Cultivated Reef

Update on my 20H

Travis

sea man dan

Have you ever considered clams? I think a Couple of Corecias (spellings wrong) would look great! Maybe some teardrops... i dunno , what about livestock (fish , inverts) what are your plans for those . I think a blood Fire shirmp would look pretty cool , maybe a sand shifting star to keep the detris down in the sand. And by the way i love the sand in there , just because i feel excludeing sand makes a reef look "unnatural" IMO . Good job with the tank

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, I have considered clams and I would love to have a nice fat Crocea in the middle :)

I do have two fish, I have some sort of Damsel (was sold to me as a Starki but it definantly isn't one of those but it is similar) and a Fridmani Psudochromis. As for inverts I am planing some type of cleaner shrimp, maybe a pair of skunks or fires? No Sea Star for me, tank is too small IMO.

I Take Pictures

Wow this tank is looking great. And I too like it MUCH better w/ the sand, seemed kind of "dull" BB, but that just my opinion.

Rubbing my eyes???

Is that sand

Just kidding trav Welcome back to the sand side I too went bb in my 29 and went back the same reasons you did I was also running a 250 de bulb but a AB 20k I was running into loss of color for lack of nutrients for lack of words the same problem

Look rad with the sand too

looking forward to progress

cb

Thanks guys.

Tigah, that's what you get when you epoxy all the rocks together BEFORE putting them in the tnak :lol: It makes it so much easier to get what you want and keep it that way.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the FTS with the new light (Phoenix 14k)

FTS.jpg

My corals seem to be doing MUCH better now. The Bonsai is regaining it's purple and the Purple Digi, which browned after I got it in my tank, is turning a realy nice purple color on the PE, hopefully the base will turn purple also.

Everything is changing in color to what it once was when I bought them.

It's still too soon to say anything definant, but there is definantly some changes amiss.

:D

sea man dan

I still think that if you just changed the bulb to 14k the corals wouldve regained there coloration Just my opinion though. Dont get me wrong i love sand tanks and i absolutly love how your lokos with sand .

But good job none the less , really liked what you have done. Also is the white spicket looking thing for the closed loop. and where did you purchase your overflow box from?

Fishfreak218

ya look what it could look like without that white pipe (not saying that it doesnt look great b.c. it does):

xl9u3c.jpg

(ok i took out the black pipe too :) )

srry for the crappy "editing" job.. but i did it with Microsoft paint

just blur your eyes :);)

The white stuff on the closed loop is Epoxy, I had drilled the holes to high up and it was sucking air so I closed it up.

I got my overflow box from my LFS, it's one of those no-name brands.

Guitargod6453

What kind of sand did you use? And how many pounds.

Add a Niger trig they are great reef friendly fish :D

• 2 weeks later...

Archived