Pod Your Reef

Bring it back!

VermontReef

Sweevo - I had a plenum running on a 46gallon bow front for about 2years. It worked very well. The sand did not build up a lot of nastyness like i've noticed when not using a plenum.

I also used Garf.org as a guide to setting up the plenum. One thing I would recommend is that you leave the riser tube going from the sand bed to a powerhead in for at least 4 weeks. This is what really gets the plenum started.

I still have a plenum in my current tank so I haven't changed my opinion on using them. If the plenum is working, you will notice large bubbles rising from the sand if you poked it with a rod right down to the screen. You will notice these bubbles rise every now and then.

MJD- The Skimmer is a DIY that uses a Maxi-jet that has a modified bio-ball needlewheel in it. Works very well.

Mels95yj- Thanks for the comment. I am very happy with it so far. I haven't had the time lately to fully stock it with frags yet but I plan on it very soon. Only a few right now.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That's a good point. I was thinking about putting a fish in there.

Wonder what type of fish wouldn't mind all the eggcrate and not much live rock?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Oceanic 30g

I really like that tank. The frag tank is awesome. I may pick your brain about that later.

Nice work. Your tanks are among my favorites on this site!

That's a good point. I was thinking about putting a fish in there.

Wonder what type of fish wouldn't mind all the eggcrate and not much live rock?

DAMSELS.hoho.

BTW, your tank's really nice!

• 4 weeks later...
VermontReef

Thanks Oceanic 30g The reef hobby is wonderful!!

Toomin

"DAMSELS.hoho."

I know exactly what you mean :) I usually spear them when they get out of hand j/k

On another note. I hope to have some frags up on here for cheap soon!!

Did someone mention selling frags locally to me!?!?!?

dear god I didn't think it would ever happen.

Watch him be clear down by Bennington or some other place that requires a Pack mule to get to him

VermontReef

I pretty much always have frags for sale if people are local. I just break out the chain saw.

I'm in highgate.

Cool highgate is not that far of a drive I will have to check out your thread when you post them up..

Do you post them on Reefbuzz as well?

VermontReef
Cool highgate is not that far of a drive I will have to check out your thread when you post them up..

Do you post them on Reefbuzz as well?

I have a couple in the auction that I've only offered locally. I didn't really expect to sell them locally. They just look pretty scrolling across the front page.

Actually, I'm just too lazy to take pictures :)

I have some table top acro, a purple monti thats good size, some acros, and a bunch of zoos/shrooms etc...

I did my first fragging this weekend it was a lot of fun. Most of those have been spoken for but i have a bunch more i am ready to cut once my stupid frag tank cycles and i get more room for slicing.

VermontReef

I got a lot of fragging I could do. I just haven't had the time lately. I've met a few people in the area and have sold frags and at the same time given a lot of stuff away.

It's easier for me to frag when people just come over. We could set something up soon if you would like. I have the 10th, 11th, 13th, and 14th off of work.

My tank wont be ready till at least the end of the month at this rate. But at the very least i may take a trip up to eyeball your tank and pick your brain

My main tank is only an AP12 which is packed at this point.

you can see the beginnings of my little prop tank over in the aquaculture section.

I am just waiting for my water para's to stabilize as i didn't have enough established water when i set it up and had to use new. ap[apparently my Cured LRR i picked up from petadvantage was not as cured as she thought!

VermontReef

lol is it ever really cured unless you do it yourself :)

I fell off Semi truck today that I was inspecting and sprained my wrist and broke two fingers on the other hand. Got a cast on my right hand and an arm brace on the other. How am I supposed to frag now?

LOL on a positive note, I get three weeks out of work :)

• 3 months later...

Archived