Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Never Buy Another Nano Cube! Better Setup for $$

KMitch

Don’t take everything so seriously, didn’t you see me laughing.

There are many tanks & ways to have a successful reefing experience.

More power to you for trying something new.

BUT don’t ever rip the NC6 again!!! and what's wrong with my tangs???

No I actually wrote that and then saw your post and added the bit about my shirt. Hey more power to keeping a tang in a nanocube! lol. I still love nano cubes RickJG-- dont worry

Besides--- it was your post that walked me through the 3.18 light upgrade. For which I will be eternally grateful. (Actually trying to sell that nano cube now to pay for my new tank .... urgh)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"Its forums like these that kept me from buying many a POS"

Amen to that

...Amen

kmitch, by the way your tank and corals look. Thats enough said. Makes me want to purchase another Nanocube.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

...Amen

kmitch, by the way your tank and corals look. Thats enough said. Makes me want to purchase another Nanocube.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

My tank and corals look......... ?? Nice?? Ugly??? (lost a word there buddy) :P

kmitch, I like my nano 6, but i also love your tank. I don't have tank envy like alot of people here. I think with nano cubes you pay a little more for the style, etc. The tank you have is a great deal and looks nice as well. I am glad you shared your tank, keep us up to date with more pictures.

Dan

i agree with lance

if youre spending $79 for this tank/light you might as well get a 10g aga if its not about the looks......

and about nanos cracking... i dont think its the tank...i think its more on the surface which the tank sits on and since the nc's have the round courners, its more prone to cracking on uneven surfaces because of it being one piece of glass

cause i got a nc6 and my roomate got a nc12 both shipped from cali and theyre both doin excellent, i put mine under a piece of mdf wood

just my thoughts

This is essentially an AGA setup. Only reason I didnt get an AGA tank is because the LFS charges $40 for a 10 gal (gimme a break) and online they werent much cheaper after shipping was included. I had a nice surface to put my NC on but I still must admit that after reading the horror stories I was nervous about it. I like the NC, but I like this setup better for a few key reasons.

LOL

Look, ANY aquarium with a low volume of water AND A FULLY ENCLOSED TOP is going to have heat problems.

The solution: (warning, newsflash coming) a CHILLER!!

So you have to ask yourself do I want a crappy looking aquarium with all the equipment exposed and light spilling over into the room

OR

do I want to spend a tad bit more on a SLEEK aquarium, with ALL the equipment hidden, with NO light seeping out into the room?

I went with option B! And COULDN'T be happier!

To me modding is part of the hobby. Sure it takes time, and a little work, but if you want things done right you should do it yourself!

Believe me-- if I had the money for a chiller and all thats what I would have done. But if you read the title you would see that I am comparing packages out of box and at out of box price.

Believe me-- if I had the money for a chiller and all thats what I would have done. But if you read the title you would see that I am comparing packages out of box and at out of box price.

I read the title and I disagree. Better setup perhaps for YOUR money, but not for mine.

I don't want a junky looking aquarium in my den.

An $80 chiller is CHEAP insurance when you have SO much money invested in livestock.

I would hate to come home and see all of my corals and fish cooked to death because a heater malfunctioned and didn't turn off!

You still fail to read the title--- out of box. Not buying a chiller or light upgrades, etc.

And you still fail to read the part about how I do like the nanocubes and have nothing wrong with them. Just offering another option.

So you have to ask yourself do I want a crappy looking aquarium with all the equipment exposed and light spilling over into the room

I just got my new tank today its the jalli 8 gallon

I wouldn't say its a crappy tank at all

:lol:

NEVER SATISFIED REFFER

I THINK THIS STATMENT SUMS IT ALL UP IN FEW AS POSSIBLE WORDS......

ALL JBJ PRODUCTS ARE LEMONS!!!!

I state please GET RID OF AQUAPOD'S ON HERE, thought this was a Nano Cube forum??? Aquapods are a cheap rip-off of the JBJ Nano-cubes in my opinion, not just because I have one either, they are cheaply made from what I've seen in stores....just my .02 worth. Cheers.

I THINK THIS STATMENT SUMS IT ALL UP IN FEW AS POSSIBLE WORDS......

ALL JBJ PRODUCTS ARE LEMONS!!!!

Why, gee. Thanks for coming to the Nano Cube forum and sharing that. My gosh, you've shown us the light. We're not worthy! We're not worthy! :bowdown:

/sarcasm

To the topic creator: While you claim to like the Nano Cube, your choice of words leaves much to be desired. You could have titled it something like "NC Alternative for less" instead of the more confrontational title you chose.

Yes but would you read that? Nope. Does ####### off all the NC owners (of which I am one) get them to read it? yep.

I do alot with sales.

If I wanted a NC bashing forum I would have gone to one of the many threads that are just that.

reefernanoman

Well my little cousine bought one of these and it started leaking from the topaftera week. He had to exchange it for a new one. But after he saw my nano 12dx, he was in love. So I upgraded to a 24dx and sold him my 12 dx. I hated to see all his equipment inside his tank, like the powerhead, heater and filter. It all looks so ugly in there, unless you get a sump or something. With our cubes, you can just hide everything in the back. That is why I like cubes better

Now tell me? which one looks better? I would think nano cube.

I would have read it. But thanks for the heads up letting me know to ignore any threads started by you.

Wow I thought people on this forum were pretty cool 'till I met you. Your critique of my forum was not required.

Take a chill pill Arklier B)

Well my little cousine bought one of these and it started leaking from the topaftera week. He had to exchange it for a new one. But after he saw my nano 12dx, he was in love. So I upgraded to a 24dx and sold him my 12 dx. I hated to see all his equipment inside his tank, like the powerhead, heater and filter. It all looks so ugly in there, unless you get a sump or something. With our cubes, you can just hide everything in the back. That is why I like cubes better

Depends how you arrange your tank. I always had to leave the feeding lid of my NC up to keep it cool and after the light mod the tangle of cords was pretty crazy. I agree that the NC can look nicer from the out of box-- but I wanted more than the NC had to offer out of box. I am also about to start a DIY fuge that would keep everthing behind the tank. Its a matter of preference and which fits YOU better. The nanocube- while it was a great tank to learn on- didnt work for me in the long run for a few key reasons.

Haha, I agree COMPLETELY with you, the NC makes that other little tank look like chinese junk!:) Oops, shouldn't even comment........I thought this was for the JBJ nano cubes, not for the crappy tank pictured here next to the NC...........????????????????????????

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. I can sleep better at night knowing that my "POS" tank isnt going to crack any second and that it provides a better home out of box, than the korean "POS" tank you have.

B) <<< everyone who is attacking me about nanocubes should do this. I HAVE ONE!

Nanocubes are great for people who want the all in one package, for beginners, and for people that have the money to upgrade them, etc. I am offering an opinion regarding something else

Hey yeah they make lots of different things for different folks and reasons...I have a 26 aga bowfront set up in my den whith overflow wet dry sump metal halide the whole bit(this was a downsize for me and I have really enjoyed it)...but when it came to setting up a neat little tank in my daughters bedroom I couldnt beat the little nc12dx (even after all the bashing) thru in a mj900 and a surface skimmer and she is ready for a sweet little one or two fish and softie tank. sorry just a couple more cents

Well, I guess my NC 24 is a POS, but I upgrade a lot. I just like having everything all in one, I don't like looking at filters, skimmers, especially HEATERS!!!!!!!!! EWWWWWWWW GROSS. LOL Just think it's easier and more efficient especially if you have the $$$ at times to do upgrades.

Archived