Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

16 gallon bow reef wall biotype - dialup beware

masterswimmer

masterswimmer

Philip, thank you. Imitation is the kindest form of flattery. Nothing I did is patented. Please feel free to use any/all/some of my ideas. Keep in mind, on my CSS 65, I did not use the bubble diffuser at all. My mods will show the pvc I used on the discharge.

10" Red Devil, I appreciate the kind words and the constructive criticism as well. I believe you might be looking at the picture of the 'wall' with the camera flash on. This obviously illuminates the tank from the front. When the tank only lights are on, the eggcrate is much less visible. Besides, I'm kind of hoping that when the corals grow out they aid in masking some of the 'flaws'. We all strive for perfection, it's not always attainable.

ClowningAround, thank you.

Ethan, what can I say.....thanks and don't be a stranger my young friend. Don't always believe everything you hear. Or at least be wise enough to formulate your own opinions.

Travis, thanks for getting my back. Constructive criticism is not a bad thing. They make vanilla, chocolate and strawberry because people like different things. Can't please all the people all the time. I appreciate the kind words, thanks.

NanoGal13, You're too kind. Thank you. Please post a link to your tank pix when you move forward. I'd love to see it.

flick, thanks.....lol, you got it. Next post of mine will have a FTS, in your honor.

BJK2, thank you too. Inspirational, wow. I feel so televangical, lol. I do want to see that pic. Make sure you link me to it.

Here you all go. Thanks for 'pushing' me. January 23, 2005:

FTSJan2005.jpg

Russ

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
masterswimmer

Here's a couple more pix of this weeks additions (as promised).

Green ring purple blue Acan Echinata:

GreenRingbluepurpleAcanEchinata.jpg

Red & Green Micromussa:

RedandGreenMicromussa.jpg

Thanks for looking everyone,

Russ

got some eggcrate today and painted, I'm picking up some used liverock this afternoon, hopefully I'll have imitation pics later, though I don't think my rock will be as nice as your's!

masterswimmer

Tiger thanks. Had to be done. The collection cup was just waaaay too small.

Phillip, good luck. And I'm sure it'll look better. You've had a chance to learn from all my mistakes. And make sure you link me to your thread. I want to admire your work.

Russ

masterswimmer

Flick, thanks.

Samoyed, thank you too. Monti's are in the big tank. If I put monti's in this little guy it would start growing out the top!

I'm sort of saving the 'wall' for some more exotics. Besides, there is one monti cap down low. Green w/purple rim. Has the green, the purple is not colored up yet.

Russ

Tiger thanks. Had to be done. The collection cup was just waaaay too small.

Phillip, good luck. And I'm sure it'll look better. You've had a chance to learn from all my mistakes. And make sure you link me to your thread. I want to admire your work.

Russ

Nope, I screwed mine up. I thought, hey I don't need to make mine U shaped like yours, because I plan to support it differently, well I forgot from the side I can see 5" of empty space behind the wall. So now I've either got to take the whole thing out and redo, or make another little wall to sneak in behind it. DAMMIT.

Hell. Maybe I'll just fill it with rubble and paint the side of the tank black. Maybe I'll take it down tomorrow and put the rock in "normally"

pics are in my tank thread, don't want to hijack yours any further

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=77676

• 1 month later...
masterswimmer

It's been awhle. I thought I would update this thread with a few new additions I've made.

Here's a hot new Chili Coral I added underneath a designed overhang for it:

ChiliCoral.jpg

Next is a moonlight shot of my Yellow Leather:

YellowLeathernightlights.jpg

And a Green Mushroom (one of MANY) that hitchiked in on my LR:

Greenshroom.jpg

Russ

Just a couple more.

Here's a shot of a Red/Blue Mushroom rock.......ohhhhhh baby, this one is smokin:

wholerockwithshrooms.jpg

Here's a macro shot of one polyp of the above 'shrooms:

Redshroomfrontshot.jpg

Russ

ethan29nano

Russ!!! Tank looks great...Any new "exotics" yet? Im having awesome growth from that monti frag...I'll pm you some pics...The blue tort has changed also

Besides the argg thread hijack , lets see an fts!

masterswimmer

miston & Carinya thank you very much for taking the time to look and let me know your impression of the setup. It means a lot.

Russ

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
masterswimmer

Ok, I know it's been almost forever since I've updated any pix. Taking any FTS in a bowfront tank has been unbelievably frustrating. So I've only got some individual pix. There has been one fish added to the tank and he's doing really well. A Fu Manchu Lionfish now calls the wall his home.

Yellow Coco Worm:

YellowCocoWorm.jpg

Red & Green Trachyphyllia:

RedGreenopenbrain.jpg

Neon green tip Frogspawn:

NeontipFrogspawn.jpg

Fu Manchu video:

th_FuManchuLionfishvideo.jpg

Archived