Coral Vue Hydros

Clearing up some space sale... (Corals!)

Caesar777

Hey, somebody emailed me yesterday about a Monti cap frag and several other frags, and I deleted it accidentally... Please re-send!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Make sure it's not from a credit card. :) Let me know when you want it shipped out. Thanks!

Sorry, it's been sold. Still available are:

* Galaxea

* A couple of Monti cap frags

* Possibly the pink leather (on hold)

* All the zoos

By the way, if anyone wants a SAND-SIFTING STARFISH, I'll sell him for $10, with no increase in shipping if added to something else. That includes people who have already bought stuff--everything is going out tomorrow, by the way.

I've had him for about three or four months, but honestly, there's so little floor space left in my tank that it's not really fair to him. He's fat and healthy and pretty active, great sand-stirrer.

Box is full

Would I be able to keep it in my 20 gallon? I currently have 2 perc clownd a cleaner shrimp and a six line wrasse. WOuld he eat any of my snails?

No, they only eat small stuff and detritus. Won't kill anything that's visiblet o the naked eye. Might be able to do alright in your 20.. How established is the sand bed? Maybe supplemental feeding would help. I've heard that they should be in larger tanks, but I'm not sure. Anyone else have any input?

Yeah, it'd probably be better off in a larger tank. Took some pics, but they were horrible, so I'll be trying again.

I just had a huge scare my lfs gave me a free dime size aiptasia anemone and told me it was a curly Q i came back put a picture up cause i didn't think that it was a curly Q this was after i had put him in my tank and then freaked out he had crawled into a little hole by that time and i was totally freaking then i got an idea got a piece of plastic tube and blew into the tube and the aiptasia anemone popped out the other side i was so relieved i was like i just bought all these corals and now i being dumb put something in my tank that will kill them when i get here.. sigh very intense

That sucks. Pretty much assume that any small anemone is a pest type that will have similar habits to Aiptasia--Majanos, for example, are "pretty" in some people's eyes, but just as irritating.

But don't worry, Aiptasia isn't as crazy and disastrous as people think. If you only have one, it won't become a thousand unless you do something really wrong.

a little late now but do you have a picture of the 5 inch frag i bought good or bad i'm just curious since i won't see it for like another week since i'm going out of town till monday

no ceasar said she would wait till monday to ship instead because of my conflict at least i thought thats what she said

Yup, don't worry--yours will go out on the 16th as promised, KidCNU. Everyone else's except yours are going out tomorrow. That includes FishFreak, hottoddy, and Rickbirdman (who I did a trade with--cool guy).

Still trying to get some pics, FishFreak.

how hard is the Galaxea for just $10 i am thinking about it i have a 10gal with 110w of pc lighting whats your opinion ?

Easy. You just need to give it space. Really, I had it mounted on a rock with a Blasto wellsi with no problems...for a while, heh. Separated them, of course, and now he's alone in a rock crevice, shielded from the light by my huge frogspawn, but still doing excellent. Its sweeper tentacles (notoriously long on Galaxea) don't extend as far as some I've seen, and it's pretty small to begin with. And, yes, 110 watts on a 10 gallon is definitely enough for most any coral, even some easy SPS like Monti, Pocillopora, etc. Just make sure that the bulbs don't get too old--you'll notice more algae growth and what not, and maybe some fading of corals' colors, and know it's time to change them.

Archived