SaltCritters.com

BREAD's 20L mixed reef

BREAD

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

damn i got hooked up today. i was planning to get a small frag of red cap for $10 but i guess the guy was in a good mood, haha. the biggest piece of monti is 6" and the birds nest is 5". i think i might have to sell some frags cause this is way too much, lol. they're acclimating rght now i'll get some more pics when i get them in the tank.

DSC04647.jpg

im gonna be picking up an ocellaris from a local breeder after the acclimation is finished, so i'll be doing another update tonight.

aww how cute now i can celebrate his birthday :D

DSC04649.jpg

wow, this guy is SMALL, not even an inch yet!

DSC04670.jpg

DSC04673.jpg

DSC04674.jpg

DSC04684.jpg

$10 monti cap frag in the tank and some green caps i got with it

DSC04660.jpg

DSC04654.jpg

this green birds nest wasn't doing too well in his tank so he gave it to me for free, hopefully it colors up. i also picked up a pink birds nest but im too lazy to get a pic right now -_-

DSC04662.jpg

a pic of the brown digi i got from kenny, the growth and color has been great since the upgrade

DSC04663.jpg

more updates coming soon!:D

so are you going to sell any frags and would you ship it to Arizona. hook me up with a deal plus shipping. id love some of the monti's and birdsnest ....

thanks pico, the tank looks amazing with all the new corals in! i'll get an FTS up 2morrow when the lights are on.

mosquedaj, i dont know if i really trust myself shipping out any corals. i've never done it before but if i ever start shipping things out i'll make sure to hook you up.

yeah he is cute huh, looks like a little toy hes so tiny! i can't wait to see him grow into an adult clown. the ocellaris, now named tiny by my bros girlfriend(she names all my fish), has been handling the tank really well considering his size and that hes never been in a tank with any current. my midas and four-line, which are giants compared to this lil guy, have been picking on the clown, chasing it around and stuff keeping it in the corner. now that the lights are off hes been starting to venture off farther into the tank, hopefully he'll host something when he starts to grow a lil more.

if anyone is looking to buy a clown in the SoCal area hit up "Morgman" on RC, i highly recommend him. hes a great guy and has alot of different types of clowns.

Then later when I start working on the corals next to him he bites me and leaves two indents on my finger and it was quite painful, I didn't realize that they had fangs.

My clown fishes sometimes attack my hand. God luck with the Midas.

• 1 month later...
sea man dan

Man bread you have really progressed with this tank , i posted a while back on this thread u were still a young grasshopper and i look now and its a masterpeaice....HEHE beatifull tank

thanks dan :D

i think its time for an update. well, i've lost my baby ocellaris, diamond goby, and four-line wrasse due to eggcrate sucking at its purpose. so i just made a frame out of the eggcrate and placed some window screen on top of that. looks alot better and it actually works. my current fish are my midas blenny, tomato clown, and royal gramma. now for some pics.

current FTS

xf136x.jpg

red blastos

DSC04932.jpg

lithophyllon chalice

DSC04944.jpg

pink n' green chalice

DSC04943.jpg

green and white striped red micromussa

DSC04941.jpg

DENRO!

DSC04936.jpg

all green sacro

DSC04934.jpg

Fishfreak218

NICE! you got some really nice coral.. loving the :deepbreath: Red Blastos, the monti cap, the birdsnest, the green sarco, the pink zoos, and the green trumpet coral :exhale:

lol nice tank

• 3 weeks later...

Your tank setup is sweet.

Can you tell me which brand MH fixture that is?

Also how's the coral growth going with that bulb?

:D

Hey, hows it going guys. Sorry I havent been active too much lately. The pendant is a Reef Optix III with a 14k Pheonix bulb. The growth is great, my corals are growing extremely fast compared to my old setup but this is the only MH I've ever had so I don't know if the growth im getting out of it is the best.

haha, thanks darkxero but I think its time for an avatar change.

mannn, I hate summer.

After a great day at Lake Elsinore. I came home only to be welcomed by the smell of death. All my corals were retracted if not dead and plus my fish have ich now. So I check my temp and it was at 90! Not only that but my fuge and ATO pump both don't work anymore. WTFFFFF?!?! I just threw in some carbon and did a few water changes. I can't do much more but hope for the best.

I'm going on a 3 week vacation this month to the Philippines and I'm really worried that it'll all be dead when I get back. Mann, what can I do. Maybe a fan will prevent this from happening again???

Bleh. -_-

i have crabs

Man, really sorry to hear about the heat problems. I hate the summer, at least for aquarium keeping. Your tank was looking awesome. Good luck!

Archived