Pod Your Reef

The most perfect Nano-Reef tank

xofinnocent

Hey NanoReefer53 & Spencerx, check my info below...

Seems I have your perfect tank. It is a 60gallon Oceanic Cube with a 400w 10,000K reefsun suspended over the tank's open top. I dont talk about it too much since it's not really a nano, but it is my fav tank. The plumbing is best done from the top corners on this thing though, since drilling the bottom center would limit my aquascaping possibilities (always having to cover the center pipe...not easy to do with only a foot around the center pipe and 24" high to go). I use a remotely located (due to the larger footprint than the main tank) 75 gallon with a 6" dsb & plenum and macro. I am contemplating a reactor on this thing, but am really happy with just using kalk in my auto top off. I also use a CPR Bak Pak 2 on the sump sometimes. The sump has two eheim hobby pumps in it that are boosted by 2 maxi jet 1200's on a wave timer in the tank. I think I would use these same ideas on a nano for an ultimate nano...but there are a few things I could say for sure:

Natural Method: using an oversized (2x capacity main tank) fuge with a deep plenum (for minimal water changes), and grassilaria.

No Skimmer

No UV

Wave Maker

Metal Halide Lighting

Cube dimensions for main tank

Dual Chamber pH monitoring Calcium Reactor

Auto Top Off w/ dosing chemicals inside

All Glass Construction and Cherry Wood Cabinetry

Satin Chrome Hardware

Titanium Heater

Open Top

VERY little visible sand depth from the side (hey, if your tank is only 12" tall, why have 3" of it be nothing but sand?? It just gets cruddy anyways...it's what the fuge is for)

OK OK, please dont pick on me now, Im sure you all would like to by the looks of this thread so far, and I am an aussie...but if I have alot of money I will not flaunt it, nor pick on anyone else, so please do me the same respect, dont LEEWINK me.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok, everyones free to speak.

And i agree, its your view, if it works, even better.

Dont worry, we all had a laugh, i had a great laugh !!.

cheers,

lee

:) :) :) :)

Archived