Pod Your Reef

Babycakes' 9g Jebo sps garden and zootopia

Babycakes

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol chris, i swear there are a lot of flips on this forum. lol, ms.international 2005? that's a first ;)

Wow, the rbta is alot smaller than i thought. Perfect size though.

Awsome tank!

thanks for the compliment, Pili! tank isn't perfect yet,lots of frags lying around and i still have to hide all the darn powerheads and equipment somehow (all without drilling the tank). and yeah the rbta IS SMALL! and perfect for a 10g! i've been feeding it some frozen brine shrimp each day and it's opening up more and more each day. :D

Here are some pics for Karen the zoaholic :happy:

pink lemonades

pinklemonades.JPG

shot from side of the tank

fireice.JPG

these awesome bright greens

blindingzoos.JPG

new favorites! glittery pink lemonades!

favorites.JPG

The MOST horrible thing just happened to my tank!

the HOB filter i had cracked and while i was sleeping it was sucking water from the tank and it was leaking it through the crack and onto the carpet. So when i woke up more than 1/3 of the tank water was gone!! :wacko:

Most of the sps was exposed and a couple of huge zoanthid colonies! i removed all the zoanthid colonies and put them in my other tank,added more salt water, took off the sps that were bleached or broke off the pieces that were bleached, and did another water changed...pretty hectic! :scarry::scarry::scarry::scarry:

I got a huge new HOB filter from petsmart, it's so huge i was able to put in my maxijet1200 and hang the aquac remora on the back of it! so no more ugly huge powerhead in the tank.

i attached a picture to show how much water was actually in the tank

post-13889-1129507210_thumb.jpg

The MOST horrible thing just happened to my tank!

the HOB filter i had cracked and while i was sleeping it was sucking water from the tank and it was leaking it through the crack and onto the carpet. So when i woke up more than 1/3 of the tank water was gone!! :wacko:

Most of the sps was exposed and a couple of huge zoanthid colonies! i removed all the zoanthid colonies and put them in my other tank,added more salt water, took off the sps that were bleached or broke off the pieces that were bleached, and did another water changed...pretty hectic! :scarry::scarry::scarry::scarry:

I got a huge new HOB filter from petsmart, it's so huge i was able to put in my maxijet1200 and hang the aquac remora on the back of it! so no more ugly huge powerhead in the tank.

i attached a picture to show how much water was actually in the tank

that's similar to what happened to my VA18g last x-mas break :(

good thing it was only overnight, i think most of your goodies will recover. btw, you have a very beautiful tank!! GO TRUE PERCS! :)

thanks daniel! and it's not a true perc, it's an onyx perc but i guess they're basically the same except onyxs has a recessive gene that makes it more black. but yeah, where's YOUR updates? i want to see your tank back in action :D

you have some awesome zoanthids, I especially like the glittery pink and pink lemonade zoos. nice looking RBTA too! glad you didn't lose too much and caught that crack in time!

thanks reefin300! maybe we could make a trade someday? 2 polys of my glittery pinks for 2 polyps of the zoos on your avatar? ;) lol

yeah i didn't lose much, most of the zoos that were on the top recovered and i just lost some sps.

omgosh, if ididn't have that rbta i would've went for this beautiful bta from drmaccorals!

Speckled%20Bubble%20tip%20Anemnone.jpg

it's gorgeous!

i'm sorta wishing i had 2 anemones now :D lol

Nice work Babycakes. That really is a nice and colorful rbta. I am also possibly interested in a black onyx, where did you get yours? I like how you have so much exposed surface for corals on your rock.

Keep up the good work

ahh so it's an onyx!

i like how the 3rd bar isn't formed yet, very unique. post some before and after pix when he gets darker ... it'd be cool to see the progress

i got him or her...lol :D from www.Rods-reef.com

rod beuhler is an awesome guy and he really does know his true onyx percs! i was assured that Marge would turn out to be a true onxy: black belly, black between the bars, and hopefully black top dorsal fin.

i'll start to post a pic of her once a month to show her progress :D

once xmas break passes i'll try to get a 'Homer' juvenile for her to buddy up with.

For Sale? :huh:

my very healthy rainbow echinatas

rainbow1.JPG

ocrainbow1.JPG

i may have some people interested in these but if not then i'll post these in the Classifieds w/ prices and a whole lotta more pics of them.

i'm getting a Homer after winter :)

Beautiful tank and gorgeous RBTA BTW!!

I have a question...when you say "Homer" are you referring to a Simpson Clown? My LFS had what they called a Simpson Clown and I was wondering what exactly that was and why did they want so much moolah for the bugger! :huh:

oh lol zoogirl, i never knew there were simpson clowns! but yeah homer is the name of my future onyx percula clown :)

Ha...OK. I guess I'll have to go back to the LFS and ask them what exactly is a "Simpson" Clown. I'd never heard of them before myself. Probably just an excuse to charge more. :P

glitter zoo colony and yeah i know they're AWESOME :P

new1.JPG

i kid you not about this color. it is more bright purple in person.

new3.JPG

this is actually my 3rd colony of solomon clavs! a rock fell on the first and the second was poorly shipped.

new2.JPG

new4.JPG

Archived