SaltCritters.com

Babycakes' 9g Jebo sps garden and zootopia

Babycakes

okay, straying from reefing here's a pic of my favorite animal, TEDDY BEAR!

my ultra cute bichon frise, Teddy Bear!

teddddy!.JPG

i actually like him better when he looks tubby because he has so much fur..for example:

newbed.JPG

or one of my faves

funny%20looking%20teddy.jpg

the many looks of Teddy

teddy%20hair.jpg

camera pic collage

Teddy.jpg

and don't forget the famous "Neverending story dog" look

13889teddy_haircut.JPG

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Impressive glitter zoos fofr real!

where did you get the clavs? I've been looking all over for them, I had to pass one up at a LFS because I was moving my NC and didn't have any room for it... I was very disappointed too :( I'm still thinking about it obviously. LOL

lol thanks zoogirl! yeah he's a cutie! your dog's a cutie too! i was all giggly when i looked at your pics, i really love the before and after pictures

lol reefin300, the place i got them at sold out already but i think atlantisaquarium.net has them

Love those Zoos
thanks guys for the sweet comments!

i went back to my place for a bit and i saw that the rbta was on the move! and was heading straight for my acan echinata collection! :angry: i'm gonna probably have to move the echinatas back to the shallow tank, blah.

here's a NIGHTSHOT pic of that rascally devil on the make!

nightrbta.JPG

see that little space to the right? that's where it's supposed to be!

i was able to redirect it by taking a turkey baster and blowing at it's foot towards the direction i wanted it to go.

Hi Janie

B) Those are cool BTA and your collection of zoos are awesome.....did you get the arozcaldo I sent you....hehehehe lols.....

Hi Janie! The tank is looking fabulous as always! You're going to have to hook a fellow zoo addict up! LOL I am doing really well with my RBTA! Thank you for the great link :) I cannot get my clown to host in him though *gggrrrrr*! Any ideas?

i read two methods that seem like a good idea. one is to shine a flashlight at the anemone at night so that the clown will notice it, the other is to get one of those veggie clips that look like a clownfish and to place it next to the anemone and then your clown will be like 'hey, what's he doing there!' and go there. that or patience....lots and lots of patience. you can also try dropping the clowns food on the rbta's area.

Love those Zoos

Hi Janie,

Yes it is me thought I would keep in touch with you here as well and met few nice person her handle is sadielynn bought some zoos and will send them today.

hey cool site maybe I should set up a nano, I do have an empty tank 12 gal still thinking though

• 2 weeks later...

nothing new to report, well i have some new sps, my rbta is now a bright reddish orange and it's bigger, and some of my zoo colonies are melting or closing......like for example my glitter zoos. i had this huge colony of new glitter zoos and they were melting so i dipped them and now there's only 1 polyp left!!! PITA! and my new solomon clove colony was closed so i dipped those too, now they're not opening and they have shriveled stalks...god.

so other than those losses everything is fine.

oh yeah, i submitted this photo at www.nanotank.com contest. if you have a membership there, vote for me! i really wanna win a nanocube6

fall0512.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Alright I've been following your posts for awhile now. Awesome aquariums! Seen pictures of your awesome aquriums, see pictures of the huggable doggys, now what about a picture of you standing next to the aquarium. LOL

seriously, awesome tank!

Kevin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

wow...............................seems so long ago that i was so into this EXPENSIVE HOBBY

just wanted to say i stopped reefin.

due to the high maintenance, my crazy shopaholic habits on coral (clothes, shoes, etc) $$$!!, and the fact that my tank DIED under the care of one of my girl friends during winter vacation '05 (I grieved for the longest time :( and i was uneccessarily mad at my friend for a brief moment)

so anyways.

some advice to newbie reefers:

-only spend what you need and not what you want

-realize that saltH2O reefs are VERY high maintenance ($$, time, and research)

-and makes sure you have a very well trained tanksitter if you decide to go on vacation

I'll probably end up doing this hobby again in the future... but not until I'm married, have a house, and have a good amount of $$ and time on my hands.

so take care guys and best of luck! :)

I'll probably end up doing this hobby again in the future... but not until I'm married, have a house, and have a good amount of $$ and time on my hands.
ok, marry me then. :haha:

i don't think my wife won't mind. it's for a good cause. :lol:

we're were wondering what happened to you. sorry to hear your tank died though. :( it was gorgeous!

c'mon, get a little tank.

you know you want to.

just an itty-bitty one. ;)

Archived