SaltCritters.com

Will my torch sting my clam

Blind Tree Frog

Blind Tree Frog

My torch is currently about 3~4 inches from my xenia and about 3 inches from my cabbage leather. Both seem to be doing fine and it's been that way for the last month or so (Rearranged things when i switched tanks). Infact the cabbage often looks thriving and the xenia... well it's xenia; as long as it is pumping it's heads and not overtaking everything I'm fine, but it looks like it's doing fine too.

On the other side though I'm putting a corcea clam (about 3 inches away). Should I be concerned about the torch stinging the clam and move one of them?

Blind Tree Frog

It hasn't bothered anything so far, that is why I didn't think of it at first, but I should be able to move it without problem.

I dunno about corals stinging clams...my one experience with any Cnidarian and my clam was surprising though. My H. mertensii took up residence ON the shell of my T. crocea.

And surprisingly...they were both fine....the clam fully extended it's mantle (brushing up against the tentacles of the H. mertensii) and was fine.

Cheers,

Fred

my clam fell over on my acan lords for what i would guess to be a good 2-3 hours, in that short period of time it got stung pretty harshly, no dead tissue, but what once was blue turned pale white/brown... so i believe it's possible that corals will sting clam flesh if given the opportunity.

Blind Tree Frog

I think it's just a matter of being threatened really. If the torch doesn't feel bothered it won't sting anything.

Archived