thx indie, coast and accord....

I would love to lie and say yes that is me, but it isnt...lol...it's my girlie

Anyways...the SPS experiment continues, some new frags I got 2night

2 caps and a digita, i think

IMG_0797.jpg

IMG_0795.jpg

IMG_0792.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Oceanic salt is generally really high in calcium, and you have to add more? (do you test for it?). It is low in Alk though, I usually add a pinch to my top-off jugs as well as a bit into the water before I mix salt in for water changes.

Looks good though. I've been waiting for my Petco to get one of these in, but this store isn't too big on fish supplies :(

froggiebunbun

thanks again all for the nice coments! It's not the camera, it's the technique! I'm sure if you play around with it it's going to be awesome.

Daemon, Yeah from the stats, Oceanic should be high in Cal and low in Alk but strangly I find my Cal low..in 350 range and my Alk around 10dkl. Maybe its because I use Chemipure? I know Chemi-pure helps with buffering...but dont know if it raises alk levels.

froggiebunbun

Well here's some updates:

1)Had my first casualty, it was the red cap that a local reef club member gave me...it RTNed

2)Removed the red and blue mushrooms on the right corner, they weren't opening up all the way in my tank. So, I gave them to my mom to put in her nanocube lol Yes...reefing runs in the family.

3)The cup is for housing a pink zoa polyp I found on the sandbed underneath the mushroom rock. THere's som rubble in there for it to attach to.

Here's a most recent FTS. Look! My tank is barfing all the money I spent on it!

post-14807-1138855344_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

this tank by far my fav. it just seems right to me... im getting a 20 long (upgrading from a 10) and hoping it will look as good as yours. i like the long and shallow

froggiebunbun

thanks for the kind words again accord, dubs (good luck with your tank) and maeda

played around with the cam and just took some pics

post-14807-1142228281_thumb.jpg

post-14807-1142228293_thumb.jpg

post-14807-1142228303_thumb.jpg

post-14807-1142228308_thumb.jpg

post-14807-1142228317_thumb.jpg

post-14807-1142228325_thumb.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

very nice! but did you change out some of the rock or reaquascape? it doesn't seem to be as peaked and valleyed as before. or is the corals growing in evening out the "height"?

i miss the neon green algae. i thought that was pretty cool. B)

froggiebunbun

thanks adins

you got a good eye tiny. It rescaped it a it when I removed a defective heater from the back...I couldn't get it quite back the way it used to be with the high peak. I also took that shot from the more downward angle so maybe that added to the low looking scape. I miss the neon green rock too...on a good note, I see alot of purple coralline spots here and there. :/

Archived