inTank Media Baskets

Sinistard's 92w Nano Cube Dx

Sinistard

I just got this order in today. Everything looks good so far I'll get some better pictures later after they have been in the tank longer. These are about an hour after acclimation.

12160orangebluezoos-med.jpg

12160redrhodactus.jpg

12160pinkgreenyuma.jpg

12160blueorangeyuma2.jpg

12160bluerhodactus.jpg

12160blueorangeyuma.jpg

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

brianemone -- Thanks I like the new coral I just need to figure out the best places to put them now.

I went to my LFS to pick up a heater and they had these awesome mushrooms (or I think so at least). Some guy had a tank malfunction and sold all his coral to my LFS. There had to be 150-200 polyps of these mushrooms on 5 or 6 big rocks. I got a couple unattached ones. This picture is under daylights they really glow under actinic.

12160redshroom-med.jpg

I got a new heater, a 100w won pro heat Ic heater. I have had a 100w ebo jager for the past month and with it set to 77 I would have fluxuations between 76.5-81.5. I just stuck this new heater in and set it to 79 and it stayed within .2 degrees of 79 between 78.8-79.2. The new heater is smaller and fits in the 3rd chamber much better and it has a remote temp sensor that I put in the middle chamber. I don't know if I just got a bad ebo but I am much more happy with the new heater.

• 4 weeks later...

I made a plexi rear splash guard for my 12g '04 nano cube. I also put a small reflector to reflect some light into the back middle chamber to help with macro growth without adding a light back there. After talking to Chris at nanocustoms I may add and LED over the back if the reflector does not cut it.

Any questions let me know.

plexi.jpg

Damn you really have "the touch" when it comes to photography. Some of the most amazing shots I've ever seen are in this thread! I especially like the pic of your porcelain crab.

Originally posted by VicSkimmr

Damn you really have "the touch" when it comes to photography.  Some of the most amazing shots I've ever seen are in this thread!  I especially like the pic of your porcelain crab.

Thanks, if you have any questions on taking pictures feel free to ask. One good tip is take lots of pictures then keep what you like.

A couple new corals.

Red Trachyphyllias, I got this one to add some red to my tank. I could not convince myself to buy the red yuma I found for 200 bucks so this had to do.

12160Trachyphyllias2-med.jpg

Blasto, not the most exciting but I like it and the rock it's on is a cool burgundy color

12160blasto-med.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I was having some problems with my t-5 lights so I decided to make my cube 96 watts. Now I have 4 24 watt bulbs. 2 actinics, 1 12000/7100, and 1 7100. I do like the look of the lights the only problem I have for now is figuring out were to stick in my moon light.

I made a ballast box out of a double gang outdoor electric box. I installed a switch on the top.

121604x24.jpg

12160ballast_box.jpg

After I installed the 4th 24-watt bulb I no longer had room for it under the splashguard so I decided to stick it in front of the guard. I used aquarium silicon to make sure the ends were sealed and then drilled a hole to run the wire back to the inverter located in the back of the hood.

The light works fairly well were it is. The very back top of the tank does not get a ton of light due to the slash guard blocking it. The light could be moved a bit closer to the water to fix this but I'm going to wait to see how I like it were it is.

12160moonlight.jpg

Here are some updated pictures of my tank.

FTS.jpg

rightside1.jpg

rightside2.jpg

For some reason the hairy mushrooms has been ####ed off the last few days they are normaly 3 times this size

leftside.jpg

frontright.jpg

Sinistard

Thanks.

I have been getting them from several different places. I got a few small pieces from Byerly's Aquarium and one piece from Aquarium Adventures. Byerly’s has the best prices and selection between the two although they are both a bit expensive and it’s hard to find nice small pieces.

I have also got several, actually most pieces from Larry at http://www.cofba.org/users/zeppelin/Larrys...20tank/eden.htm He is located in Pickerington. He is a very nice guy and a pleasure to do business with.

The rest and most of the rare pieces I ordered online from http://www.aquadesignz.com/ If you get together a big enough order it balances out the price although you do have to buy several pieces to make it worth the shipping, I think anyways.

One of the sponsers on nano-reef http://phishybusiness.com/Ordering.PHP is located here in town. I have not got anything from them yet but they seem to get some nice pieces in. They are only open to walk-ins on satarday and I work satardays so I have not been about to get over to see their selection.

Sin,

My reef club here in St.Louis has done numerous group-orders from Phishybusiness and all have raved about the corals from him (name is Serdar). They all appeared to have gotten more than their money's worth. I'd say check his place out. I'd be curious to hear what you think of his facility.

Later,

~B

I've considered ordering from him and i think I will.

I am regular at Byerly's. They have some nice stuff. Aquarium Adventure is a general rip off unless you become a member and then get a 40% off sale ... and then get lucky. ( but isn't that kind of what collecting coral is all about?) I think i will head over there this saturday. I will give a full report if you would like.!!??

Originally posted by jcandler

I've considered ordering from him and i think I will.  

I am regular at Byerly's.  They have some nice stuff.  Aquarium Adventure is a general rip off unless you become a member and then get a 40% off sale ... and then get lucky. ( but isn't that kind of what collecting coral is all about?)  I think i will head over there this saturday.  I will give a full report  if you would like.!!??

If you do make it to Phishy let us know, they always seem to have nice pieces.

Archived