Pod Your Reef

icenine's nano

icenine

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 6 months later...

What the crap... I just spent nearly two hours reading this thread that has been so awesome, only to find out the guy just up and stopped posting? Thats messed up dude. Nonetheless, you have single handedly got me interested in SW fish and I do thank you for that. Also, if you ever read this, I know you're from Chicago and I am from St. Louis so I have to say it... Cubs Suck, Go Cards! :lol:

• 3 months later...

I realize the op probably isn't watching this thread anymore, but maybe some one could help me out. He mentioned several times that the Max was fine being left alone for his vacation and something about not having to worry about top-off. Is this because the MAX doesn't evaporate that much and can go for a couple days to week between top-offs, or is it he add an ATO? Hopefully someone's reading this thread and can help.

Thank you!

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
I would really like to see this nano today. Shame that the gifted reefer has stopped posting.

Thanks for the comments... still have this tank up, however I will be taking it down shortly or turning it into a horse farm. I've pointed my camera elsewhere mostly for the past few years, but I'll see if I've got decent, recent shots.

Most pertinent nano lesson learned since starting this? Unless it dies, it's probably only going to get bigger.

• 2 years later...

Came here looking for some inspiration while I get ready to set this tank up again after a move to Salt Lake City. I realized I never did post anything about the tanks second incarnation. I wound up adding an MP10 and went with mostly softies with a couple RBTAs as the centerpiece. I really liked the tank looking very "flowy" and am leaning towards that direction again.

Dry rock from BRS on order so I guess I'll decide on a plan for the tank based on what the rock inspires me to build the 'scape into.

This was RSM pt II...on to RSM pt III

DSC_0662.jpg

Archived