inTank Media Baskets

PPE and other rae Zoanthids and Paly's FS

Angelman23

So in case this guy doesnt paypal me my money back, how do i go about filing a claim and getting it back?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
addam4208283

i just purchased dragon eyes from Angelman23's a couple weeks ago and had a great first coral buying exp. with Ryan. i did not read all the posts to fully understand what’s going on since i am at work (plan to when i get home). i am sure that things just got out of hand. i know from exp. that sometimes when selling things online things can get kind of jumbled when you get a mass number of interest.

i hope things work out for everybody.

ADAM

So in case this guy doesnt paypal me my money back, how do i go about filing a claim and getting it back?

I've never found it easy to get a refund through paypal. When I have to use paypal, I ALWAYS make the purchase with a credit card. I hope you all did the same.

i just purchased dragon eyes from Angelman23's a couple weeks ago and had a great first coral buying exp. with Ryan. i did not read all the posts to fully understand what’s going on since i am at work (plan to when i get home). i am sure that things just got out of hand. i know from exp. that sometimes when selling things online things can get kind of jumbled when you get a mass number of interest.

i hope things work out for everybody.

ADAM

In short... the guy scammed the guy who sold him the frags... not something that got jumbled. He lied to the guy and told him the frag of PPE died in the mail and almost got a free replacement when the frag was in fact alive and well and being re-sold.

Personally I dont care if he wants to purchase something cheap from someone and re-sell it... but when he lie's and says it died to get a second frag to re-sell... thats EXTREEMLY LOW and where I find it discusting!

Personally I dont care if he wants to purchase something cheap from someone and re-sell it... but when he lie's and says it died to get a second frag to re-sell... thats EXTREEMLY LOW and where I find it discusting!

Can't agree more.

er1c_the_reefer

In PayPal, go to the resolution center. You can file the claim from there. Either that, or hopefully you can call up your credit card company if you paid by cc and ask them to stop payment. Probably be faster that way.

Apparently angelman's PM inbox is either full or disabled. I emailed him. I don't know if he'll respond, but if he doesn't before the end of this weekend, I'm doing what the others are doing and filing with paypal or calling me cc company.

Eric

Brooklyn Johnny

Yeah the roaches are coming out of the woodwork on this kid... I've been PMed by many people... he's been to virtually every online board selling with the same and different lies as is in thread... he brings stuff in under a wholesale license apparently, including live rock, corals, fish, clams... and pretends they're coming from a tank breakdown or some made up story as was the case here... he has different names everywhere and THESE ARE THE ONES WE KNOW ABOUT... I've been in touch with administrators on multiple boards regarding this and he's been banned from selling in the past on some and now after this incident from others like nano-reef... He's a busy kid doing all of this aside from scamming honest reefers out of money...

What I wonder is if the adult he's using the paypal account is aware of his fraudulent activities and illigel selling on hobbyist related boards... CAn you imagine having your 14 year old son pulling this with your bank account and credit card info?

Well, the cat's out of the bag and while he can change usernames he cannot change his location and address with Mommy and Daddy there in Pickerington... spread the word and be aware...

Copps

Wow, and to think the "lol!" I wanted to post when I first saw this post...actually fit. Watch out for any weirdo out selling expensive, trendy corals! Especially sucker-corals for $50 a POLYP!

Just...yeah.... Try filing with Paypal, but good luck. They rarely follow through...all he needs is a tracking number; weight, dimensions, shipping type, etc. don't matter to PP.

Very sad.

Two critical mistakes were made here though by those who purchased from this seller:

1. Never buy from someone you are not familiar with

2. Never buy from someone who has a majority of their posts in the classifieds forum (in other words, don't buy from people who are not active participants in our information community)

Best of luck to those of you who got screwed.

honestly, theres some guy in Picktown that sells out of his basement i thought it was him at first. he's not 14 though. :P

but.... selling as a hobbiest means he could ge stuff in wholesale, sell under a pseudo-business name and then sell on the side too. smash and grab. gotta love it.

The Propagator
honestly, theres some guy in Picktown that sells out of his basement i thought it was him at first. he's not 14 though. :P

but.... selling as a hobbiest means he could ge stuff in wholesale, sell under a pseudo-business name and then sell on the side too. smash and grab. gotta love it.

