Innovative Marine Aquariums

Pico video with mantis shrimp

ninjafish

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fish..... hey, i was just curious on where you got your mantis shrimp. Im trying to locate one for a small thank such as yours and so far its been really difficult unless i want to pay 50 bucks for shipping. (way to much for my slim college budget...... i dont have money as it is to get him, but i WANT one so bad!) lemme know, thanks

thanks man...I was asking because that's a WICKED sound! I've found like 5 of their songs - it's like a cross between 3 Doors Down and Godsmack...

mickey,

I totally agree - I bet they are going to be pretty big in no time!

- Chad

Fish..... hey, i was just curious on where you got your mantis shrimp. Im trying to locate one for a small thank such as yours and so far its been really difficult unless i want to pay 50 bucks for shipping. (way to much for my slim college budget...... i dont have money as it is to get him, but i WANT one so bad!) lemme know, thanks

I know what you are going through, infact, it is even harder here in Canada. The only species that the LFS can order in is peacock. The only place that could gaurantee a g. smithii said that it would cost me over $150US due to exporting costs. The best way of getting one is to hit the local forums and LFS's and tell everyone what you are looking for and keep checking back. One will turn up as a hitchhiker somewhere and it is just a matter of timeing! I have a friend who just found one in his tank and wanted to get rid of it so he took it into the LFS and they would only give him $5 for it. You just need to be johny-on-the-spot when a LR shipment comes in or another hobbyist catches one in their tank and is about to flush it...

Good luck with your hunt, let me know what you turn up.

- Chad

drinks on me...haha jk..but wow...freaking awesome all the way! :)

Haha thanks bear! I'm glad you like it, but, uh... can I have my lady back now? :P

- Chad

Archived