Pod Your Reef

Jervis' Indo-Pacific Reef Tank

jervismun

Bought a bigger piece of Green Bubble Anemone to satisfy my Maroons... the small Anemone is looking much healthier now.

2704029ku.jpg

Bought a pair of Banggai Cardinal... 1 died the day after...

2604041ej.jpg

My Zoos collection... will acquire 2 more pieces this weekend :)

2704066qn.jpg

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow what a happening night last night was... my first time experiencing major shipment from Tonga... so quite an eye opener for me :o

Of course I didn't walk home empty handed... here's what I found :)

My first SPS!!! A nice piece of Birdsnest Coral...

2904035ie.jpg

Also bought a Chevron Tang (not from the Tonga shipment)... quite a rare fish over here, so although costly... but its beauty and rarity outweighs the price tag (IMHO). This is the first pix of the CT not too long after introduction. Will post nicer photos later... to do the CT justice.

2904059yz.jpg

Any idea what r those Cleaner Shrimps doing so near the Anemones? Whatever they r doing... my Anemones are obviously not very happy :(

2904021ye.jpg

iluvfishies01

Have you ever thought about replacing the turboflotor skimmer? I have the perc 120 and I'm trying to find a skimmer that will fit in that compartment but it's hard. Any suggestions? Have you upgraded or added skimmers to your tank?

On the whole I don't really like tangs, but that Chevron is amazing. Get lots of photos now, the color will shift when it starts getting older. Kudos on the find, and good luck! :)

jervismun
Have you ever thought about replacing the turboflotor skimmer? I have the perc 120 and I'm trying to find a skimmer that will fit in that compartment but it's hard. Any suggestions? Have you upgraded or added skimmers to your tank?

Emm... nope never thought of replacing my Turboflotor... but again, both Perc90 and Per120 run the same skimmer, so you might find it under-power for your tank. No idea what will fit into the compartment... I think Aqua Medic custom this Turboflotor to fit the Perc tank :)

defaultValue

jervismun

Here's this week's update! Let's start with the bad news... my Pink Birdsnest SPS died (turned white) within 3 days :eek: ... my Green Tip Anemone melted, luckily I managed to spot it early :eek: ... my rescaping sucks as I am still waiting for my Tunze Streams :eek: so the rockscape is very temporary at the moment.

Now the good news :)

Introduced Polyp Lab Reef-resh™ to my tank. Believe this product will make a "hell-of-a-difference" to my corals and water qualities.

0205015lm.jpg

Manage to find a feeding Moorish Idol last 2 days... the fish was covered with white spots... was very depressed last night... but all the spots were gone this morning (8 hours later)!!! Could it be the result of Reef-resh™ as I always dose it before I sleep.

0505093kv.jpg

Also manage to find a rare piece of Tricolor Yuma!!! 2 polyps!!! Nice :P

0505012ue.jpg

Last but not least... I adopted a beautiful Lyretail Anthias (Male) from a fellow reefer... this guy is very active and extremely healthy :)

0505070fu.jpg

No new equipments this week... just replaced my Kent Marine additives with Aqua Medic Reef Life Trace and Aqua Medic Reef Life Iodine.

sorry to hear about the birds nest and the anemone

did both of them die or just the one being bothered by the shrimp?

nice yuma

jervismun
sorry to hear about the birds nest and the anemone

did both of them die or just the one being bothered by the shrimp?

nice yuma

The one bothered by the shrimps... the smaller specimen is looking healthier every day :)

iluvfishies01

Man, your tank has inspired me to put more effort into my Percula 120. I just got some reef roids in today. How has the line of products been working for you? Also, aren't Moorish Idols insanely tough to maintain? Also, have you upgraded your skimmer on your tank? I know that you had a tunze skimmer on the side. Which model is it? I was going to put a deltec mce500 in the second chamber, but keeping water levels high in that second chamber would be such a pain.

jervismun

Hehe... me? Inspiring? Well... you are just being very very nice :)

Reef Roid is a good product, my Sea Fan loves it!

