inTank Media Baskets

Coral crazys' 2.5 Gallon tank with MH, will update often..Will have pics.!

coralcrazy

Hi guys, here we go...

I am starting up a tank that is an 8x8x9 tank, made by Summers of Reef central. Anyway i am going all out with this tank. This tank will take me a couple of months to be done. Being that i am in college spending my hard earned money on beer, i mean books. Anyway i ordered a bunch of stuff from here..i got two items from a member named..Waveguy2..had to plug him.. gave me good deals and also shipped when he said he did, very happy with him.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

here are the specs of the tank...

70 Watt MH, Icepobe Chiller w control both from waveguy2, 2 fans for the hood, hood made by HogWinslow on this site..can't wait to get it. Also i will have to cut a hole in my red sea filter to stick the iceprobe on...The coral information will come around Jan..I will order some coral from Seacrop. Here are some pics on what i am doing..

Oh yea one more thing.. i am going to put a moon light from Thelebos off ebay...Once again this will take time to finish this tank but i will updated whenever i get new items.. here are all the pics so far..

these screen are going to be used to acclimate the new corals, i will put them for around 3-4 weeks, slowly taking a sheet away ever 3-5 days, i got this idea from somewhere on this forum..

these are 12 volt adapters that are going to be used to run the fans on the hood. I cut the tips of and split them.. I don't really know which one is positive and negative..Which is a really bad thing..i am to young to die...LOL, anyway they will hook up to these..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...me=STRK:MEWN:IT

in case this link doesn't work they are PANASONIC PANAFLO JAPAN SUPER QUIET 80mm CASE FAN 80 mm.

next is my crappy job with a red sea nano filter, i really didn't have my dremel on me, i forgot it at home :), so i used a switch blade and ended up heating it so that the knife would melt the plastic, It looks funny without the iceprobe on it.

The final pic i will post today will be the red sea filter with the iceprobe.. First off the ice probe is huge.. a lot bigger than i thought..It looks really funny but this is how its going to be..LOL

Originally posted by coralcrazy

next is my crappy job with a red sea nano filter, i really didn't have my dremel on me, i forgot it at home

okay just got the fans today...sorry guys i will not be able to get a pic of the tank till this weekend when i go home to pick it up..Anyway here are the pics of the fans.

...just thought of a new idea.. i need an auto top off unit...Any way i will try to post as much as i can...since this is the start of the semester i have no work, but i know i will have lots.. Once again thank you for looking any thoughts or suggestions will help. :)

you should enter this into the pico contest. I'm gonna be doing something a little like yours... but even more crazy!

Jared

neanderthalman

Hey coralcrazy, the only person with the info on whether or not you need two AC adapters is you. What is the current draw of the fans - they should be labeled in mA, and what is the current output of the AC adapters.

Assuming the AC adapters are identical and the fans are identical, then so long as one AC adapter has a current output at least double that of the current draw of the fan, then you can use a single AC adapter. 1000mA = 1A, in case they are labeled differently.

Archived