Cultivated Reef

Babycakes' 9g Jebo sps garden and zootopia

Babycakes

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

J-Bass is obviously Filipino =P...

Thanks Baby--how long is your anniversary for? I'm a musicals freak myself...took my boyfriend to see Les Miserables once and he was hooked ever since but I travel to NY and London's Drury Lane once every couple years just to catch up with the newest stuff. When Wicked comes your way--you should check that out as well. If you have IM, my screen name is witneyscout right now if you need some help on gift ideas.

I think an iPod nano would be cool--although I'm anti-iPod now, my 40gb is a piece of ######...they have battery life issues after a while and Apple thinks that sending me a $50 gift certificate will compensate for the $450 I spent on the iPod...bastards.

There's been a rash of stories about the iPod nano's screens breaking/cracking within days of purchase. I'd at least wait until Apple gets that figured out and fixed. Although, I must say that the iPod nano does look friggin' sweet!

You could always have a romantic home-cooked meal by candlelight and then go out to the play if you don't want to shell out more money for an expensive restaurant. :)

Originally posted by rbaby

Bah--cooking...I burned my arm once by making my boyfriend his favorite chocolate souffle--in my opinion...buy it or let him cook =P...haha...

Janie could make it a joint cooking effort - she'll do the food prep, and her bf could do the actual cooking with hot pots & pans. Sounds like a reasonable plan to refrain from getting burned. ;)

Originally posted by J-Bass

Get him a box of ensaymada from Goldilocks bakeshop.

sorry dude, he doesn't like those! i brought over a box once when i came back from houston and he was like 'there's cheese?!' lol.

oh btw i'm filipino and he's chinese/mountain taiwanese. lol i like saying he's a mountain taiwanese.

did you know an ipod nano weighs less than 8 quarters?! :woot:

OMG WINNIE! YOU LOVE ATF TOO?!?! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! i record them on my tivo since they run late...yes i have TiVo. :/ oh yeah winnie, apple (at barton creek) would get shipments of the nanos the same day and it would be gone within hours.

here's a story about how indestructible the ipod nanos are http://arstechnica.com/reviews/hardware/nano.ars/3

that article is freaking hilarious, they drop it, sat on it, threw in the air and etc to try to break it.

oooh chocolate souffle! i can't cook that, i need some ramekins! i love french food. we're eating french this friday. lol i don't usually use aim anymore, if you have xanga or facebook....

:happy:

shaz i'll pm you back now

• 2 weeks later...

onyx_big.jpg

guess who this is???? :*

MARGE! a onyx percula juvie, hopefully her top dorsal will fill out and her third bar will develop. i'm getting a Homer after winter :)

I got my rbta today!!

I dripped acclimated it for 1 hr, stirred the water with a turkey baster every once in a while for circulation. And with a gloved hand i put it in the tank on the spot i saved for it on the LR and wallah!

here's the picture of it after 4hrs in my tank, when it moved a certain direction i would gently blow on it with the turkey baster on it's foot. so far it's been stuck in one spot for a while and it's been 6hrs. hopefully it'll stay there!

newrbta.JPG:D

thanks guys for the sweet comments!

i went back to my place for a bit and i saw that the rbta was on the move! and was heading straight for my acan echinata collection! :angry: i'm gonna probably have to move the echinatas back to the shallow tank, blah.

here's a NIGHTSHOT pic of that rascally devil on the make!

nightrbta.JPG

see that little space to the right? that's where it's supposed to be!

i was able to redirect it by taking a turkey baster and blowing at it's foot towards the direction i wanted it to go.

Reefer Addict
I got my rbta today!!

I dripped acclimated it for 1 hr, stirred the water with a turkey baster every once in a while for circulation. And with a gloved hand i put it in the tank on the spot i saved for it on the LR and wallah!

here's the picture of it after 4hrs in my tank, when it moved a certain direction i would gently blow on it with the turkey baster on it's foot. so far it's been stuck in one spot for a while and it's been 6hrs. hopefully it'll stay there!

newrbta.JPG:D

Sooo purty....

some pictures! and i got Marge today, my juvi onyx clown

:D

rbta 10mins after lights turned on

rbta2.JPG

Marge during acclimation:

marge1.JPG

Ah so close but so far away! she hasn't hosted to the rbta yet -_-

marge2.JPGmarge3.JPG

Friggin awesome tank and I love the RBTA! It's a shame they have a mind of their own when it comes to where they will stay in the tank. That's been the only reason why I've held off on getting one myself :) Keep up the amazing job!

thanks karen! yeah the rbta gave me a scare when i saw it move the first night it was in my tank but thankfully it has moved back to the spot i wanted it to be at and hopefully it won't move! here's a pic of it from the top.

topddown.JPG

i wonder if the red will pop out more if i had actinics :P

Archived