Innovative Marine Aquariums

Jervis' Indo-Pacific Reef Tank

jervismun

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

great tank - I really like the dimesions, and what great compartments in the back - and the livestock and aquascaping are top-notch - great job

just wanted to tag along on your tank

love that monti cap protruding in the bottom left

awesome tank

Hehe I was hoping someone would notice that, lol! Will use that as a base to culture my Zoos in the future. And attempt the real Monti for sure :)

A bit lazy to draw diagrams... maybe let me try to describe in words:

FRONT (viewable area) - 34 3/4"

SIDE (viewable area) - 16" (not counting back compartments - laminated black)

HEIGHT (viewable area) - 18" (not counting black frames top & bottom)

SIDE (back compartments) - 7"

TOTAL SIDE = 16" (viewable) + 7" (non viewable)

BACK - 34 3/4" (no laminate - see thru)

Bought the LW last Wednesday. The Blue Gorgonia has been with me for more than 2 months now. I target feed it with Zooplanktons and Phytoplanktons every other day... also added Reef Roid recently and they love it!!!

Presenting the WORLD'S STRONGEST TENTACLE!!!

1904012js.jpg

Oh yeah??? Try this!!!

Hey this is so unfair... we are in the middle of a competition here

1904023zo.jpg

hehehe... Get off me you little shrimpeee :P

cool pic...

Cant get anyone to contact me by email Jervis about the Perc... oh well guess Ill just live through yours :rant:

How is the LW doing... he looks awesome...is he as active as a Six...

My Six hunts my tank all day long :owned:

PS-- tks for the dimensions and question answering

Izzue

To help me control my Nitrates/Nitrites level, I introduced a new piece of equipment 2 days ago... it will not take effect immediately, so will wait for a couple of days and see (with fingers crossed).

2004048oo.jpg

Filled the AM reactor with 50% Antiphos 50% Carbolit...

2004013cw.jpg

Latest FTS... taken last night with a few new additions

2104035jf.jpg

Will post an update again soon...

nice. do i see a blood shrimp?

Wow! U have eagle eyes!!! Yeah I bought a Fire Shrimp yesterday... will update pix later tonight.

My Zoos corner :)

2104019gd.jpg

Finally... the Leopard Wrasse is eating boldly!

2204021vm.jpg

Added a pair of Purple Dartfish last night... the smaller specimen is currently missing-in-action :(

2104060lt.jpg

And last but not least... the long awaited Blood Shrimp

2104044pb.jpg

Latest partial tank shot (this evening)

2204035zz.jpg

cool

What is that gizmo Jervis??? that you added for n/n...looks like bioballs in it.

Thanks for the new pics...

How many gallons would you estimate your refugium is?

The LW is looking awesome

:D

Izzue

Your star is awesome...hope you dont mind me sharing my new one with ya.

Pic

post-14574-1145727585_thumb.jpg

cool

What is that gizmo Jervis??? that you added for n/n...looks like bioballs in it.

Thanks for the new pics...

How many gallons would you estimate your refugium is?

The LW is looking awesome

:D

Izzue

Your star is awesome...hope you dont mind me sharing my new one with ya.

Pic

Hi Izzue

That's an Aqua Medic Nitratreductor 1000 with a AM Dosing Pump SP3000 right in front of it. Been running it for the past 3 days... have not seen any result yet as it is still ocnsidered within the kicking-in phase.

My refugium is unofficial, just a separate corner for me to filled up 50% of LR and 50% of Chaetomorpha. About 6" by 6" by 24".

Your star is extremely beautiful!!! And I like ur scaping too... looks very matured and natural.

Here's a closer shot of my Zoos Garden... with most polyps opened up to the MH.

2304104oe.jpg

Phew... the smaller Purple Firefish is still alive :)

2304038nw.jpg

My right corner... still have not decided what to theme this area into... any suggestion?

2304046aq.jpg

View from left side panel... like the depth of the scaping :)

2304059qs.jpg

Revealing my lighting plan... with only one MH running.

2304062je.jpg

TheReefDude

Those purple firefish are amazing... how do you get your fish in singapore....awsome tank....i just added it to my inspiration list....very nice!!!

-SethL.

Those purple firefish are amazing... how do you get your fish in singapore....awsome tank....i just added it to my inspiration list....very nice!!!

-SethL.

In Singapore we buy fish from LFS... just like u guys... lol

Another exciting day at the LFS...

Introducing my first Mating Pair!!! I found them with a matching Anemone.

