Innovative Marine Aquariums

New 29 gallon

The Speez

Haha. I want one badly, but lack the funds at the moment. Maybe next year I'll splurge on one. ;) That really is a nice tank. Great setup. Gotta love the xenia on the back wall. ;)

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't mean to insult anyone...sorry supernip. Does that mean you have a Calc reactor on your tank too?

Kogut- MRC has some nano/ "Hot" calc reactors that actually are hang on style and only use one pump. If I had the space in my stand I would have used one of those.

Here is a link. Check it out!

http://www.myreefcreations.com/cahot.htm

Speez: Your tank is looking great man! Thanks for the link on the calc reactor. I'm about to add a sump onto my 10g, that smaller reactor would be perfect. So simple too.

Thanks for the link. I was looking at those before they actually came out. I would really like one. Only problem is that once I replace my skimmer, I'm not going to have any room on the back. It might end up going on the side of the tank, actually, if I can get the funds! :P

11809113-1395_IMG-med.jpg

Can I get some opinions of the new rock work ledge style VS. the old mountain peak style...I picked up 10 more pounds of cured liverock to make some more "real estate" space for some different SPS.

Does it look better or is it to "Blob" like in appearance?

Any comments are welcomed.

eben....wow, the tank looks awesome man! i can't believe i didn't notice any of your threads before! lol. i do have a small 2.5 polyp acan lord frag that i'm growing out to sell...lmk if you're interested as it would be easier to sell locally than to worry any about shipping(i figure i'll hold onto it for a month or so to make sure growth is ok and whatnot). anyway, that little overhand looks perfect for some alien eye(blue angel) zoos! :D

thanks Y!

lets make sure the water params. stay stable with the new rock and I'll hit you up for some Eagle Eyes this weekend. I'd also love a frag of the Acan if the price is right. Lets chat later this week.

And of course...The new control center. I just mounted the temp. gauge next to the Tunze top-off system and the heater controller.

The Pinpoint is to monitor the Tank pH and make sure the Calc. Reactor doesn't drop the pH below 8.0

11809114-1407_IMG-med.jpg

awsome tank speez. Its came a long way from the first pic. Looks like you got quite the equiment set up there. I wish i had the dough for that stuff. Keep up the good work!:)

adamjonpeterson

Wow I am amazed, that is one amazing tank. Just curious about how much do you think you have spent. If you don't want to say that is cool. Just curious.

hey speez. i live in sac, and ive been wanting to start a 30 gallon with an acrylic tank. where did you get it and for how much? and where did you pick up the lighting equipment?

Hey MF,

the lighting I bought from premium aquatics online, and the tank was custom built that I bought from a guy named John Dam from Nemo Aquatics in Rocklin that no longer exists.

For a tank I would go to AquaLife in Rocklin and see what they have. If you are getting a 29 I would suggest that you have a custom overflow built in. They also sell MH lighting there but I dont know what the prices are. I would shop around there, at

premiumaquatics.com, MarineDepot.com, and Hellolights.com

Stay away from O street, Exotic Aquarium, or Capitol Aquarium bcause their prices are absurd and they will give you rotten advice.

I wouldn't spend more than $200 for a custom 29 acrylic tank and I would suggest that you get a MH. The two I suggest are either the oceanmedic or the IceCap/PFO pendant. The OceanMedic is cheaper, but the ICECAP has a fan built in to the PENDANT instead of the Ballast. This keeps the light itself very cool and will prevent any MH heating issues down the road. Check the out on premium aquatics. I highly suggest the extra $$ as a great investment, especially in the Sacto summer hell.

adamjonpeterson

Thanks Speez, if you ever have any frags from those zoo's you want to trade let me know. We can do a thermos trade. I have some fun new ones that are coming in the next few days.

adamjonpeterson

Cool. That is why I love zoo's you can mail them via usps for $8 so u can trade all over the US. When ever you have some frags ready shoot me a PM.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived