ReefCleaners.org

BREAD's 20L mixed reef

BREAD

thanks, but with recent events its gonna be hard.

oh well, good excuse to buy new coral i guess.

That sucks what happened. YOur corals really looked nice too. Keep your head up. What's that in your new avatar? Pan de sal? haha. It's cool your going to the PI, are you by any chance from there? Ahh I have to got back there someday.

O yeah, I like your Immortal Technique quote in your sig. Going to Rock The Bells?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That sucks what happened. YOur corals really looked nice too. Keep your head up. What's that in your new avatar? Pan de sal? haha. It's cool your going to the PI, are you by any chance from there? Ahh I have to got back there someday.

O yeah, I like your Immortal Technique quote in your sig. Going to Rock The Bells?

lol, pan de sal.. ever tried it with ice cream? yummm. Haha.

I'm not from the PI, actually I haven't been there since I was two, lol. While I'm there I'm gonna be going to Hong Kong and China as well. That quote in my sig is from Common, but I did have iTech tagged up in my sig at one time though. Yeah, I'll most likely be going to Rock the Bells. What about you?

lol, pan de sal.. ever tried it with ice cream? yummm. Haha.

I'm not from the PI, actually I haven't been there since I was two, lol. While I'm there I'm gonna be going to Hong Kong and China as well. That quote in my sig is from Common, but I did have iTech tagged up in my sig at one time though. Yeah, I'll most likely be going to Rock the Bells. What about you?

My bad on the quotes. I remember now..."Check it, check it

I was born underwater with three dollars and a cocktail

Tryin to make the Garden of Eden, out of Auckdale and Rockwell"

My favorite song from him is the 6th sense. lol. No i've never tried it with ice cream. I will most likely be going to Rock the Bells too. I can't miss Del and Murs. Oh and Mos Def too. August 5 :D . Your going to the one in San Bernadino right? See you there. I'll be wearing my Zion-I shirt even though they won't be there, lol.

Sorry to hear about the mishap. Your tank was looking amazing.

On a side note...yay for Lakewood reefers. I noticed someone else was from lakewood too.

• 1 month later...
newjerseynano

niccee tank bro, really nice, and sorry to hear bout the losses. summer and reef tanks dont mix well -_-. what size pvc and locline are you using for the cls?

yeah, summer sucks when it comes to reef tanks. i was worried that it was gonna happen again while i was gone for 3 weeks but my brothers girlfriend did a great job taking care of the tank.

For the closed loop i used 1" PVC going into 3/4 bulkheads with a 3/4-1/2 Y connector and 1/2 locline for the outputs. HTH

if you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

newjerseynano

so you think 1/2" locline works best? i think i am going to copy the mag7 cls going to two locline y returns of yours, but minus the scwd. what kind of flow do you get thru the 1/2"?

also, do you need locline pliars for construction?

i initially wanted to get 3/4 loclines because i think that it would give me the best flow, but i went everywhere and couldn't find anyone with 3/4 loclines. if they did have it, they didnt have enough for what i needed so i had to with 1/2s and im getting some good current even with the SCWD, but if you can find 3/4 loclines i would go with that.

no, you dont necessarily need the pliers for the loclines. actually, i've never heard of anyone using the locline pliers before. you'll be perfectly fine without them.

newjerseynano

k thanks a bunch. i will be ordering off marinedepot, so the 6" locline, y fitting, mpt adapt, pretty much everything is 3/4" available, so i'll stick wit that. thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
newjerseynano

great job with the tank bread, its just getting more stunning every time a new pic comes around. i did copy ur cls plan, cept for the fact im going all 3/4" piping, but hole locations and scwd locations are the same. i love it but im worried about the intake, mine is low to the bottom, and i wanted to know if u get any sand taken in to the cls. any advice appreciate since it was adopted from ur idea, and once again, real nice job, definately a head turner no doubt.

• 7 months later...

BIG UPDATE TODAY!! lots of reading for you :P

wow, i haven't been on the forums in a looong time ..now im not updated with the reefing world :( anything new in 2007 that i should know about?? any new cool equipment that came out this year?? whats the new "money" coral, are dendros still up there??

well i've been really busy lately because nursing school has taken over my life and my tank looked HORRIBLE. my priorities seemed out of whack ..everyone knows that reefing is always #1!! :D yeah, so while i was out owning at nursing school my tank became a complete POS.. my friends were even telling me to sell it because it got so bad. i thought about it for a few months and i finally decided to say goodbye to my beloved reef. although its not totally out of my life. i've decided to make it a prop tank ..i loved it too much to sell it :wub: instead of it sitting there looking ugly its gonna sit there and make me my dough yo. :bling:

i'll post my whole process of tank evolution tonight(with pictures! ..everyone loves those!) ..right now im gonna go take my little cousins to the park and im gonna scope out the ladies .."hey, go tell those girls that you're lost then come find me..." just kiddinggg. i'll see yall tonight! B)

so much for posting that night...

ok so that whole prop tank thing didnt really work out too well and all my SPS corals died =/ ..so i decided to start all over. i cleaned it up as much as i could, changed the sandbed, and redid the aquascape.. i think it looks good ..alot more simple than before. the corals aren't at their final resting places yet, i'm pacing myself with this one. im thinking keeping most if not all the softies and LPS on the right island and maybe a bunch of SPS on the left. if i dont go the SPS route maybe a RBTA?

IMG_4961.jpg

IMG_4962.jpg

IMG_4964.jpg

Diskusting

sorry to hear about your sps. I loved your 20 long. I hope it makes a comeback. I love your new scape, not too crowded. If it were me I would be sps on the inside sides of the the rock then softies/lps on the outside and bottom. Is that garbage can a fuge?

sorry to hear about your sps. I loved your 20 long. I hope it makes a comeback. I love your new scape, not too crowded. If it were me I would be sps on the inside sides of the the rock then softies/lps on the outside and bottom. Is that garbage can a fuge?

now that i look back at the old pictures i feel so dumb for letting it get as bad as it did. but hey, with this new start maybe it'll be just a good, maybe even better :) SPS on the insides sounds like a really good idea ..i think im gonna go for it.

hmmm.. yeah the garbage can is my fuge, how embarrassing huh. :happy:

I am ready to upgrade from a 10 to a 20L. How high is your MH from the water surface? Your tank thread and past pictures have been an inspiration.

Archived