inTank Media Baskets

Jervis' Indo-Pacific Reef Tank

jervismun

Welcome all Nanoreef members!!!

I am residing in Singapore, a tiny island-state situated northwest of the IndoPacific (IP) region. Most of the lifestock found here are from the IP.. so most probably my tank will end up being a IP themed tank.

Recently upgraded from my JBJ 24g NC... a wonderful experience!!!

Will post step-by-step to give you guys a detailed experience of my journey... and the exciting future ahead!!!

Comments, "flaming", compliments, queries... all are welcome!!!

Here's a pix of my Aqua Medic Percula 90 sitting next to my JBJ 24g NC.

0404017lu.jpg

One of the most anticipated equipments for my new tank... delivered all packed and sealed.

0404037bs.jpg

Taadaa!!! My 2ft tall Aqua Medic Turboflotor Percula... specially designed for Per90 tankset.

0404059se.jpg

Fits nicely at the back :D

0404068ud.jpg

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thats by far the best looking nano cube I've ever seen! Good luck with your new set-up.

Thanks Pico1 B)

As I did not fancy the single 150W MH that comes with the Perc90, I opt for other brands that can better satisfy my needs. Here's the Solite (marketed as Coralife in the US) Type 3. 2 x 150W MH + 2 x 39W T5. It even comes with a large CPU fan in the center. Perfect!!!

0304097gp.jpg

Changed the light bulbs immediately. 2 x 150W BLV Nepturion 14000ºK, D-D T5 Aquablue and Actinic Plus. Like the combination :P

0304081qf.jpg

Lights check... sand bed (Grade 1) check... water check... salt mix (Aqua Medic Reef Salt) check... a small piece of LR from nano cube check...

0504047rr.jpg

HotRod68Camaro

nice tank, whats with all the new singapore people lately, im from singapore, was actually born there, but now live in the U.S.

nice tank, whats with all the new singapore people lately, im from singapore, was actually born there, but now live in the U.S.

Em... I have no idea why the sudden influx... probably the local forum is not as active as the U.S. ones... which part of U.S.? I'm a Malaysian Chinese working in Singapore btw B)

More shopping... by that time... I was already quite broke :o

1004020gs.jpg

Nitrifying Bacterias... in a magic bottle :P

0704015js.jpg

After a week of cycling... I began tranferring some LR, sand, water, etc. from NC to Perc90. I also reduced the bioload on my NC gradually... this Zoos (been with me for 2 months) was the first LS to be introduced into Perc90.

1204041rn.jpg

A Tunze wave box, that's awesome, how big did you say your reef tank is?

MG

The Perc90 is based on a 3ft by 2ft footprint, 2ft tall. But the IOS on the of the Perc90 takes up 6". The Tunze Wavebox is a novelty piece of equipment, I sold it last week coz it is taking up too much precious space. I still have a Tunze Reefpack 500 (from my NC) to be added to the Perc90, so 1 of them must go.

Here's how the back compartments look like... as of today :)

1404120wq.jpg

From top to bottom:

1. AM Turboflotor Percula protein skimmer

2. AM built-in trickle filter with AM Bactoballs

3. AM Phosphatfilter with Antiphos

4. Sicce 1300l/h return pump

5. Sicce 2500l/h pump connecting to Teco RA240 chiller

6. Dry compartment for wires/cables to cabinet below

7. Refugium with LR and Chaetomorpha w/ external PL light

8. Tunze Reefpack 500 (Comline filter + DOC skimmer)

HotRod68Camaro

nice i really like that tank, im in Lubbock, Texas for college but home is in Katy, Texas. Yea my mom is Malaysian Chinese and my dad is American.

I see a Mac in the backround! I didn't realize they were popular in Singapore. Oh and good luck with the tank. :P

Mac's are popular in the design industry... oh iPod is a "must-have" here in Singapore... despite the fact that Creative Zen is a local brand. I think Creative is more popular in Europe than in Singapore, lol.

Ok guys... here's a frontal view of my Perc90!!! The pix was taken with only 1 MH (left side).

1304107mo.jpg

My 2 Cleaner Shrimps quickly settled for the center cave...

1304034oi.jpg

Side view (from the left)... my 2 Stars can be seen in this pix.

