inTank Media Baskets

T. crocea

il0vepez

If you turn up the saturation so much, then sure. :rolleyes:

Two weeks is NO indicator of health. Again... :rolleyes:

Didn't touch the saturation. Just total contrast and brightness (not by color, that is). Notice the live rock in the background, and you can see some algae, too. I will submit a new post with sat turned up.

Quit making new posts and cluttering up the board...Just keep it to one. Jeez.

Not hate, just irritation... You're killing an animal because you refuse to accept that it needs better conditions. Why don't you just buy a Gonipora, blue ribbon eel, and madarin goby while you're at it, and throw those in there? Grr.

Originally posted by Caesar777

Not hate, just irritation... You're killing an animal because you refuse to accept that it needs better conditions. Why don't you just buy a Gonipora, blue ribbon eel, and madarin goby while you're at it, and throw those in there? Grr.

american pig. clever avatar :D

~randy

Heheh.. I enjoy it. It says "we love American pork" in Japanese. (I think--I don't speak it...It could well say, "I'm a big, stupid moron with an ugly face...")

God Caesar? Any particular reason for flaming this guy with a question on the health of his clam? (any threads I missed or somthing?)

Which btw looks to be completely healthy to me thus far.

Check his other threads. It's the fifth in a line of many. Long story short, it's in a 2-month-old 12 gallon nanocube with stock lighting.

Listen, its just a clam. If I want to experiment with some clams, then let me. I eat clams. Mmmm... clams.

Your metal halide lamps use power, which comes from burning fossil fuels, which pollutes the air and water. Have you ever thought about your hypocrisy?

If you were truly environmentally conscious and eco-friendly, then you would have purchased a tank made of recycled glass and stocked it with aquacultured critters that could survive on window light and no electricity and feed them organic feed.

So what if I kill my clam? MY clam, not YOUR clam. Its MY $40, not YOUR $40. So leave me alone, PLEASE!!!!

he makes a good point.

let him try to grow the clam. if it dies it dies and we can all laugh at him. if it lives it lives and we can all run out and get these clams in stock 12g stocks. we may not understand why he is doing it, but he is and that is that.

Sorry to butt in here, but it seems like there is a happy medium between the two positions:

How about you see how it does, and if it begins to show any signs of stress, you find it another home? There's nothing wrong with pushing the envelope a bit; anyone who disagrees has no business with a nano :lol: - just make sure you have a plan in place in case things don't go as you hope. No reason to kill a beautiful clam.

BTW, based on the picture it looks good - the mantle looks good and it doesn't appear to be gaping.

Good deal. Mind you, I'm not saying you'll need to. Granted it's only been a couple of weeks, but that is enough time for it to start showing signs of stress. If that is a recent picture, then you may actually have a success story.

yeah il0vepez, keep us posted with the progress!!!

Caesar777: Don't use any medication anymore when you are sick. All of these medications came from experiments that is done on "poor" animals, which I sacrifice three everyday for the sake of my experiments. il0vepez wants to experiment with his OWN clam, stop bashing him... I am constantly getting annoyed by you here...

Save for on eperson this thread has turned into a collective of moronic ideas!

OMG guys. YEAH KILL THE CLAM ITS JUST A CLAM!!!

THAN GO OUT IN THE OCEAN AND RAPE THE REEF FOR MORE!!!!!

THERES MORE DONT WORRY ABOUT IT!!!!!

Newbs to salt water obviously as well as new to conserving any sort of life.

Originally posted by Reef_Mad_Man

Save for on eperson this thread has turned into a collective of moronic ideas!

OMG guys. YEAH KILL THE CLAM ITS JUST A CLAM!!!

THAN GO OUT IN THE OCEAN AND RAPE THE REEF FOR MORE!!!!!

THERES MORE DONT WORRY ABOUT IT!!!!!

Newbs to salt water obviously as well as new to conserving any sort of life.

No Snoop, not well said. Being well said requires sentence structure, normal punctuation, correct spelling, and appropiate capitalization. Being able to type doesn't hurt either.

(1) I'm not trying to kill my clam. I would only kill clams I planned on eatng.

(2) I didn't get it from a reef, it was aquacultured.

(3) Yes, there are plenty of more crocea.

(4) Please talk less and think more. Believe it or not, I have 80 acres in middle Georgia that is a wildlife area. We were on the migration route of the wood duck. Then, we found about 200 shotgun shells on the banks one day. It's been 4 years and still no ducks. Your little aquarium bull###### doesn't compare to damming the only spring for 20 miles and creating an ecosystem that gets you a different tax status. Just to have it destroyed by cheap beer, guns, and ignorance.

(5) Please recognise that my aquarium and your own both have negative impacts upon ecosystems all over the world that will never be undone. I just heard a public service announcement today about changing to lower power lighting, "The times change unless your a swine", in reference to an "energy hog". Your system's net effect is largely to burn fossil fuels and mine actual ecosystems.

(6) Please do not look down at "newbs" or people you believe to be "newbs".

Honestly, what the hell is your problem? Both of you and caesar need to realize that anonymity does not equal the right to be rude and reckless.

Let me just repost what I put in your other thread, pez.

I'm trying to be genuine, here. Look, pez, the main issue is that you've seen this very experiment fail time and time again....It's not a new thing, this "putting clams under fluo/led's" idea. Maybe if you wanted to try matching LED's in wattage (like a whole canopy full of them), or something new that hasn't been tried, or tried much, or done correctly. But this isn't some noble experiment, just "I don't want to buy MH but I want an animal that requires it". The issue isn't just this one clam; it's the hundreds of thousands of corals, fish, and inverts that die this very same way. Because "so many people have failed when doing this, but I'm different...I'm smarter." You may well be, but it doesn't make a difference to the clam--it's still under too low of light, and of lesser quality, than it needs.

Snoop:

Never killed a duck. I killed a dove once when I was 12. I haven't gone hunting since.

Caesar:

I like how your malice has almost disappeared, but please bear in mind that these clams outdate MH by many lifetimes.

I can assure you that the largest obstacle in keeping crocea will not be the light requirements, but rather water conditions. It is beyond my explanation why I have recieved so much grief about lighting and so little about water volume.

Archived