Pod Your Reef

Finally some pics of my tank

Nateair

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

bash all you want, i get my corals for free, i was also told that i couldnt do this much in a month. but all my corals are growing and my firefish and cleaner shrimp are also happy. remember when i say a month that means i took it out of the box a month ago and started filling it with my sand and live rock. about 2 weeks later i added my GSP's and a week later i added everything else and then the firefish. i think i put the shrimp in there about 2 weeks into it.

if the corals die ill just get more. im not going into things like this without knowledge. i work with experts who teach me everything.

man thats a bad attitude you are incontrol of these things lives and you just throw them away for nothing. You should think a little more, adn they will die, the SPS deff, and the frogspawn probibly

i dont know who told you these things will die but you are seriously misinformed. or if you killed them yourself at some point in time im not sure what to tell you. they will live and be fine. like i said, i work with professionals who do this for a living, we try all kinds of different things. you cant really see it in the pic but i do have ricordia and a mushroom in there as well. you let me know when youre ready to comment on my one month old tank and not the misinformed info that my corals will die.

mmk not fighting with you man, the light requirments of SPS are not that of shrooms tho, good looking tank tho, i like the frogspawn a lot

Wow nice tank you got there.

It sure looks like you know what you are doing and you are indeed getting a professional help. Your tank is thriving!

One small request though. In the post earlier, you sound very strong and offensive. I know you are doing great and your tank looks great but I think it will serve you well if you tone down little bit!.

I really enjoy your tank though!

well when i get bashed over and over and told i cant do that, i will come off very harsh. people tell me i cant do that and i say watch me. if it works then it will be a testimonial to what you can do. if it doesnt work then there can be something learned on how to make it work. its not fun if its not a challenge.

a little off subject but just FYI, i was also told that i cant put more than 5 fish MAX in my freshwater tank(20g tall) and if they were Goldfish it would be even less. Well i put 6 goldfish and 2 plecos in my tank about 4 months ago, and now i have an extremly clean tank and 6, 4 inch goldfish(grew 3 inches) and 2 very happy plecos.

you have to try it and do it right before you bash it and tell somebody it wont work. with each of the plants i put in my tank i made sure they would work with my lighting because im not upgrading. i guess ill let you know how it goes because i plan on fragging them in 2 months for my 85g that im building.

I think you are doing a wonderful things as we are all trying to discover new methods and learn from eachother as how we can preserve and enjoy these awesome little creatures. I am actually appreciative what you are doing because you are sort of breaking the rules and having success. Thats why we are here for!

Now, I am sure, they are NOT actually "Bashing" you but telling you based on their experience of what worked and what didn't. So I think there is no need to be harsh when they are trying to share their experiences. Instead of fighting back at them, which might turn some people off, maybe you should share in detail what you are doing and what kind of equipments you are using, so we can benefit from your reef-keeping/fish-keeping skills and follow your footsteps.

Let us know, I want to learn from your experiments!!!

And once again, your tank looks great

Thanks for reading my mumblings!

Those monti sps frags should be okay in lower light. So they'll probably be fine under stock dx lights.

other sps - especially blue acros- may be a little more difficult to keep in terms of color retention. they brown out pretty easily under lower lights.

You have a verry nice looking tank,I wouldn't pay to much att. to what some of the comments are on here.

I have a 55 gal reef invert. tank that all I have for filtertion ia a planted ferugium. A lot of people say that is impossable. Well I have been doing this for over 40 years and know what works and what dont. Good luck with your tank.

Bingo, tigah is correct. I wanted to get some different colored SPS but i couldnt because they wouldnt live under that lighting. However the ones i did get will survive.

Lobo - its fun to defy the impossible, isnt it?

oogie - sorry i come off harsh i just think its funny when people see a pic of growing happy plants and say that they are going to die.

I agree, a montipora digitata should be fine and WONT DIE because of lack of lighting. It may lose color, but will not die. Thats what i have found IME

For those interested...

I started the tank right before thanksgiving, i threw in the sand and lfs saltwater and then two days later added my LR. about 2 days after that i added the clean up crew. then i sat and watched. i checked all my levels and watched closely and got impatient and added a domino damsel after 2 weeks. Rahab was a great little fish but after it killed my Goby i took it back to the fish store, also causing a reaquascape.

Right after i added the fish i added the GSP, they are a very hardy coral and thrive quite nicely in my tank. Well while i still had the damsel i started adding the rest of my corals. half one week and half the next.

Im now in week 5-6 and the coraline algae is starting to bloom, i thought it was weird because i heard people say it took them months and months to grow their algae. ill post some pics later because im going to bed right now. if you have any ?'s let me know i would be happy to answer them.

Can you give us more info on your tank: water parameters, filter media, pumps, and a list of your stock? I looked through your old posts, and didn't see a whole lot.

Thanks

Originally posted by Nateair

Bingo, tigah is correct.  I wanted to get some different colored SPS but i couldnt because they wouldnt live under that lighting.  However the ones i did get will survive.

Lobo - its fun to defy the impossible, isnt it?

oogie - sorry i come off harsh i just think its funny when people see a pic of growing happy plants and say that they are going to die.

Plants?

Did you say plants?

Yeah thats what he said HAHAHAHAHAHAHA plants, pal you need to go back to your professional experts and get your information correct? Plants HAHAHAHAHA.

Archived