this the tank you plan on moving soon? what kind of light is on this one again?

..and about the above statements on his sand i think someone said that to him a ways back and hes got a ton of nass snails and a shallower sand bed, if you find you have too mamy nass snails......you know who to sell them to

UPDATE:

I just did a 2 gallon water change and siphoned out a lot of the red hair algae. it is still a problem but I think if I siphon it out every time I do a water change, lower my amount of light, lower my feedings and switch to RO/DI water I think I'll be able to kick it's little red heiny. I checked me levels (pre-water change) and this is what I got:

Ammonia = 0.0 ppm

Nitrite = 0.0 ppm

Nitrate = 0 ppm (honestly, it isn't even the slightest bit raised)

PH = 8.4 (is this ok for having the lights on all day?)

I am going to pick up a calcium, alkalinity and phosphate test kit this week hopefully and should be able to check those levels then.

My two turbo snails do seem to be foraging well and might be helping with the red hair algae, although it is too early to tell. I found one of them in a tuft of the RHA earlier and I couldn't tell if it was just hanging out in it or actually consuming it.

I might post a FTS later, although I am kind of ###ed about this RHA and don't feel like flaunting it.

CGNano, I will most definitely still have a saltwater tank when around christmas and next summer. Well have to swap some frags.

did you get those snails?

is this the tank you plan on moving soon? what kind of light is on this one again?

Yep, I got two turbo snails. They seem to be cleaning pretty well.

Yes, this tank will be turning into a prop tank soon. My 33 long with 20 long sump awaits!

The light is the 80 watt orbit.

Zach,

I do like the look of your tank... i like the aquascape. I think the RHA gives it a nice colour, at least when it's siphoned...

i think the ro/di water will help that problem though... good luck! B)

Deleted User 7

I would have to agree! I would move those Green Star Polyps closer to or on a rock. Otherwise they have nowhere to go. You can always frag em' then! Make some money.

Archived