Innovative Marine Aquariums

PPE and other rae Zoanthids and Paly's FS

Angelman23

ReefApprentice,

So you are saying you can get a colony of 30 polyps of PPE for $40? If so please go out to your LFS and pick one up for me. I will pay shipping for it and the colony itself and also I will give you a nice tip for doing that. Seriously though can you do that for me please. The more PPE the better. Please let me know.

Thanks

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is ridiculous. I can find all those corals at my LFS for 40 bucks for a 30 polyp colony. They aren't victim of these "cool" names and how much they are worth. Good luck, but kind of silly to do a thing like this.

Would you please go to your LFS and buy me 30 polyps of PPE's for 40 bucks. You must have the greatest LFS on the planet.

This is ridiculous. I can find all those corals at my LFS for 40 bucks for a 30 polyp colony. They aren't victim of these "cool" names and how much they are worth. Good luck, but kind of silly to do a thing like this.

just because i don't want this to turn out like threads that i've had--

yes, you probably can find 'look-alikes' at your lfs but the fact is that we, as responsible reefers, pay for livestock that we know to be tank raised/propagated. we end up with healthier corals that are more inclined to do well in our tanks. finally, the 'cool' names are used so that we can understand what zoa something is talking about. there are hundreds upon hundreds of different morphs of zoas-- describing their color gets really effing old. :D

finally, if you want to get mad at someone for starting the 'named zoanthid craze' pm sk8todd (formerly B162NR)-- he's the one that started selling 'eagle eyes' and, as far as i know, started the naming craze. :D

I'm in Cali. myself and I had to have someone from Florida ship me a 2 polyp frag of PPE.

Reefapprentice,

If you can give me the name of the LFS I will drive wherever I have to go and buy those PPE's.

I'm not trying to flame or anything, I just honestly want to know; do you guys value this coral so much because of how it looks, or because of its name and "status" in the hobby? Honestly. I'm just curious, because I really don't think it looks any better than some nice $2/polyp zoas.

I'm not trying to flame or anything, I just honestly want to know; do you guys value this coral so much because of how it looks, or because of its name and "status" in the hobby? Honestly. I'm just curious, because I really don't think it looks any better than some nice $2/polyp zoas.

i think its cuz they're considered rare.

just give it some time, supply will go up, demand will go down, just like all things do. i'm sure eagle eyes used to be xx$ per polyp back in the days, and they are good looking zoas as well!

He is offering a fair price.

2 polyp frag goes for a minimum of $100+ on ebay.

It's going to be a while before they go down in price because they are such slow growers. Some people have report 4 polyp growth in over 4 month.

Some look-at-like are starting show up now on e-bay. If you don't want to pay the high price look for those but even those are going for $80 to $90 for a few polyps.

Edit: I have been following the PPE for about a year waiting for the price to drop. I'm still waiting. LOL

NEVER SATISFIED REFFER,

Sure I can go $50 shipped with USPS Priority with no gaurantee or $65 shipped for overnight with gaurantee. Let me know and I accept paypal also.

Thanks

coralgirl365

Yeah, I think a lot of the value comes from them being slower growing and I've heard of some people just having trouble even keeping them. also, i think protopalys go for a higher per polyp price than zoos anyway. all that combined with them being pretty neat looking.

Mikeaveli21
umm just an input , the real deal PPE have a yellow mouth, the ones in pic have green mouth

Ummm...nope they're green.

usps priority from columbus to cincy shouldnt take 2 days. if it does, use feded ground, it'll get there in one and cost ~$20.

though im wondering how someone from columbus got all these nice morphs... there's nothing around here but brown and grey zoas. :lol: i'd say he'd have to have gotten them from the source, :) .

free bump for the fellow ohian :)

Real PPE have green mouth not yellow mouth.

Just a update. This is whats going on right now

1 polyp- PPE- Sold

1 polyp-PPE- Pending ( awaiting payment)

Safecrackers- sold out

Have plenty of Radioactive dragon eyes left though.

Brooklyn Johnny
Aqua-man,

I bought these PPE from Blane himself. I waited awhile but finally got some. I will try to get a closer picture but not promising anything because my camera is bad and I am just not good at taking pics. They have been in my prop tank for about 2 weeks and I fragged them about 2 weeks ago. Sure I can send you a picture of the exact frag you will be recieving.

ezcompany,

Heres his website.

www.thesea.org

Thengo to the bottom and click on zoanthids and then you can read on the PPE and everything.

Let me knwo if you guys or anyone else has any questions

Wow Ryan (angelman23/tangey on Reef Central), this is unbelievable and the biggest scam and low thing someone can do in this hobby.

For those interested, I'm a long time member here at Nano Reef and my system was featured years ago... I know Chris Marks from the beginnings and I'm Copps on Reef Central. Anyway, the old timers here will vouch for my reputation and I have a good rep on RC too and my old system was featured in September of '04.