Additives wise, I am streamlining and simplifying the process. With the Reef-resh™, I am trying to minimize other additives. Currently replacing the Kent Marines (6 bottles) with Aqua Marine (3 bottles). Will do an update... but I have great faith in Reef-resh... just got a feeling it will make a big difference to the water.

Moorish Idol is tough... although my specimen is feeding... still white spots developed... it looks very healthy though...

My Turboflotor is working fine for me, already removed the Tunze to create more space. Yes, I think you might need to add an extra skimmer as the Perc90 and Perc120 is using the same model... so either mine is overskimming or yours underskimming, lol. Deltec is a good choice :) You may want to cosider hanging a MCE600 on the left/right side of the tank. No way you can maintain high water lvl in ur second chamber unless you flood the whole back compartments (hence defeating its purpose and design).

HI Jervis

I need a pic fix :D FTS PLEASE...

Havent seen any updates lately...What have you been kicking around on a refugium idea???

Did your Aqua Medic Nitratreductor 1000 kick in and start helping??

Take care

Izzue

• 4 weeks later...
HI Jervis

I need a pic fix :D FTS PLEASE...

Havent seen any updates lately...What have you been kicking around on a refugium idea???

Did your Aqua Medic Nitratreductor 1000 kick in and start helping??

Take care

Izzue

I'm back!!! Here's my latest FTV... just installed the new T5 fixture by ATI.

0906056is.jpg

Night view

0906154ht.jpg

The NR1000 already kicked in 3 weeks ago. Water coming out of the NR is constantly zero NO3. NO3 in tank is around 10 to 15. As you can see in the FTV... I've been stocking quite aggressively lately... also added some fishes :)

The ATI Powermodul (6 T5 tubes) is extremely cool looking!

0906022ga.jpg

Here's how my Zoos Garden developed into... fully grown now... I've acquired a few nicer/rarer morphs... I placed them away from the garden to avoid them cross breeding!

1006192pi.jpg

Here's one of the nicer morphs... Red Ruby!

1006202gg.jpg

My Red Bubble Tip Anemone... I've given my old Anemone away as it tends to hide behind the rock all day... worrying me all the time.

1006105eu.jpg

It's 3am over in Singapore right now... will continue posting tomorrow...

That tank is beautiful!!!! Probably my favorite tank I've ever seen. Are you pare of sgreefclub.com??

Thanks... u r way to generous with words :) Yes I am one of the more active members in sgreefclub.com

I thought your tank looked familiar. Ive read your whole thread. There are so many great tanks on sgreefclub. Very inspiring!! I can't wait to see more pics!

Also, how do you like your new T5s vs. the old halides?

Wow, this is one of the nicest tanks I have ever seen. Very inspiring. I love the ruby red zoas, they look awesome. Keep up the good work!

Jervis---YOu are sick!!!! (the GOOD sick)

I was totally blown away with the progress you have made from the new FTS pics.

Aggressively stocking is an underquote...that tank looks like its been maturing for a year already :bowdown:

Love all the new stuff...just totally amazing.

Sounds like the Nitratreductor 1000 is doing its job well with the bioload you have now.

I loved the MH light setup you had...why in the world did you change to T5 only???

How does it compare...I know you have a chiller so thats why Im asking why you ditched the MH setup.

Tks for the update...REEF-ON

Izzue

I'm back!!! Here's my latest FTV... just installed the new T5 fixture by ATI.

0906056is.jpg

Night view

0906154ht.jpg

The NR1000 already kicked in 3 weeks ago. Water coming out of the NR is constantly zero NO3. NO3 in tank is around 10 to 15. As you can see in the FTV... I've been stocking quite aggressively lately... also added some fishes :)

The ATI Powermodul (6 T5 tubes) is extremely cool looking!

0906022ga.jpg

Is That A Giant bubble coral i see?

• 1 month later...

Archived