ReefCleaners.org

clams in the sand

abernier

how many people keep their T.Maxima or T.Corcea in their sand beds with out any problems? from what ive read you are supposed to keep them on your rock work, but i have seen many people with these clams in the sand.

I tryed to put mine on some rubble then in my rock work, but he went to the bottom of the tank. He seems to be fine, they just naturally come from rock in the wild

hey phergus_25 do you have a maxima or corcea?(i can never tell the difference) In your experience how hard is it to care for one of these clams?

corcea, he seems to do great, i feed him DTs every now and again a good bit when i do. but hes doing great so far, check out my thread to see him you should be fine, get a larger one atleast 2" 3" would be best then no feeding needed

ya i am getting a 3" one. i found a LFS that has them for $35. very good deal i think. havent seen them yet, but based on the quality of their coral the clams should be great.

Crocea? :)

Either position is fine. Placement up on the rocks is better for light exposure, but many people find that they continually fall off. Thus the sand is a good place; honestly, I haven't heard about the sand problem at all. Unless you have aggressive sand sifters or a crazy-turbulent tank that stirs up the sand, it should be fine.

Archived