2404011rc.jpg

Can see that they are madly in love :)

2404068uk.jpg

Place their nest high up and towards the back... expecting the "nest" to move around for the next couple of hours.

2404083az.jpg

IM loving this Jervis---awesome fish!!!!!!!!!... they even look in love :wub:

Man YOu are gonna make that tank one top notch REEF...

What kind of anemone is that...with your lighting your could even go with a larger variety if you wanted...I just hate how they move around.

Tks on the Star and tank comments... my little 18 gal is almost a year old...LFS tells my also that my little tank is very mature for the actual age...I do my weekly water change and macro syphon.

IM impressed with how well you keep all your chems in check (phos,n/n etc)...

If I didnt have 5 fish with all the feeding I may have a better chance of keeping the macro down (refugium so far is making no difference.. on for 2 months now)

but it does give it a more natural look... not to mention my Flametail Blenny eats on it. Guess Ill just stick to 3 hours mantience everyweekend...but at least it looks real clean until the next weekend

Keep up the PICS...

Izzue

iluvfishies01

Hey Jervis,

That tank is awesome! I was able to get my hands on the Percula 120 here in the states. I have the stock lighting that it comes w/, the aqua starlight fixture 2x150 over it, but one of the ballasts is out. I haven't done much w/ the tank. It's a fish only tank and I need much more rock. Seeing your tank has given me motivation to jump start the conversion into a reef tank. Question... where did you put your chaeto? I was thinking of placing it where the bioballs are supposed to go, but I haven't given it much thought yet. It looks like you placed your chaeto where the powerheads go, right? Thanks and keep up the great work!

IM loving this Jervis---awesome fish!!!!!!!!!... they even look in love :wub:

Man YOu are gonna make that tank one top notch REEF...

What kind of anemone is that...with your lighting your could even go with a larger variety if you wanted...I just hate how they move around.

Tks on the Star and tank comments... my little 18 gal is almost a year old...LFS tells my also that my little tank is very mature for the actual age...I do my weekly water change and macro syphon.

IM impressed with how well you keep all your chems in check (phos,n/n etc)...

If I didnt have 5 fish with all the feeding I may have a better chance of keeping the macro down (refugium so far is making no difference.. on for 2 months now)

but it does give it a more natural look... not to mention my Flametail Blenny eats on it. Guess Ill just stick to 3 hours mantience everyweekend...but at least it looks real clean until the next weekend

Keep up the PICS...

Izzue

Thanks! If I am not wrong... that is a Green Bulb Anemone (can be found in Singapore waters). Yeah planning to get a nice piece of Red Bubble Tip (also from Singapore, lol). I am trying to do water changes once every forthnight.

Hehe... for me... keeping the parameters in check is as much fun as keeping the right LS. Yeah... it's very hard to get ur Macroalgae to contribute significantly to the system. I was told, my Chaetos are barely enough... not gonna make any difference to the biotope.

3 hours of weekly maintenance is not too bad actually... I usually spent longer than that. Yeah will post more pix this weekend :)

BEAUTIFUL. what is the total # of fish? i was never a fan of leaopard wrasse until now. best of luck.

Thanks! I have a total of 12 fishes.

2 Green Chromis

2 Purple Firefish

1 False Percula

2 Maroon Clownfish

1 Blue Tang

1 Pink Skunk Clownfish

1 Six Line Wrasse

1 Leopard Wrasse

1 Spotted Mandarin

All are "nano size" except the female Maroon Clown... whopping 3 1/2"!!!

The Leopard Wrasse is exceptionally beautiful... but it spends too much time buried in the sand :(

Hey Jervis,

That tank is awesome! I was able to get my hands on the Percula 120 here in the states. I have the stock lighting that it comes w/, the aqua starlight fixture 2x150 over it, but one of the ballasts is out. I haven't done much w/ the tank. It's a fish only tank and I need much more rock. Seeing your tank has given me motivation to jump start the conversion into a reef tank. Question... where did you put your chaeto? I was thinking of placing it where the bioballs are supposed to go, but I haven't given it much thought yet. It looks like you placed your chaeto where the powerheads go, right? Thanks and keep up the great work!

Thanks! Finally you found Nemo!!! Wow u got the Starlight!!! It is too costly over here. Hehe... a reef tank is much more challenging and satisfying however... you will have to give up all the beautiful angels, butterflies and triggers :(

My favourite fish of all time is Emperor Angel (Juvenille)

Archived