Top Shelf Aquatics

Bring on the Yuma's...

Seamus

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

heres a couple i got, sorry bout the blurry pix, still trying to figure out how some of you guys take such beautiful pix:o

Mike. nice score on the pink yuma. that yuma looks so familiar for some reason, but I can't figure out where I've seen it. oh well. good stuff!

reef hugger
Originally posted by mikedege

heres a couple i got, sorry bout the blurry pix, still trying to figure out how some of you guys take such beautiful pix:o

HOLY CRAP!!! That is a nice pink yuma!!!

thanks D, cost me 100 bux tho, but it looks better in person, i have a cool neon purple/pink one too, but i can only get 1/2 way decent pix of corals close to the glass, the other ones in the back middle! i also got a few cool blastos, i really like, and of coarse my very nice florida. :-) thanks to you, btw they are growing like mad... :)

reef hugger

$100, that's it! A wholesaler in Portland wanted $140 for a blood red yuma! You guys get way better deals down in Cali. :P

My two new ones just got today. I wish I had a pink one like some of the ones posted here.

Reefer Addict and Tigahboy did you get your pink and green yumas from aquadesignz?

yuma1.jpg

yuma2.jpg

I got these guys for $30 each at my LFS. I told her how much they're going for, but when I was there yesterday, she had another one at the same price (Blue Sierra in Issaquah, WA).

My hot pink, which was only half a polyp when I got it, and has filled out nicely:

ric-2-26.jpg

This one is more orange (hard to tell), but still neon colored. Both have bright yellow mouths:

big-ric.jpg

For those of you more yuma-savvy than I... Why do mine look so different from everyone else's? I'm positive they're yumas (or at least not floridas - they've got pseudotentacles on their mouths). Mine seem to be more domed, have longer tentacles, they aren't multi-toned... Could they be one of those "other species" of Ricordia that no one ever talks about? Or even not Ricordia at all?

*Waiting for bubble to be burst*

Originally posted by Tigahboy

Ship one to me, and I can positively ID it for you.  ;)

How 'bout I trade for a rainbow acan ;) right back atcha!

I believe they are yumas, and I know they are gorgeous, it's just that they don't resemble anyone else's. I guess when they start taking over my tank, I can sell them on eBay as "rarely seen in the hobby", which actually describes pretty much everything in my house that's not in my tank! :D

Originally posted by BKtomodachi

Yours are just a bit smaller, davinaster.  Give them time, and feed them if you want them to grow really fast.

i agree, i bet within 6 months ur yuma will grow 150% of its current size and within a year it's going to look "similar" if not identical to tigah's or larnie's pink yumas.

Archived