Innovative Marine Aquariums

Bring on the Yuma's...

Seamus

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

a few more I got thru a trade w/ xoshagox.

The pink undertones are amazing and I think w/ some TLC it will color up well...

0305h.jpg

awesome...i totally gave the pink base colored yuma to my gf. dammit, now i have to go steal them back! i picked them up at a lfs for something like 35 dollars for a rock of 10 or so.

the pink/orange with green ring called it quits on me tigah. i tried to frag them and they did well for a month or so...then all of a sudden they were just a ball of slime. stupid ricordea.

i think what happened was that they didn't get enough flow. i had them in the 10 on the sandbed in a little tupperware kinda cup. went to bed with them looking alright work up and they were slime. still ####ed...but the new stuff i got yesterday makes up for it....somewhat.

Originally posted by davinaster

I got these guys for $30 each at my LFS.  I told her how much they're going for, but when I was there yesterday, she had another one at the same price (Blue Sierra in Issaquah, WA).

I think I may have picked up the last one they had. It was green though, not pink. Maybe we could swap frags once they're grown :)

here is a kinda cool before and after of my yumas:

Before both looked identicle:

yellowpolyps.jpg

Now the one in high light 2 weeks later:

richightlight.jpg

Now the one in low light same time:

riclowlight.jpg

Originally posted by gerlando

I think I may have picked up the last one they had. It was green though, not pink. Maybe we could swap frags once they're grown :)

So the other pinky-orange one was gone? It looked exactly like the second one I posted.

Originally posted by davinaster

So the other pinky-orange one was gone?  It looked exactly like the second one I posted.

The lady working there mentioned she took the second to last one the day before that could have been the pink one. Maybe they had more Rics then any of us realized :)

I'll post mine once it's fully acclimated.

jenniebutterfly

yeah!!!!! i can finally join in. picked these up today

i have 4 of these. green on a purple background (without flash, but true to color)

9765p1240061.jpg

and 9 full size of these orange on grey and a few very small babies on it, you can see them as the green in the pic (taken with flash on so i could get the true color)

9765p_4.jpg

whole colony

9765p_8.jpg

Just for kicks...heres a yuma that died a while back. The only coral I've ever lost.

I've read from quite a few sources not to buy yumas if their mouths are open. Well, I took a chance and it pretty much disintegrated over a months time.

attachment.php?s=&postid=355636

jenniebutterfly

yeah i won't buy any shrooms that have open mouths, just not a good sign. sure they could just be hungry but there is also the chance that it is severly stressed so you should never buy them :)

Originally posted by tMoney

Check out whats up for auction on EBAY !!!  If I had my tank setup thit would be mine! :(

Holy crap that pink yuma sold for 610 dollars. E-bay buyers are nuts.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived