Cultivated Reef

6.6g Desktop Reef

froggiebunbun

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
froggiebunbun

Tank dimension are 23Lx7Wx8H...It's really shallow about 7 gallon total. THe tank is plastic...might be cheap plastic, not too sure but it is flimsy. I'm thinking about swapping the tank for a glass one since it scratches so easily and I have soooo many small scratches.

• 3 weeks later...

Doesn't this tank scratch easily? I would just go get some glass cut and build your own custom nano-tank... i bought a 5.5g aga tank and modded it out to have internal filtration... you might want to consider adding internal overflows when you decide to upgrade your tank... i've also seen similar tank's in PETCO that are made of glass? oh and i had the same green algae covering my rock but now its very faint and coraline is taking its place, weird huh?

Charlie97L
Doesn't this tank scratch easily? I would just go get some glass cut and build your own custom nano-tank... i bought a 5.5g aga tank and modded it out to have internal filtration... you might want to consider adding internal overflows when you decide to upgrade your tank... i've also seen similar tank's in PETCO that are made of glass? oh and i had the same green algae covering my rock but now its very faint and coraline is taking its place, weird huh?

did you get that tank from teh petco website or in store?

shivametimbas

ur tank is SICK. very very nice. good luck with it. mine is sitting on my porch,empty and covered in coralline.

sea man dan

OMG in 8 days you managed to crumb that many corals in there? I SOLUTE! but wow whats was up with the movement of the stick corals (dont know what there called), just thought it would help cover up the back end of the tank.... which does and i LOVE IT .

- But IMO bad idea because now it is so crammed , no room for growth man! I still like it none the less and im sure you will figure something out

froggiebunbun

Thanks all.

I'll frag stuff when it grows out. I like the "crammed" look of my tank :). I added another powerhead for flow for my gorgonia.

Those gorgonians really make it a piece of art. When you're ready to frag, let me know. :)

PS - stop moving stuff around and let it settle in, already! :P

froggiebunbun

Thanks all.

Andre- I got the lights from Aquatraders.com. They don't have a good reputation but I was lucky purchasing with them. However, I still don't recommend them, to be on the safe side

Jeremai- You want gorgonias? Check out this place sealifeflorida.com. That's where I purchased mine. Haha, I can't help moving stuff around...I had to move the gorgonia tho cause they liked a higher flow secton w/o direct powerhead blowing on them.

I would love to lie and say yes that is me, but it isnt...lol...it's my girlie

BOOOOOO

nice tank

• 2 months later...

Archived