inTank Media Baskets

My Crocea Thread!!!!

BKtomodachi

I was in the LFS yesterday, talking to the owner... and he says he has a clam in not so good shape, and that he dropped it! On the ground that is, from waist height! It tore the bysall threads right off, and obviously the clam wasnt happy and was closed. So he told me to take it, no charge, home, and see what I can do. So I took it home, and I'm hoping that it'll produce another foot on the rock I placed it on. Crossing fingers here....

So this is just going to me my thread reporting how it does and if I can work through a recovey with it. I'm optimistic.

Gotta show us a pic of this clam. I hope it makes it through. Would be quite a pickup if you can get it healthy again. You should be able to nurse it back to health with some loving care. Would be a shame to lose a crocea due to such a careless error... :( I'm following the thread. (Have to give me a pic, though. ;))

Nah, this guy is great. This is a really rare thing for him to do, though, but I asked and he said its mine forever. Hehe...

Well, good news! It came right out today. I examined its underside for growth of a foot and there isnt much there, but at least the clam is doing alright. I couldnt believe its texture! Its a blue/purple lumpy guy, who really looks more green from above (not through glass).

Here is my basic setup:

-10gal

-autotopoff

-150W DE 20K Ushio halide

-LR natural filtration

I'm not dealing with nutrient levels at all as I currently have no fishy inhabitants... the only thing this tank gets (besides calcium, etc.) is a little bit of phytoplankton a couple times a week. Other inhabitants include SPS, LPS, rics, shrooms, zoos, and turbinaria.

Here they are:

dbae32cb.jpg

ab65734f.jpg

looks like you've got a flatworm party going on in your tank... besides that, the clam looks actually pretty darn healthy for being tossed around... im sure within 2 weeks it's going to look MUCH better

Yeah... its always been the same with the flatworms. They only agitate one colony of zoos... but when I switch over from this tank to another with bigger fuge, I'm either going to not move some of the rock, and what I do move (corals, etc), will get a FWE dip.

Hey thats the same kind of clam I have. Same color from top view. Mine is doing alot better from the last time I posted trying to figure out what it is.

Archived