Pod Your Reef

Pico Contest Group Buy! v.General Discussion

oogie

Ok, I will organizing a group buy for this contest so we can reduce the cost for participating even more. Now, I am initially thiking, some kind of PC setup for basic cat., and 70W MH retrofit for custom cat. Let me know how this sounds, and also, if you have fixture you want to recommend go right ahead!

BTW, I am just helping and I will NOT be in the contest. So whatever you guys want, I will do it.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'm in on a group buy for sure. looking to pick up both pc lighting for the pico and mh for another tank.

we have multiple sponsors that probably would quote us a price on lighting. should also give them an opportunity for our biz.

Originally posted by oogie

I was thinking maybe we can do group buy on this light.Coralife 12"  Aqualight - 2 x 18 Watts  

That would give us 36 Watts. Should be good enough for most corals u guys will jam pack it in there.

But then again, its not up to me. LOL

I can just recommend lights but you guys andn-r.com has to accept it.

36 watts sounds like a lot for a 2.5, but trust me it's not enough... unless you're only doing softies. I'm not buying, but I would personally go MH group buy.

Yeah thats true. I have 150W MH on both 5G and 10G. I also habve 70W MH on NC6. So I know thats not lots of light but... in spirit of Basic cat., we need to find lights that will pretty much work out of the box. 2.5 is so small that, there are not many options out there. But 36 watt will be enough keep softies and some of LPS.

Originally posted by phergus_25

I'm in for the PC setup. how much $$$ are we talkin?

No IDEA yet. but.... I already started talking to CCJUNG of nanocustoms.com about it. I think he is away now but as soon as he gets back, I will work out the deals with him.

Originally posted by oogie

No IDEA yet.  but.... I already started talking to CCJUNG of nanocustoms.com about it.  I think he is away now but as soon as he gets back, I will work out the deals with him.

Chris has the 2 x 18w PC Retro Kit @ $35.95,

and I thought that was a great price.

If he can do a group buy for even less it would be a SMOKE’N HOT deal.

http://nanotuners.nanocustoms.com/nanotune...&products_id=34

Originally posted by Rick J G

Chris has the 2 x 18w PC Retro Kit @ $35.95,

and I thought that was a great price.

If he can do a group buy for even less it would be a SMOKE’N HOT deal.  

http://nanotuners.nanocustoms.com/nanotune...&products_id=34

Then you'd have to build a hood. :( Don't think that would work for the Stock catagory.

I think something like the Coralife 2x18 hood is what we need.

Then you'd have to build a hood.  Don't think that would work for the Stock catagory.

I was under the impression that stock would be allowed a canopy and base however the official rules arent written up yet so we have no way of knowing.

Secondly a group buy works when you gather enough ppl together in a mass purchase of a certain item a retailer will signifigantly lower the price (usually need 10+ ppl to make it work)

Originally posted by mik

I was under the impression that stock would be allowed a canopy and base however the official rules arent written up yet so we have no way of knowing.

Could you please pose the question Hoods/Bases with the stock category over in the contest thread? It's something that should be discussed.

:)

Hey Gil i already did ask that question in the thread

Also are we allowed to have canopies for retro lighting in stock?

I guess nobody noticed it though. I'll repost it later anyways.

Originally posted by mik

Hey Gil i already did ask that question in the thread

I guess nobody noticed it though. I'll repost it later anyways.

You know. I think I may start a new thread tonight for rules discussion only. There is alot of other stuff being talked about in the announcement thread. I am having trouble following it (moving fast).

Archived