Anyway, the reason I bring this up is that Ryan bought these frags from me and I had them delivered on June 6 (I'll post the Fedex tracking number if need be). He bought the package for LESS than $3 a polyp and the PPEs for $35 a polyp. Less than one week later he lists them for sale here for $10 a polyp for the safecrackers. That is just a low thing to do, but the real scam is this...

RYAN (ANGELMAN23) WROTE THROUGH PERSONAL E-MAIL THE DAY AFTER ARRIVAL THAT HIS PPE WAS DEAD. THIS IS THE SAME PPE FRAG IN THE PICTURE OPENED AND PERFECTLY HEALTHY. I AM IN MY OFFICE RIGHT NOW WITH ANOTHER PPE FRAG READY TO SHIP TO HIM AT MY EXPENSE BECAUSE HIS "DIED AND WAS THROWN IN THE TRASH" THE DAY AFTER BEING RECIEVED. Little did I know it was sold here at a markup when he was getting another frag in the mail... maybe that's the "more polyps listed"?

I'll post pictures here of the frag pack sent to him and will be happy to provide the personal e-mails and Fedex information to Chris or another admin to starighten this out. Selling at a profit less than a week later is just bad taste, but scamming me is something else...

This is the lowest thing I've seen in 20 years in the hobby...

Needless to say Ryan, you won't get your replacement PPE frag tomorrow...

Here is my pic of the frag pack sent to him that arrived on June 6... You could see from his pics that the PPE, dragon eyes, and safecrackers are the same frags as from his pic...

I wonder how you'd feel if people said there frags were dead and then sold them on another site, and then asked for more free replacements?

You my friend have issues... One thing you said that isn't a lie is that the PPEs are from Blane Perun, yet you didn't "wait a while" or get the from "blane himself"... you got them from me last week... THIS IS NOT COOL...

pack.jpg

Fish276.jpg

Fish277.jpg

Hi,

Great looking frags! For information regarding becoming a sponsor, contact Christopher Marks, the administrator.

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=62654

Adin, I'm sending you a PM regarding this, and this is obviously not a "vendor" you want to deal with...

Brooklyn Johnny

It's a sad day... being a hobbyist who has shipped tons of frags for years, I've always taken people's words when their frags were DOA... now I'll have to be one of those "ask for proof" people...

Honest hobbyists suffering from guys like this... do the stand up thing and admit what you've done and offer refunds to those who ask... or maybe their frags will be DOA... :rolleyes:

Brooklyn Johnny
Busted. Thanks for straightening things out Copps.

Unbelievable... I'm looking through the exchange of e-mails and this thread and I cannot count the lies and deceptions... what a scammer... I'm literally sitting here at work with this box of a PPE frag ready to leave early to go to the airport Fedex for this guy and I'm an engineer paid by the hour... what a feeling...

Fess up Ryan... your PPE there is far from "melted away and thrown in the trash"... now I see why the thrown away was slipped in there... and the asking about my DOA policy... I've shipped frags for years as far as Alaska (which had no DOAs by the way) and have never dealt with this... again I can't post details but this was well thought out and clearly orchestrated...

Regarding those PMing me about PPEs, I sell in packs as the ones listed above and I DO NOT want to make this thread about my zoos... I sold the pack above for $275 shipped FEDEX PRIORITY OVERNIGHT (over $50)... so figure $225... Over 72 polyps of these rare morphs plus the two original Perun PPEs... again less than $3 a polyp... and not only is he marking them up over 300%, he's asking for replacements...

Anyway he's tangey on RC and I know Skipper there... I'll shoot him a PM...

How sad...

hey copps its me, ezcompany on NR and ezcompany on RC lol

thanks for clarifying this for everyone.

i wanted to say this when i saw this thread, that paying $50 on a single zoanthid polyp whack. i kept silent in respect of the seller, in which as of now is diminishing rapidly.

"don't worry, i'm a good guy", please redeem yourself angelman, if at all possible.

Brooklyn Johnny
hey copps its me, ezcompany on NR and ezcompany on RC lol

thanks for clarifying this for everyone.

i wanted to say this when i saw this thread, that paying $50 on a single zoanthid polyp whack. i kept silent in respect of the seller, in which as of now is diminishing rapidly.

"don't worry, i'm a good guy", please redeem yourself angelman, if at all possible.

Hey Jin (ezcompany) it's a small reef world and it's amazing how one bad apple could try to spoil the bunch.

I was suspicious by the very fact that I ship Fedex Priority Overnight and after years of shipping corals the few dead ones have been a result of planes being held up due to weather and these were SPS. These settled in zoos don't snap a wink at being put in a bag for less than 18 hours... Again I shipped a near $500 order a few years ago to rural Alaska full of sps including the original Superman (before all these wild ones came in) and it made it fine...

ONE MORE FUNNY THING... I shipped two small FREE digitatas to our buddy here and he complained because the frag was broken in two pieces (when it was two small pieces to start with)...

:rolleyes:

Archived