1304049ju.jpg

Ok here's my lighting pattern :heh: Feel free to comment... nothing's fixed yet :)

3pm - 4pm (Sunrise)

2xT5 (Total 78W - 1.04W/h)

1504035du.jpg

4pm - 6pm (Morning)

2xT5 + 1x150W MH (Total 228W - 3.04W/h)

1504083nl.jpg

6pm - 7pm (Noon)

2xT5 + 2x150W MH (Total 378W - 5.04W/h)

1504091wk.jpg

7pm - 10pm (Late afternoon)

2xT5 + 1x150W MH (Total 228W - 3.04W/h)

1504083nl.jpg

10pm - 12am (Evening)

2xT5 (Total 78W - 1.04W/h)

1504035du.jpg

12am - 3pm (Night)

LED Moonlight

1504102tc.jpg

Simply awesome Jervismun...

Ive taken my Finnex 18 gal to the limit...but the inside widest part of display is only 8 inches.

Hope you dont mind me asking a few questions...this setup looks like a possable upgrade...I wanted to do 100 gal tank, but current home has no good area for a tank that large. The footprint on your setup is nice :)

Do you have a pick with complete stand?? and measurement of footprint setup with backwall displacement?

Whats the measurement of main display itself??

I see you have one PH inside...is their a compartment in sump large enough to hold pump with possable SCWD for flow and waveaction??

How do you feel about the flow you have now???

Ok --sorry bout all the questions...Just exciting to see a nice tank like this..

It is glass right...I cant find one for sale in the US...got a link??

Tks Jervismun... and keep us posted...you have yourself on very nice setup, easily has all the equipment to make an awesome mixed tank...with no worries about SPS lighting :happydance:

Izzue

Yeah... a very long list of questions there... let me see if I can answer them all.

1. The Percula 90 only contains 70 to 75 US Gallons. The "90" is to represent 90cm length.

2. The best way to learn more about this product is to visit:

http://www.aqua-medic.de/seawater/en/7/percula90/

You will find PDF download of the manual... very informative and lots of cool diagrams such as this one.

3. Yes, there are plenty of rooms at the back compartments to play around... adding pumps and all sorts of equipments. The right most compartment (my refugium) is an area perfect for playing with water flow - as per original intention.

4. Yes all glass, 8mm thick tempered glass. The compartment glass is glossy black. The entire tank incl. the stand is made in Germany, so the glass quality (with a tint of black instead of green) is perfect IMO!!!

5. I will be adding 2 Tunze Streams 6000 w/ Multicontroller next month to increase flow, currently the flow is so-so.post-18848-1145105896_thumb.jpg

Tkank YOU sir... I will check out the manual.

Tunze stream 6000?? is that the new impeller wavemaker I recently heard about?

Wow 2 of those rocking wireless...flow baby flow...

My living room is 20 by 16 so Im limited to size...not to mention the tank area is close to Plasma so Im not real sure about MH... My current setup has Current USA 130 watt PC Sunpaq...

Izzue

oh is that one of those Coralife Elites ?? (the new ones??)

Are you referring to the MH? I believe so... as they market Solite under Coralife in the States. It's a great product... the large CPU fan is a little too audible though.

Here's my refugium (right most compartment). Acting as nutrient exporter, the Chaetomorphas will work 24 hours a day for the first week to help bring Nitrates down to acceptable level. Currently my 15ppm reading is still very worrying... once under control, I will switch the external PL to night illumination only (to help balance pH at night)

1504133to.jpg

Natural behaviour spotted... in fact one of the Cleaner Shrimp molted 2 days ago.

1504060hc.jpg

Picture showing 2 of my large caves... the right one (center of the 3) was quickly conquered by my paired Cleaner Shrimp.

1304178as.jpg

I know I mentioned Indo-Pacific... this Leopard Wrasse comes from The Maldives!!! Stunningly beautiful and extremely shy.

1504115ly.jpg

The Aqua Medic Turboflotor working very very hard...

1404055ku.jpg

Indonesian Orange and Green Zoanthus... I am currently collecting as many colours as possible and will try to create multi-coloured frags :happy:

1604010bn.jpg

My Sand Sifting Star having difficulties sifting the medium-sized Aqua Medic Hydrocarbon :P

1604038if.jpg

Finally... the algae army is in town... with an almost zero PO4, I don't expect the army to stay too long... go to the next town... :angry:

1604028sw.jpg

Jervis.. Tks for the info and new pics...looking awesome

I checked out your thread over and over this weekend... not to mention some of your old stuff you had done with your NC.

The Perc 90 manual does not state the viewable size dimensions on main display.

Could you get me those dimensions when ever you get a chance + dimensions on area of footprint the tank is taking up with room from off the wall provided.

I also emailed both contacts for USA... both emails come back as bad :angry:

So at this point I dont even know if I can get in USA not to mention the cost.

Thanks again

Izzue

Archived