Six, do you mean Zepplin on Zoo's-r-us? He lives there and sells out of his garage ( www.edensgatecorals.com I think thats the adress?)

Yeah this little prick hit every board he found with a search engine looks like.

Too bad. Trust on these boards is hard enough to gain with out thing slike this hapening ya know.

Well i just opended a dispute with this guy, hopefully he will just paypal me my money back or i may have to make it a claim. I have all the pms between us, and him saying he would paypal me my money back, so paypal should side with me right?

scottfarcuz
Six, do you mean Zepplin on Zoo's-r-us? He lives there and sells out of his garage ( www.edensgatecorals.com I think thats the adress?)

Yeah this little prick hit every board he found with a search engine looks like.

Too bad. Trust on these boards is hard enough to gain with out thing slike this hapening ya know.

Just to eliminate any confusion. Tangey/angelman and Zeppelin are 2 VERY different people. They do both live in the same area, but I hate to see what is going on here spill over onto a good guy like Larry. He has nothing to do with what has happend in this thread!

I have bought from Zeppelin several times, and he has no agenda to rip anyone off. I would reccomend him to anyone in a second.

Pinner Reef

I just recieved a refund as well. I was quite suprised myself and rather happy to have it. While he never actually scammed me outside of saying the corals came from his tank. His scandalous nature throughout the internet results in my refusal to buy from him. I'm really glad Brooklyn Johnny brought this to our attention and thank him for doing so. That is all

-Pinner

Thats Scott. I appreciate the positive comments.

I live in Pickerington also, but have nothing to do with this kid. Besides being only 14, he has only been in the hobby about 6 months. I know this for a fact because his Dad brought him over once, and made the comment that Ryan was just getting interested in the saltwater hobby. I think seeing my setup put $$ in front of his face, and he thinks he can make the quick cash. I have heard he is also associating himself with our local club, CORA. He is NOT a member, nor has he come to any of our meetings.

Just though I'd pop in and verify that myself (Zeppelin) and www.edensgatecorals.com are in no way associated with this kid.

Sure I can go $50 shipped with USPS Priority with no gaurantee or $65 shipped for overnight with gaurantee. Let me know and I accept paypal also.
i just noticed this here and similar verbage is on the other thread linked by davidsreef.

if what's been stated here is true, he's committed fraud, which is obviously bad for the victims.

but if he's committed it using USPS...that's MAIL FRAUD. a federal offense. that's uber-bad.

for him.

they don't really care if it was for $1 or $10,000. they'll nail his @ss and crucify him.

if he's reading this, he'd better make good on every purchase/transaction very quickly. once a complaint is filed, he's screwed.

i've known mail inspectors to prosecute over magazines and periodicals (basically junk mail).

a wide-spread pattern of fraud? jesus, i think they're going be aroused. :o bye-bye, angelman. i wonder if you can have a nano-reef in a federal penitentary?

Andy Somnifac

It's sad to see something like this. It was even more surprising to see Angelman23 involved in it, as I've had a couple good dealings (I wonder how long the frags had really been in his tank...) with him...

I guess it's time to cross him off the list of trustworthy sellers....

"mail inspectors"? :huh:

dang, i was really tired when i typed that, i guess.

it's "postal inspectors". i have a couple of USPS facilities around the corner and i always see their mailman/cop cars driving around.

pathetic.

just kidding. :P

kidding about the "pathetic" mailman/cop comment, not about the "mail fraud" statements though. very bad, jobu.

The Propagator

I didnt mean to include you with this kid Larry sorry! LOL!!!

I thought posting your web adress would clarify it.

It shows you have a legitemate business ya know.

This kid obviously has no website, no morals, and no parenting.

BTW Larry "FF" on Zoos-R-us says HI! ;)

trialsrider

I did a Google search on Angelman23 and this came up:

"Men Seeking Men near 43512 Worldwide Gay Personals Home | Join Now ...Standard Member. angelman23 Slave looking for happy times! Ask me for a photo. 27 year old Man Looking for Men Living in Defiance, Ohio, United States ...

outpersonals.com/search/ p10441c&zip=43512&show=M-M - 220k - Supplemental Result -"

Archived