ReefCleaners.org

A new baby has been born

SLOreefer

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

where'd you pick up the seio from?? 620 or 820? i hope you didn't pay retail like i had to. 60 bucks is quite expensive for an ok pump. :D

i got the seio from AC, i didnt pay retail. i got the 620 cause pf power consumption and i was scared to add an 820 to the other 620 since i have sand. now i kinda wish i had gone witht he 820. who knows, maybe i'll adda 3rd, or a closed loop. dont know yet.

oh and i put a frag of my orange monti in the new tank, so far it looks good and the best part is the skeleton is turning green. i knew it had green tints but i didnt think it was the bright green with orange polyps monti!

looking really good. so, have you deicded how you gonna do your sump yet?? if you need help, just holla at me.

-stan

thanks man, i havent decided yet cause i havent decided on a skimmer. im thinkin euro reef but maybe asm, depends on the footprint of them.

well im working on getting everything together. a local guy has all the cutting tools and whatnot for acrylic so hes going to help me make it, just need to get some time to do it. should be getting done in the next few weeks.

tryin to sell the old tank to pay for the other stuff i need, new skimmer, sump, pump, and seaswirl

hey eric. tank is looking nice with all the frags in there! i just rearranged most of my sps yesterday so i could pull out all that damn caulerpa. i forgot to get my pole from back home yesterday, so i can't fish with you, but i'm still more than willing to go out there with you to see how well ya do(especially since i've got nothing to do today!). i think i'm gonna go check out a few stores...hit me up when you get off.

im not too much into the fake walls. i love this tank because of its size and the fake wall would take up too much of the depth. i hate narrow reefs, the reason i never finished building my 20l i worked on or so long. 12 inches front to back is not enough to work with for my tastes. I got the overflow box and now all i need to do is build my sump and buy a pump.

thanks adin, ya i know its lookin abit fraggy, but i just moved it all out of the nano-cube, of course its gonna look fraggy. the cube hd no room so everything started out a frags and grew to well bigger tank frag size ha ha. i plan on adding some more frags down the line once these ones start to take off.

• 2 weeks later...

t_975.jpg

I finally made it to the local marine club MARS and entered the raffle. good choice guys. barry from clams direct gave a presentation on well...clams and also gave a gift certificate to his store in the raffle. well i won and this clam as the result. this is his pic but it will be getting here later this week.

I also won a roab lavender with green polyp digi and a blueish/brown stag and a digital thermometer...good times

hey danny do you want to order a clam? i can get 2 clams for the same shipping price. im set to recieve the clam i ordered weds and can add another one to that. so if you, stan or anyone else from around here want one let me know and we can work soemthing out. id guess id have to let barry know by tomorrow

i'd like that, but i'm gonna be outta town till friday night.

otherwise, i'd definitely be down! anyway, i'm outta here! time to make the long trip to L.A. :D

t_966.jpg

Ok so i couldnt deal with wasting all that space in the box so i ordered another clam to fill the gap in it...here is the other addition i will be recieving this week

ok some updated pics of the tank

newzoos.jpg

orange polyped green base digi coloring up fast under hte halides

Greenorange.jpg

rainbow acan mini frag that has been growing into an actual full polyp

Rainbowacan.jpg

gotta love these guys

Cloves.jpg

Eagle eyes from www.yourreef.com

eagles.jpg

and my peppermint actually eating an aiptasia

Doinhisjob.jpg

and a mystery frag from the MARS raffle next to my valida from

Mystery.jpg

ya my buddy gave it to me, i think he said it broke off his frag in shipping, hey cant beat free, its coral it grows. the orange/red digi has been with me for about 2 years now and has grown crazy fast no matter what lighting it is under. the colors are just getting awesome now that it is under a 250w halide

Archived