Pod Your Reef

Tigahboy's 67g Reef Project

Tigahboy

Hey Tigahboy you are not going to believe what I just did. I hired a construction guy to come to my apartment to tell me if it was ok for me to place that 60 gallon tank on my floor. Just to make sure the floor wasn't going to cave in. Desperate messures dude, hehe. He saw the floor and said "How much weight is it" I answered about 550 to 600 pounds with total. He said "Ok, let me see, yeah no problem. That will be $$$"

So im set to go dude.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the info, Duke. $20 is definitely a bit expensive and I can't tell from the description on that site if they will work since some are made to fit 1.5" holes and some are meant to fit 1.75" holes (I need 1.5").

But I THINK I got them this time. Placed order w/ customaquatics.com. They didn't have the ones I needed on their website, but I contacted the owner and he said that he'll post it up on the site since and they weren't up there due to some kinda website error. Anyway, so HOPEFULLY these are the correct ones. We'll see when I get them on Tuesday.

The mayan calender ends on December 23, 2012 (Winter Soltice). Most people don't interpret this as the end of the world, more along the lines of the end of life as we know it ( a new beginning of sorts ). What that will mean for us is yet to be seen. What's really unusual about this date though is that it will coincide with a few very very unusual atronomical(thats the science that has to do with stars and planets right) occurrences. Good luck... victory.gif

Originally posted by Tigahboy

Every morning I wake up is another night I didn't kill myself.  =)

YGPM, supernip.

Damn Tigah, you Are crazeir then i thought. :)

But yeah, you can sleep when your dead, have fun and spend money now.

so... what's the deal.

prophecies? i thot we were talking about 1.5'' bulkheads not being made anymore for 3/4 fittings. GET BACK ON TRACK! haha, let's see some progress if u've made any... or any attempts you've made to get this bad boy up and running.

... that fast?

i say it's going to see water around possibly april/may, and will be "fully aquascaped" and ready to add corals and fish sometime around early summer around "mid" june.

My Phoenix 14K 250w bulbs are finally now in stock. They will be shipped out tomorrow so I'll get em on Wed.

My bulkheads (hopefully the correct ones) were shipped out today, so I should be getting them tomorrow.

and I've finalized my sump/fuge design to be made by socalcreations. it's my very own design...I shall call it the "Tigah Sump" aka "TB Sump." haha. =P Now, whether it will truly work?...TBD.

fugedesign3.jpg

so, ur total volume is going to be 22.7 + 67 = 89.7g, roughly ~90g... wowee, impressive dennis!

as for ur sump design, i see no reason why it shouldn't work. only drawback i see is the bubbles created from the refugium teeth -> return section. it's gona fall from 12'' high to whatever level ur return section is at... my guess is like ~8''? this means a 4'' drop, not much, but i think it's enough to be the fault for a few bubbles that return from the pump up to the display. but honestly speaking, u got 14'' of space, i guess if bubbles turn out to be a problem, u can always put some sort of sponge or chemiclean/phosphate removing sheet or whatever to reduce bubbles. either way, it's going to work, as for effectiveness, i like how it efficiently utilizes space. :)

thumbs up for a new innovative design, maybe i'll steal ur idea and have it duplicated when i get my sump made :) let us know how it works out when u finally plumb everything.

thanks, dude. yeah. like you said, I think the distance the micro-b's have to travel and the fact that the flow will be VERY slow thru the fuge intake (like 200-300 gph max; w/ the remaining 700-800 gph split off into the skimmer intake section), it should be okay. but adding 1 extra baffle may be worth it just in case. =)

warrior_boy

what if you flip-flopped the fuge and skimmer section so you could have better access to fuge. I would think you would want to be able to see the life and progress in your refugium but thats just me

btw, the plumbing where the overflow pvc splits should look something like this (this T-split will happen in the stand):

fugepvc1.jpg

WB - I guess I wanted more access to the skimmer since my 30g set-up I had skimmer hanging on the back, and it was such a PITA to get to when I needed to do routine maintenance on it. So I'm just more slanted on having easy access to the skimmer. I rarely look at my fuge right now anyway. haha.

Thanks, wb! I just made a quick 3D version of the above. Some ppl were getting confused cuz the diagram above is only the top view. so here's the 3D versions:

fuge3d1.jpg

fuge3d2.jpg

Archived