Pod Your Reef

icenine's nano

icenine

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...not exactly. It's "softer" than the valonia I have seen and it seems to have holes or vents on it that at first lead me to think it was some sort of sponge.

This is what our other pets think of reef keeping, taken while I was doing this weekend's tank maintenance ( "wakes us when something jumps out or you are doing something more exciting than scraping the glass with a credit card .....k?" ):

bareanddingtankcleaning.jpg

Just curiour about a few things.

Is everything stock? Pumps, lights, and you used everything RS provided for the back of the tank? NO live rock rubble or Purigen etc...???

And do you find that things die quite a bit (or at least slowly dwindle until their gone) or am I just doing something wrong?

I just got the RSM and am hoping to get it going soon. I also have a BC29 going but I have lost a number of creatures over the past few weeks. Very frustrating.

Thanks

Just curiour about a few things.

Is everything stock? Pumps, lights, and you used everything RS provided for the back of the tank? NO live rock rubble or Purigen etc...???

And do you find that things die quite a bit (or at least slowly dwindle until their gone) or am I just doing something wrong?

I just got the RSM and am hoping to get it going soon. I also have a BC29 going but I have lost a number of creatures over the past few weeks. Very frustrating.

Thanks

Lights are stock... so are the pumps, save for the HK I added. I use nothing but a bag of carbon and the stock skimmer in the back. ...as for losing animals, not really.

Everyone loses animals now and then. Most of my losses have been due to my own stupidity (i.e I left fleshy LPS in too strong a flow, left agressive corals too close to each other or fragged something to death).

As for your BC29, how long has it been running and what animals have you lost over what time period?

You have nearly 80 thousand view on this thread. Wow. You deserve it. Nice tank and stock!

Keep a thread (and reef) goin for a few years and that will happen.

Thanks!

P.S..... Semi™!!! come back to us.

Wow Ice, Glad to see everything survived all the moves. I just spent an hour reading through this topic. Pretty sweet...I've never dabbled with live coral - but you got skills.

Keep up with the pics, that tank is awesome!

• 3 weeks later...

Nothing exciting, nothing new... just stuff growing out.

The sps I added are doing well, in particular the montis.

Here is that orange polyp jobber when I added it back in what? ..the middle of June I think?

montiJune.jpg

...and this weekend:

OCTsps.jpg

Nothing outstanding or anything, but I think it's looking pretty good. I'm still using a low maintenance approach to sps keeping, no dosing or dripping anything, water changes are the only replenishment.

Ah... every now and then the reefing gods smile upon you.

In this case I had been looking to add a gold maxima for some time now, but was holding out for one that was just right.

Stopped into a LFS tonight that honestly I've never been a huge fan of and low an behold they have among several croceas a huge (as in round about 6") and stunning gold maxima. ...for all of 40 bucks.

B)

Here is a pic after having just dropped it in the tank.

maxima2.jpg

*edit* replaced with a pic the day after....

Thanks!

I replaced the original pic with one I too this evening.... she was a bit more relaxed today and showing a bit more color than in the pic I posted yesterday but most importantly she did not budge from the spot I set her in last night.

I'll try a get a decent FTS this weekend. Things are looking a bit more grown out and a new FTS should look much better than the last.

Oh man, maybe you mentioned it and I am just an idiot, but where did you get that clam! It is gorgeous. I've been eying fragglereef for a few weeks now...they have some sweet clams. I have told myself no more purchases this year. It is so hard to keep to that after looking through your thread. Great tank. And I agree, FTS!

• 2 months later...

Hmmmm... maybe an update is in order?

It has been a while.

The new year may bring lots of new pics of this now three year old reef.

Whoa. I caught a glimpse of this tank somewhere on the internet earlier this year and immediately I thought this has to be one of the most beautiful nano's I've ever seen. Excellent use of macro algae to accent the aquascape, I thought. Right-clicked and saved the pic on my hard-drive. And now I've found the thread! Looking forward to see what your tank looks like today.

Archived