Innovative Marine Aquariums

my new derasa

matter1331

matter1331

Just thought I'd share a pic of my new derasa clam. It's the first clam I've attempted to keep, so we'll see how things go!

post-14893-1146805802_thumb.jpg

Schwazreef

Nice. Ive always taken kind of a "eh, whatever" attutide to clam keeping. No MH and pretty slack CA suppliment system dont encourage. But lately Ive been getting a little clam itch. That one looks really nice. Are there any lower light clams that dont grow to 1'?

matter1331

nothing that doesn't grow over a foot unfortunately. But, you could always swap 'em out and have different ones, that's what I plan on doing anyway. As far as lower light these and squamosas are really are there is.

nice clam... if you take good care of it it can grow to be huge! I saw a huge one yesterday, must have been 14 inches long. It almost looked sureal, alien or something

matter1331

yeah, they're pretty cool when they get big. The plan is to grow it until it's too big for the 7 gallon, then it'll go to the 215 we have.

Clam? I think it's time for me to get me a Clam. I had one a long time ago and it didn't do very good. But I think im ready for one now.

matter1331

You should do it if your system can support it, they are so cool to watch. It's definately my favorite peice in the tank. I'm thinking maybe a crazy looking maxima for the next one if all goes well this time.

Archived