SaltCritters.com

For Larnie...................

SaltyDawg

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Check my link, I want an honest opinion to see if we agree on what I have been calling mine.

Uhhh... I didn't say anything about subspecies.

$600 for the test!!! OK not right now, maybe someday. :)

Originally posted by SaltyDawg

blahblahblah...

adinsxq :  Oh please!!!!  enjoying your ride on the band wagon are we? What constructive documentation or visual proof have you offered to decipher the two? I believe none!!!!!

SHAD APP!!!!!! ;) I can at least respect Joshnimly's knowledge however displaced it may be. He and others did the work for you.

I bet you are French arent you! The Americans are winning!!! Get out our riffles!!! Oh no the Germans are advancing !!! Run and hide!!!!!!

sad. very sad.

Those are my pictures.

Emokid is my puppet.

Originally posted by SaltyDawg

Take you long to look that word up ?

I sincerely hope you are not talking about me. And if you are, please get some education, sir. If you are not, scratch my last sentence. =P

Salty, why replace the picture in the original post, not that it matters... just curious.

Really, someone PM/email me if this thread develops into anything of further intererst. Unlike Mr. Tigahboy, they keep us undergrads here for another week.

Never knew you went to UCLA. niiice. but we do start way earlier than you guys, so it balances out. the campus is dead when we start classes in August.

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/showthread...&threadid=45910

Whatch as this amazing list grows to more verdicts of florida ric., florida ric., florida ric. . LOL!!!!!!!

Was reffering to the scientifical goose hunt Josh sent me on. ( The word comment.)

I would check your link if I knew where the "H" it was!

BTW you may not have said anything about "subspecies" But I did. Check a few posts back and re-read them.

Adin: I replaced the pic in the original post inorder to show the "eagle-eye" polyps wich almost turnned into onother dispute in the same thread. Thats all. ( and to show Josh the whole colony of rics.) Your pics, your pupette. Sure they are. Sure he is. BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHahahahaaaaaaa!

Sorry it got lost on the first page here it is http://www.nano-reef.com/gallery/showgalle...=500&ppuser=543

Now you can realy see what I am talkng about! see how the Yuma's have a 5-6 point star like design?

In the new picture at the begining of this thread. It shows (to me at least) that the "5-6 point star like design" is very prominant in your rics. Please explain this to me.

Do you want me to vote on the other thread or do you know what my vote is. :)

That is not a "design" as in a slightly different colored row which is raised. It is the ric contracting a little. You know frilling up a bit, shrinking it's self. When they are happy the lay flat as a board.

Probably hit by a stray blast of current. My hawk could have just wizzed by them?

The fourth picture from the left in the top row in your page:

Florida ric. Man I swear to god tenticles on the mouth dose not mean it is a Yuma. Florida rics have it too. It is just what I was trying to get across with my subspecies remark in a way.

There are several subspecies of florida rics, just as there are several of Yuma's.

No one looks exactly alike but they share the same "GENERAL" features. I also have a florida ric with no tenticles on its mouth, and it is butt-ass bright white and green. I mean I can barely get a good shot of it with out it looking like a picture with too much bright/contrast.

Also : I agree with what you have labled in your gallery as Yumas. They are. ( accept for the green one that one is too close for me to call.)But if you look at mine and look at your yuma pics they look nothing alike. I will take another pic of my white ric as soon as I get my camera back from my girlfriend.

Ok I get it. I have noticed that too. On my floridas they kind of shrink all at once when they are disturbed. They go from a big polyp to a smaller polyp without any shape changes, just the size difference. On my yumas they do kind of wrinkle up into the 5-6 star shape when disturbed.

I am using the term "polyp" loosely here.

Nah I wasnt saying that your Yumas wrinkle up into that position to cause that desing.

They have that "design" no matter if they are fully expanded or if they are retracting them selves. If you Look real close you can see in the solid colored yumas that the lines that form the 5-6 point desing are realy raised rows with a slightly different pigmentation to them. In the more vivid colored yuma's it is realy prodominent.

"most" florida ric's do not share this feature. either their tenticles are even in height with a short skirt and no tenticles on their mouths, or they are un-uniform in height with a prodominant skirt and can have either tenticles on their mouths or none at all.

I have no idea which areas the two originate from in FLA. nore do I know Why each difference occurs.

It may be this though. Some florida rics are from the caribean sea and some are collected from the gulf of mexico and around some of the local beaches on the tampa side.

The caribean rics may be the ones with the tenticles on the mouths and the ones more mainland may be the ones without these tenticles? NOT speaking of pacific yumas here only fla. rics.

I also need to define what "I" deem to be the 5-6 point star design. This design that I have seen on most all yumas have equal length lines all around it forming this 5-6 point star design.

Most all fla rics with such a design only have this line going up one or two lines actualy making it to the mouth .

Now the Yuma species that have no design like this are usualy very thick bodied and only have thick tenticles closer to the edge of the body and are in small bunches as oposed to a uniform skirtting.

all you need to stop your biotchin,

this hobby is so vast, who the fook ACTUALLY KNOWS, what we are gettin, did you name it, did you pick it, are you a fookin "reef expert scientist,"

i say, fook it, if it looks good, and you can occomidate it, keep it :)_

now yall need to shut-the-fook-up.

One question to SaltyDawg.. Why is it so important to you that your ric's are florida vs. yuma?

I just dont really understand all the pride. Its just a name.

and FOOK YOU TOO YA MOOTHA FOOKA!!!!!

fook u, fook u, fook u, fook u, fook u, fook u, fook u, and, fook u!!!

LOL I love it!!!!!!!!

nuubenanoboy: adult male alter ego thing. You'll under stand in a few years. Realy it is a cost issue for me. A yuma is MUCH more valuable then a run of the mill fla. ric. . They are harder to get and have much more vibrant and vivid coloration. this thread started out trying to show some one the difference so they didnt get gipped. that all.

The last one you posted I dont think is a yuma. It resembles my orange rics but it is very very close to call for me. btw look at your blue rics closely when they are laying flat and undesturbed. It looks like in the pic you have there that they have tenticles on their mouths as well. The polyps surrounding them may jut be swollen so you cant see them well.

I could be dead wrong about your green ric though it may be a yuma. if nothing else other than its size.

btw: your avatar? is that a baby green tipped hairy tonga shroom or the mouth of some sort of LPS opening up?

None of the blue rics in that pic have any tentacles on their mouths. The tents are just packed that close together.

The pic in my avatar is a frag of that green blasto in my gallery. i didn't want to frag it but I need to pay for this habit somehow.

Archived